Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

8 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Malik Tillman might be a shout. Was on loan at Rangers from Bayern last season, an attacking midfielder, 21 years old. 6 foot 1, Looks strong and very good in tight spaces, has a bit of flair about him. 12 goals 5 assists in all comps which isn't mindblowing in that league but not bad. Valued at £5m and was rated quite highly at Ibrox from what I can see. He's made 7 appearances for Bayern also. 

decent shout that

Coady would be great on a 3 year deal as replacement for Evans, steps straight in as captain. A real leader and proper defender, would be a real statement if intent. Only 30 so plenty left in the tank and would be excellent back in the premier league  if we did secure promotion. 

Greaves and Ronnie Edwards as the Amartey and Soyuncu replacements and our central defence would be sorted. 

I would be tempted to try and bring in either Djed Spence from Spurs or Ramsey from Liverpool on loan as our right back. 

Bring back Hamza as CDM, more than proved he can cut it at Championship level also hope the year on loan will have him chomping at the bit to come home. 

Poku, Chair, Lewis-Potter, Elanga and Borges would be great attacking midfield additions albeit a mix of loans and permanent signings. 

Striker wise I would like to see Piroe and Tom Cannon brought in alongside Vards. 

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Coady would be great on a 3 year deal as replacement for Evans, steps straight in as captain. A real leader and proper defender, would be a real statement if intent. Only 30 so plenty left in the tank and would be excellent back in the premier league  if we did secure promotion. 

Greaves and Ronnie Edwards as the Amartey and Soyuncu replacements and our central defence would be sorted. 

I would be tempted to try and bring in either Djed Spence from Spurs or Ramsey from Liverpool on loan as our right back. 

Bring back Hamza as CDM, more than proved he can cut it at Championship level also hope the year on loan will have him chomping at the bit to come home. 

Poku, Chair, Lewis-Potter, Elanga and Borges would be great attacking midfield additions albeit a mix of loans and permanent signings. 

Striker wise I would like to see Piroe and Tom Cannon brought in alongside Vards. 

Decent list... I'd throw in clark-harris from posh too

• Like 1

I'd like us to go for Langstaff from Notts County. I think he would hit the ground running!

I would like to see us go in gor Kent from Rangers - he is on a free and can replace Barnes if/when he goes. 

Coady would be a great signing and I'd make him captain - I don't think he will drop down as will still have England ambitions.

Elanga would be class. Archer would be great for us. Would love us to sign Alex Scott but don't think that will happen. 

I'd sign Chair just because of the Championship experience. 

Also, what's Knockaert doing these days? He wouldn't be a bad shout - knows the club, fans love him etc. 

7 minutes ago, chadlcfc said:

Lingard just been released by Forest.

Unsure on wages but would thrive behind Nacho and Daka surely (if they stay).

Just severely lacking game time and confidence

i do not need to see jlingz milly rocking at st. andrews after scoring a consolation goal

20 minutes ago, chadlcfc said:

Top’s preparing 100k a week for him. 

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The worst shout on foxestalk since Col wanted us to sign that equally talentless fat lump from Sunderland and wouldn't shut up about it for six years. 

I remember the days of Col claiming that Cattermole would have been a better signing than Cambiasso rather fondly. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think he fits the bill as a player that could potentially dominate this division and with the right management have the potential to step up in future for dare i say it? The big time? 

From what I've seen of him, he goes to sleep when the opposition have the ball. Zero defensive work. 

8 hours ago, chadlcfc said:

I spoke with someone who supports Forest the other day who said Lingard is prone to bouts of depression, which is the reason he hasn’t performed there. Not sure how much truth there is in this though. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Some people really don't deserve to post on here and it's a really fvcking low bar tbf.

One of the most over-rated players for a few good seasons.

30 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I spoke with someone who supports Forest the other day who said Lingard is prone to bouts of depression, which is the reason he hasn’t performed there. Not sure how much truth there is in this though. 

Yeah, it's common knowledge that he struggles with his mental health. He done a C4 documentary on it. At one point getting pretty deep with alcohol while at Utd because he was struggling with public criticism on tip of his depression. 

11 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Yeah, it's common knowledge that he struggles with his mental health. He done a C4 documentary on it. At one point getting pretty deep with alcohol while at Utd because he was struggling with public criticism on tip of his depression. 

I hope for his sake he manages to find a way to live with it skilfully. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Zian Flemming is supposed to be quality I’m told, worked with a Millwall fan that said he’s too far to good for them. Wouldn’t cost a fortune. 

Very good player from what I've seen.

Just shows that even with the new transfer rules, there are real bargains to be picked up abroad. Piroe cost £1m, Hamer and Gyokores £1m each, Benson £2.5m and Fleming £2m.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very good player from what I've seen.

Just shows that even with the new transfer rules, there are real bargains to be picked up abroad. Piroe cost £1m, Hamer and Gyokores £1m each, Benson £2.5m and Fleming £2m.

Three from the Eredivisie, one from the Belgian Pro League.

As I said to you the other week Ric, those two leagues could be key to some of our transfer dealings.

Plenty of potential bargains to be had, plus far easier getting a work permit as they come under Band 2, unless Work Permit rules do change as rumoured. 

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Three from the Eredivisie, one from the Belgian Pro League.

As I said to you the other week Ric, those two leagues could be key to some of our transfer dealings.

Plenty of potential bargains to be had, plus far easier getting a work permit as they come under Band 2, unless Work Permit rules do change as rumoured. 

Yeah, I'd pretty much focus our entire scouting this summer on those 2 leagues + lower domestic leagues and PL young players / unwanted players.

We still need a dedicated scout covering South America.

• Like 1