Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

9 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Don't see Kaspar coming back to us.

There's a few prem clubs that might need a number 1. Lloris is leaving Spurs, Raya might leave Brentford, there might be opportunity for him to go in as a number 1 for a decent prem side. 

Neither Spurs nor Brentford would sign him if we’re being realistic, not that I think he’d come back here either 

On reflection, damn. This thread is depressing. We’re talking, on the whole, about some seriously shit players. Very few of those mentioned would get a sniff in the Premier League.  Think I’ll just tap out of this for a bit. 

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

It's vital we come back up at the first time of asking. 

Last season we suffered because we had a lack of leaders in the squad.  

I'd love to see us try and tempt Schmeichel back as i feel he'd be instrumental in a return to the Premier league. Same as Coady from Wolves or Dunk from Brighton they would be great acquisitions if we could get them to drop down a league. 

Both have lots of experience and are great leaders.

At the same time we need to have a healthy balance of experienced pros and talented players so players like Hamer, Chair, Gyokeres or Scott would all be welcome additions. 

Of all the mental takes we’ve had in here down the years, that’s arguably the worst. He’s just captained the side to it’s first every European spot and played regularly. He’s being talked about for an England call up and was one of the best centre backs in the league last year. Why on earth would he even consider leaving Brighton, let alone to drop down a division? 

24 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Of all the mental takes we’ve had in here down the years, that’s arguably the worst. He’s just captained the side to it’s first every European spot and played regularly. He’s being talked about for an England call up and was one of the best centre backs in the league last year. Why on earth would he even consider leaving Brighton, let alone to drop down a division? 

I am sure i have seen far worse. 

To be honest the Dunk shout was purely based on the fact i hadn't seen him in the Brighton line up for their last couple of matches lol He could well of been injured though in all fairness.

As for the England call up...i wouldn't know as i rarely watch England play. 

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

Don't see Kaspar coming back to us.

There's a few prem clubs that might need a number 1. Lloris is leaving Spurs, Raya might leave Brentford, there might be opportunity for him to go in as a number 1 for a decent prem side. 

Agree re. Kasper coming back to us, but Brentford signed Freiburg keeper Mark Flekken last week to replace Raya so it definitely won't be there either.

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

On reflection, damn. This thread is depressing. We’re talking, on the whole, about some seriously shit players. Very few of those mentioned would get a sniff in the Premier League.  Think I’ll just tap out of this for a bit. 

It’s a good job we aren’t in the premier league then isn’t it 😉

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

I am sure i have seen far worse. 

To be honest the Dunk shout was purely based on the fact i hadn't seen him in the Brighton line up for their last couple of matches lol He could well of been injured though in all fairness.

As for the England call up...i wouldn't know as i rarely watch England play. 

Me neither... Rather stick pins in my eyes!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StinckleyFox said:

It’s a good job we aren’t in the premier league then isn’t it 😉

Ahh. I see. Most amusing. So you are one who espousing building a team to get out of the Championship which would be largely incapable of surviving in the Premier League?   Ohh how we all laughed at Forest. 

Just more of the stupid, myopic approach I have come to expect. There are good players out there who can easily grown into Premier League players whilst still hauling us out of the Championship.

• Like 1

Selim Amallah. Absolute workhorse. Like a better Kdh. Just got relegated with Valladolid. If it weren't for his injury would have stayed up. Watford wanted him when they were premier league 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think I can get onboard with a Hamza/KDH double pivot. At least there's a bit of mobility and fight in there. 

Gonna need to be when they are constantly needing to win the ball back after losing it :ph34r:.

In all seriousness, I think having a few local lads as a part of the squad is beneficial. 

One thing you can never fault either for is effort and commitment.

Need as many ways to generate a connection between the team with the fan base as possible.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2023 at 13:13, Finnegan said:

The worst shout on foxestalk since Col wanted us to sign that equally talentless fat lump from Sunderland and wouldn't shut up about it for six years. 

7 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Junior Stanislas leaving Bournemouth. Getting on a bit but could be worth a short term punt on a free

Wow, someone went worse. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think I can get onboard with a Hamza/KDH double pivot. At least there's a bit of mobility and fight in there. 

This would be absolutely fvcking dreadful. Have you ever even watched either play? 

I'm not even talking about their quality, this isn't about insulting them, it's just about how they actually operate. Neither of them is a holding player. Literally both of them defend by aggressively stepping forward and attacking the ball and KDH in particular takes up far more advanced positions on the field. 

You put them at the "base" of a 4231 and the opposition are going to casually stroll through the middle of the park the second they beat the press. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Junior Stanislas leaving Bournemouth. Getting on a bit but could be worth a short term punt on a free

For who? Surely not Leicester City?

We are in the second tier and looking to bounce back; not a 5th tier side looking for an additional passenger.