Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

2 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

Get this lad in.  Available on free transfer.  Performed very well last season in the championship for Swansea.  Lots of potential develop further as well.

Thought he'd all but signed for Luton? 

My thoughts on what we need: -

The following players have reached the end of their contracts and should, in theory, be replaced: - Evans, Amartey, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Mendy, Perez, Tete. We are in negotiation with Evans, but nothing agreed yet, so he is still in this list.

There are strong roumours that the following players are attracting interest and I believe we will/ should sell Maddison, Barnes, Castagne. 

So with the remainder of the existing squad and a few additions from returning loans and under-21s we have: -

Goalkeeper Iversen, Ward, Smithies, Stolarczyk - We seem strong here, but I am not sure any of us want Ward anywhere near a match day squad and Stolarczyk probably needs at least one more loan, so we need at least one more keeper.

Right Back Pereira, Justin, Wormleighton - Looks ok if Pereira stays and both he and Justin can stay fit.

Centre Back Faes, Souttar, Vestergard, Brunt, B. Nelson - We would all like to get rid of Vestergard, but maybe we have reached his level. Re-signing Evans would give us more cover, but can he stay fit? Probably need an CB, preferably a leader/ organiser

Left Back Kristiansen, Thomas - Ok if Thomas stays.

Defensive Midfield Ndidi, Choudhury - Ok if Ndidi stays and recovers some form.

Central Midfield Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare - Ok, but maybe one short.

Attacking Midfield - At least two creative attacking midfielders required

Right Wing/ Midfield Praet, Albrighton, Marcal-Madivadua - Praet will probably leave, Albrighton did not get in a WBA team trying to get promoted last year, so not good enough for us, Marcal-Madivadua is too inexperienced to rely on. At least one RW still required.

Left Wing/ Midfield Maswanhise - Only one inexperienced option, so we need at least 1 more LW.    

Striker Iheanacho, Vardy, Daka, Hirst - If we can keep all of these then we will get goals, even Hirst could score!

So we need 1 keeper, 1 CB leader, 1 CM, 2 AM, 1 RW, 1 LW. 

My suggestions would be: -

Keeper - Kasper!!!

CB - Coady

CM - Gustavo Hamer, Cairney

AM - Ilias Chair

RW - Omari Hutchison (Loan)

LW - Carlos Borges (Loan)

If Iheanacho leaves then bring in Gyokeres

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

My thoughts on what we need: -

The following players have reached the end of their contracts and should, in theory, be replaced: - Evans, Amartey, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Mendy, Perez, Tete. We are in negotiation with Evans, but nothing agreed yet, so he is still in this list.

There are strong roumours that the following players are attracting interest and I believe we will/ should sell Maddison, Barnes, Castagne. 

So with the remainder of the existing squad and a few additions from returning loans and under-21s we have: -

Goalkeeper Iversen, Ward, Smithies, Stolarczyk - We seem strong here, but I am not sure any of us want Ward anywhere near a match day squad and Stolarczyk probably needs at least one more loan, so we need at least one more keeper.

Right Back Pereira, Justin, Wormleighton - Looks ok if Pereira stays and both he and Justin can stay fit.

Centre Back Faes, Souttar, Vestergard, Brunt, B. Nelson - We would all like to get rid of Vestergard, but maybe we have reached his level. Re-signing Evans would give us more cover, but can he stay fit? Probably need an CB, preferably a leader/ organiser

Left Back Kristiansen, Thomas - Ok if Thomas stays.

Defensive Midfield Ndidi, Choudhury - Ok if Ndidi stays and recovers some form.

Central Midfield Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare - Ok, but maybe one short.

Attacking Midfield - At least two creative attacking midfielders required

Right Wing/ Midfield Praet, Albrighton, Marcal-Madivadua - Praet will probably leave, Albrighton did not get in a WBA team trying to get promoted last year, so not good enough for us, Marcal-Madivadua is too inexperienced to rely on. At least one RW still required.

Left Wing/ Midfield Maswanhise - Only one inexperienced option, so we need at least 1 more LW.    

Striker Iheanacho, Vardy, Daka, Hirst - If we can keep all of these then we will get goals, even Hirst could score!

So we need 1 keeper, 1 CB leader, 1 CM, 2 AM, 1 RW, 1 LW. 

My suggestions would be: -

Keeper - Kasper!!!

CB - Coady

CM - Gustavo Hamer, Cairney

AM - Ilias Chair

RW - Omari Hutchison (Loan)

LW - Carlos Borges (Loan)

If Iheanacho leaves then bring in Gyokeres

This all depends on who comes in though....

For example.... Hutter plays 3 CBs and 2 no.10's.... if he comes in, we don't need wingers but need a few more AM's and a few more CB's. 

So it's really impossible to tell what we need right now. 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need to be attempting to have a good bulk of our major transfers sorted before we sell Maddison and Barnes for best part of £90m and start getting fleeced.

that's the concern with Rudders.....

We haven't shown an ability to get multiple deals over the line and we drag our heels on big sales. We know Levy will fcuk about and Newcastle are crying they only has £75m to spend.

If he remains in place for now, pretty nailed on lets be honest, he's got a massive task on. However we need him to be a success if we are to have a decent go at reshaping the squad and bouncing back first time

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Rayan Phillipe 22 year old french winger/forward 32 goals and 26 assists in 30 matches for Hesperange

Wouldn't get a work permit unless there's a change in the rules. Sign and send to Leuven best we could hope for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryy said:

People go on about Borges from Man City but what we think of his team mate Oscar Bobb? @Ric Flair

Very classy, assists machine in the PL2. More of a creative attacking midfielder who can play on the right and cut in or behind the striker rather than a direct and powerful winger like Borges.

• Like 1

So he’s not that shit then and this might now be our level?

On 09/06/2023 at 12:05, General Smuts said:

Is Joel Latibeaudiere any good? Is that our level now? I’m genuinely curious to know. 

On 10/06/2023 at 17:40, Molson Canadian said:

Joel Latibeaudiere on a free transfer from Swansea

On 10/06/2023 at 20:22, Ric Flair said:

I like that shout

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

Rayan Phillipe 22 year old french winger/forward 32 goals and 26 assists in 30 matches for Hesperange

I have no idea if he is good enough for the Championship but that is insane stats at any level. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I have no idea if he is good enough for the Championship but that is insane stats at any level. 

I think the Luxembourgish league is lower than League Two in terms of quality - still impressive numbers but I think the jump is too big personally.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

I think the Luxembourgish league is lower than League Two in terms of quality - still impressive numbers but I think the jump is too big personally.

Hard to gage the level as you say and of course adapting to the country importantly but on that first point, how far down the pyramid in this country would you have to go that a player aged 22 with those stats would not be worth giving a go and bringing in to loan?

I think even at National League North/South level, possibly a bit lower would be worth a punt! 

• Like 2

LCFC used to be quite cocky in the aspect of silence when doing tranfers, because you usually trusted what they were doing regardless if it was late incomings..... now that all that reputation is tarnished in the matter of 2 seasons, it now worries me when you hear absolutely nothing on incomings from the club... prepare yourselves for mass disappointment.