Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Yeah, it's common knowledge that he struggles with his mental health. He done a C4 documentary on it. At one point getting pretty deep with alcohol while at Utd because he was struggling with public criticism on tip of his depression. 

He also goes into his background a lot on his appearance on Diary of a CEO on youtube (cracking channel by the way) 

I could see us setting up like this come the start of the season. Not much experience in that midfield though. I'd prefer a new face over Choudhury, but he has done well in the Championship this season.

lineup.png

14 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I could see us setting up like this come the start of the season. Not much experience in that midfield though. I'd prefer a new face over Choudhury, but he has done well in the Championship this season.

lineup.png

Granted Barnes will be leaving but replacing him with a chair won't help, Tillimens however! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CloudFox said:

lineup.png

...tghat is a hardworking robust midfield, not sure the front 4 can press effectively and the pressure goes on to the midfield!!!

Osorio and Chair are hardly physical, we need to set up in a 4-3-3, no Maddison means he is not pulled from his main position. We would then have players who are right for the positions they are in.

9 hours ago, KFS said:

Few beers in but I’m honestly now excited that we’ll be after a new crop of young and hungry players. This was the hard reset we needed imo 

Enter Jesse Lingard and Ainsley Maitland-Niles.

On 02/06/2023 at 23:29, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, I'd pretty much focus our entire scouting this summer on those 2 leagues + lower domestic leagues and PL young players / unwanted players.

We still need a dedicated scout covering South America.

Focus is good if it delivers results  I wouldn’t rule anything out if it  delivers what we need. Physicality and athleticism is important but we need to also focus on players who are hungry and can also really play football. Technical football including all those aspects of control passing shielding tackling shooting defending and football awareness. Some stuff can be improved by coaching but we need to go back to finding those real gems. I just hope we actually have a clear vision so we know what we need to go out and get. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KFS said:

Few beers in but I’m honestly now excited that we’ll be after a new crop of young and hungry players. This was the hard reset we needed imo 

agreed but where is the manager? thats the problem

It's vital we come back up at the first time of asking. 

Last season we suffered because we had a lack of leaders in the squad.  

I'd love to see us try and tempt Schmeichel back as i feel he'd be instrumental in a return to the Premier league. Same as Coady from Wolves or Dunk from Brighton they would be great acquisitions if we could get them to drop down a league. 

Both have lots of experience and are great leaders.

At the same time we need to have a healthy balance of experienced pros and talented players so players like Hamer, Chair, Gyokeres or Scott would all be welcome additions. 

Don't see Kaspar coming back to us.

There's a few prem clubs that might need a number 1. Lloris is leaving Spurs, Raya might leave Brentford, there might be opportunity for him to go in as a number 1 for a decent prem side.