Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

12 hours ago, chris2208 said:

Was thinking this myself. Looking forward to the new season and challenge with who will be our manager and the new signings.

It could be a good reset in the long term. A new and progressive manager, a team with desire and the fans getting to see a bit of success if we get promoted and feeling closer to the team as we did in 2014.

• Like 1

I see the logic in signing Conor Coady, but I actually think our current centre-back pairing of Faes and Souttar will be more than adequate for the championship. I really take the point about him having the leadership qualities that we have been lacking. By all accounts a very good professional. 

9 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Shoot me down here but is there any chance of someone like Conor Coady on a loan? Everton aren’t keeping him, can’t imagine he’ll get back in at Wolves. His England career is most likely over now, can’t see many Prem teams looking at him? Get him in as captain to set the tone and the standard?

EDIT: Just seen already suggested higher up whilst positing this.

Think he would be a decent signing for one of the newly promoted teams like Burnley or Sheffield United. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I see the logic in signing Conor Coady, but I actually think our current centre-back pairing of Faes and Souttar will be more than adequate for the championship. I really take the point about him having the leadership qualities that we have been lacking. By all accounts a very good professional. 

It’s a 46 game season we probably do need an experienced CB to replace Jonny Evans and he would fit the bill.

I wonder if we could bring in Craig Dawson?

Coady struggles in a back 4. It's why Wolves got rid of him when they changed and I guess why Everton don't want him. Great leader but not sure how mobile both him and Soutter would be. If we play a back 3 might be worth it. 

Edited by Guesty

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Wolves having issues with FFP? That may mean they want to offload Coady or they may see him as being a decent cheap option to keep as a squad player because signings will be few and far between. 

Just now, Guesty said:

Coady struggles in a back 4. It's why Wolves got rid of him when they changed and I guess why Everton don't want him. Great leader but not sure how mobile both him and Soutter would be. If we play a back 3 might be worth it. 

Again it comes back to the manager situation. 

7 minutes ago, Guesty said:

I take the point about struggling in a back 4 but there’s a big difference between playing in a back 4 against top Premier League strikers and doing it in the 2nd tier. He gives you the option of playing a back 3 and 4 so there’s flexibility there and I don’t think you can underplay him being a great leader and a model professional. Our team needs leaders and he is a standout leader. 

59 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It could be a good reset in the long term. A new and progressive manager, a team with desire and the fans getting to see a bit of success if we get promoted and feeling closer to the team as we did in 2014.

Definitely, lets face it, we probably would have lost Maddison and Barnes this summer anyway - other teams have rebuilt in the Championship - Burnley, Fulham, Sheffield Utd - I am sure we will get the right manager and players in.

1 minute ago, chris2208 said:

Definitely, lets face it, we probably would have lost Maddison and Barnes this summer anyway - other teams have rebuilt in the Championship - Burnley, Fulham, Sheffield Utd - I am sure we will get the right manager and players in.

If we replace them with promising young Championship players we wouldn't have touched last season to replace such high profile names, it could go very well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Shoot me down here but is there any chance of someone like Conor Coady on a loan? Everton aren’t keeping him, can’t imagine he’ll get back in at Wolves. His England career is most likely over now, can’t see many Prem teams looking at him? Get him in as captain to set the tone and the standard?

EDIT: Just seen already suggested higher up whilst positing this.

Was coming to say this. I suspect a newly promoted club takes him. But if they don’t we should absolutely bring him in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

For that amount, could he be worth it? Experienced, decent around the changing room and could be what we need to keep standards high 

Coady is best in a back 3 usually, but he's a good leader. If Evans moved on, he wouldn't be a bad shout at all for a few seasons to help us get back up IMO. 46 games is a LOT of games, you need cover in all positions. 

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Coady is best in a back 3 usually, but he's a good leader. If Evans moved on, he wouldn't be a bad shout at all for a few seasons to help us get back up IMO. 46 games is a LOT of games, you need cover in all positions. 

I’d take Coady all day long for his leadership qualities alone. 

Get it done.

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We also need to be tactically flexible, way more than we have been previously.

Having coady to bring on or start games when we're using a 3 back could be hugely important. 

And as you've said, he's a great leader, something we've really been missing 

• Like 2

Manchester United have dropped their asking price for Anthony Elanga by half, they want £10m for him. 
THAT. IS. A. BARGAIN. 
Give him a contract, tell him he will play every single week, give him a contract bonus in his contract for promotion, and build a squad around him. He's struggled in the last 12 months but so have most of Uniteds squad, he could be our winger for the next 5-6 years before we sell him on for big profit. We have to get back to this blueprint. GERRIMIN.
United also open to loaning him, loan him with an optional buyout for £10m

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2