Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Manchester United have dropped their asking price for Anthony Elanga by half, they want £10m for him. 
THAT. IS. A. BARGAIN. 
Give him a contract, tell him he will play every single week, give him a contract bonus in his contract for promotion, and build a squad around him. He's struggled in the last 12 months but so have most of Uniteds squad, he could be our winger for the next 5-6 years before we sell him on for big profit. We have to get back to this blueprint. GERRIMIN.
United also open to loaning him, loan him with an optional buyout for £10m

It's time we went back to our mixture of good solid pro's and gambles for a few mill here or there. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Manchester United have dropped their asking price for Anthony Elanga by half, they want £10m for him. 
THAT. IS. A. BARGAIN. 
Give him a contract, tell him he will play every single week, give him a contract bonus in his contract for promotion, and build a squad around him. He's struggled in the last 12 months but so have most of Uniteds squad, he could be our winger for the next 5-6 years before we sell him on for big profit. We have to get back to this blueprint. GERRIMIN.
United also open to loaning him, loan him with an optional buyout for £10m

Good shout. He could be a great prospect. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's time we went back to our mixture of good solid pro's and gambles for a few mill here or there. 

Exactly, Don't get me wrong, £10m is a lot of money at the moment, especially given our situation, a loan would be perfect for him to get game time and prove himself, but I think he's easily going to be a 30-40m winger in the right squad. When he had a good run last season he was very good, he didn't score as many goals as he needed to, but his attacking stats were on the level of Barnes, he would rip the championship apart with confidence and a good manager behind him. 

image.thumb.png.aad451c966639cf80819f72f3ec3360b.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

For that amount, could he be worth it? Experienced, decent around the changing room and could be what we need to keep standards high 

He would be a good fit but I imagine he still has ambitions with England and would like to stay in the EPL. Perhaps one of the newly promoted teams 

RB - Max Aarons

CB - Jacob Greaves

CM - Charlie Patino 

RW - Conor Chaplin

CAM - Ilias Chair

LW - Anthony Elanga 

ST - Miles Leaburn 

And any of the following on loan:

Harwood Bellis / Chukwuemeka / Sarmiento / Mcatee / Hutchinson / Carlos Borges / Mendel-Idowu / Tommy Doyle 

• Like 1

Coady would be a superb signing. Surely he'd find a home in the PL though.

Still though, if his offers are from relegation prospects we have every chance. 

8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Auston Trusty if he isn’t in Arsenal’s plans.

Excellent loan spell at Birmingham, resulting in him winning their Player of the Season award. 

Would you have a look at Jason Knight at Derby? They've triggered the extra year on his contract that was about to expire but only so they can get a better fee for him, he's said he's off. I quite like him and think he'd be a great squad player, wouldn't cosy much more than £1-2m.

Another who I can't believe his numbers is Zian Flemming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Keane Lewis-Potter not done a lot at Brentford, could be one to get on loan with an option/obligation to buy. 

Completely forgot he went there! We've a long standing interest in him, so you never know...

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would you have a look at Jason Knight at Derby? They've triggered the extra year on his contract that was about to expire but only so they can get a better fee for him, he's said he's off. I quite like him and think he'd be a great squad player, wouldn't cosy much more than £1-2m.

Another who I can't believe his numbers is Zian Flemming.

From Derby, Jason Knight, Max Bird & Eiran Cashin are the trio that Championship teams will probably come in for. Not sure who Derby fans see as having a higher ceiling out of that trio.

Flemming would be a good candidate to replacement Maddison, he won Millwall’s player of the season. Could see Millwall digging their heels in though if anyone comes in for him, Ilias Chair would probably be more easier to sign. I’d also be looking to Villa for Jaden Philogene & Aaron Ramsey, we’ll need a few loans, Villa will probably loan them out again if they aren’t in Emery’s plans. 

• Like 1

Malik Tillman might be a shout. Was on loan at Rangers from Bayern last season, an attacking midfielder, 21 years old. 6 foot 1, Looks strong and very good in tight spaces, has a bit of flair about him. 12 goals 5 assists in all comps which isn't mindblowing in that league but not bad. Valued at £5m and was rated quite highly at Ibrox from what I can see. He's made 7 appearances for Bayern also. 

• Like 3

Iverson

Aarons

Souttar

Edwards

Kristiansen 

KDH

Ramsey

Archer

Hutchinson (loan)

Borges (loan)

Daka

get a few more free transfers to fill the squad, sell everyone with a year left on there contracts plus anyone who wants to leave.

This would be the start of my list. I think we’d need another centre back and midfielder and a few more wingers. 

Leopold Wahlstedt - GK

Louis Patris - RB

Ewoud plentickx - CB

Sivert Mannsverk - CM

Etienne Camara - CM

Charlie Patino - CM

Borges - LW

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Do think we need to bring in a forward or two, as can see one of Daka or Iheanacho or both potentially leaving.

My list would be: Langstaff from Notts County and Che Adams from Southampton.

Miles Leaburn from Charlton or Joel Piroe from Swansea to team up with Nathaniel Opoku if the rules on player eligibility changes this summer.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Miles Leaburn from Charlton or Joel Piroe from Swansea to team up with Nathaniel Opoku if the rules on player eligibility changes this summer.

Looks a good prospect but can see him ending up at a premier league club based in London, and then loaned back to Charlton.