Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

Not the greatest player but Conor Coady is exactly the kind of character we need. I think leadership is going to be critical next season. I wouldn't want to see too many signings of a similar ilk but I think Coady seems a good lad.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not the greatest player but Conor Coady is exactly the kind of character we need. I think leadership is going to be critical next season. I wouldn't want to see too many signings of a similar ilk but I think Coady seems a good lad.

Would love him here but I can see Moyesy going in for him tbh 

Some form of 3 at the back or a 4231 with an inverted fullback I suspect we’ll need centrebacks with more pace than Coady as Souttar whilst isn’t slow slow needs someone with that next to him. I wouldn’t be against him just not sure he’s the one we’d ideally want over say Ronnie Edwards 

On 08/06/2023 at 21:39, Ric Flair said:

We have to go and get this kid before one of the usual mob get him. He'd be a few million at the most and potentially worth 20 times that in a few years.

Reminds me so much of Oscar Gloukh who it was clear was going to be mustard and Salzburg snapped his up for £4m.

...I  am not in this instance comparing this player to Demarai Gray, but the amount of push and runs this player uses is something that I always felt that Gray should have changed his style of play to incorporate!!!

The amount if pace he had and the space available behind the opposition, he could have used this way to get pass defenders. He just never improved, he was just never self aware, taking onboard his inability to beat a man from a standing start, making him realise he needed to be in motion, and probably believe that he wasn't understood enough, and that is why his career stalled. 

I wonder if there could be a deal to be made for Reiss Nelson on a free transfer leaving Arsenal? or if he signs an extension a loan deal? struggling for game time there and no doubt Arsenal will be strengthening in the summer to try to challenge the title again. 
Elanga at Left Wing for £10m, Nelson at Right wing on a free/loan would be a dream in this division. 

• Like 1

Updated list for me of players to go in for (on the basis we won't get them all)

Defenders:
Ethan Laird (RB - Free - absolute no brainer this lad)
Connor Coady (CB - £4.5m - Another obvious one, leader)
Tuanzebe (CB - Free - Another player United have messed about giving him game time here and there, finally got a loan move and looked good for a few games at Stoke but got injured. )
Mads Bech Sorensen (CB - <£5m - Proven at this level and did okay in the premier league from what I saw, out of favor at Brentford)

Florian Grilitsch  (CDM - Free Ajax player who has fallen out of favor but more than good enough for us)

Hannibal Mejbri (CM - Very good season in the championship and seems liked by Birmingham fans, a hell of a player in there to be unlocked)
Fabio Carvalho (CAM - Loan)
Malik Tillman (CAM - £5m - Solid season on loan at Rangers from Bayern who are happy to sell)

Anthony Elanga (LW£10m - United willing to sell, long term star imo)
Omari Hutchinson (LW - Loan)
Ryan Kent
(Free - LW - Linked to Fenerbache, Mainly a Left winger but can play RW and Also in the middle)
Reiss Nelson (RW - Free or Loan - Unlikely, but we could offer him a long-term future with a squad built around him)
Amad Diallo (LW/RW/CAM - Loan with £15-20m buy option if we get promoted)

Langstaff (ST - £1-2m - Worth a punt)

*UNLIKELY*
CM Roberto Gagliardini (*Very unlikely* free from inter but is only really being talked about with the likes of Forest)

EDIT: Confused a couple of lines and made a horrendous call on Fabio Silva (although I see him as a winger not a striker)

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Updated list for me of players to go in for (on the basis we won't get them all)

Defenders:
Ethan Laird (RB - Free - absolute no brainer this lad)
Connor Coady (CB - £4.5m - Another obvious one, leader)
Tuanzebe (CB - £3-4m - Good season in the champ this year)
Mads Bech Sorensen (CB - <£5m - Proven at this level and did okay in the premier league from what I saw, out of favor at Brentford)

Florian Grilitsch  (CDM - Free Ajax player who has fallen out of favor but more than good enough for us)

Hannibal Mejbri (CM - Very good season in the championship and seems liked by Birmingham fans, a hell of a player in there to be unlocked)
Fabio Carvalho (CAM - Loan)
Malik Tillman (CAM - £5m - Solid season on loan at Rangers from Bayern who are happy to sell)

Anthony Elanga (LW£10m - United willing to sell, long term star imo)
Omari Hutchinson (LW - Loan)
Ryan Kent
(Free - LW - Linked to Fenerbache, Mainly a Left winger but can play RW and Also in the middle)
Reiss Nelson (RW - Free or Loan - Unlikely, but we could offer him a long-term future with a squad built around him)
Amad Diallo (LW/RW/CAM - Loan with £15-20m buy option if we get promoted)

Langstaff (ST - £1-2m - Worth a punt)
Fabio Silva (Loan)

*UNLIKELY*
CM Roberto Gagliardini (*Very unlikely* free from inter but is only really being talked about with the likes of Forest)

Is Coady likely to take a pay cut to make the move? Grillitsch should be in your unlikely section, way too good to move to the Championship and likely to go back to Hoffenheim. Also, Fabio Silva is bad I'm afraid, he has 16 league goals in his career. 

3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

...Hannibal is like Braybrooke gone wrong!!!

I have seen him several times playing in U23s games and believed he was ahead of Braybrooke, he appeared to be going to be a top player. He looks very average at the moment, he always played as a bit of a schemer, in the centre of the pitch but at this moment it appears he is now pushed wide and it does little to enhance his game.

18 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Is Coady likely to take a pay cut to make the move? Grillitsch should be in your unlikely section, way too good to move to the Championship and likely to go back to Hoffenheim. Also, Fabio Silva is bad I'm afraid, he has 16 league goals in his career. 

Yeah, Coady is unlikely as he will probably go somewhere like West Ham. Grilitsch is unlikely I agree on that, I guess my only reasoning here is that there may be a case to argue that Leicester is better positioned for the last 3-4 years of his career (If we can go up first time) to play in a better division and finish in the mid-table positions, we would also be able to offer him competitive wages compared to many of the clubs who will be in for him, he's rumored to be on under 40k a week at Ajax, I can't imagine teams milling around mid-bottom half of the Bundesliga would offer much more than that. But I fully agree if a team in the top half Bundesliga, or Hoffenheim come in for him he will go there. All of that is ifs and buts, but I feel like stranger things have happened and I doubt he will have offers at clubs likely to be fighting at the top 8 of their divisions. 

And on Fabio Silva, I see him as more of a winger to be honest, but yeah that's a terrible call from me and I take it back lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He only played 4 games in the Championship in 22/23? And a single cup game on top of that?

Haven't Man Utd released him anyway, even we can't be that daft in giving them £4m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He only played 4 games in the Championship in 22/23? And a single cup game on top of that?

Yeah I'm not sure why I put "good season in the championship," I think I got it confused with Medjbri. He had an injury at Stoke and wasn't able to play after that. I think he's definitely good enough for the Championship and with a stable season away from United I think is a lower premier league player who could give us good rotation in the future. 

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haven't Man Utd released him anyway, even we can't be that daft in giving them £4m.

You're right actually, Tuanzebe has been released and I didn't realize/check. so free transfer is even better, I think he's good enough. Providing he isn't commanding big wages and we can keep him fit I think it's worth a try on a 2 year deal for example. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1