Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Is Holm going there? FFS

It was the same with Oscar Gloukh last season, you just know he moves on from Salzburg in the next 18 months for £25m or more.

thats cos this useless club cant get their fingers out their arses and look into untapped markets like they used too, 

Once they do they'll get somewhere

alot of talent in the scandi regions 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats cos this useless club cant get their fingers out their arses and look into untapped markets like they used too, 

Once they do they'll get somewhere

alot of talent in the scandi regions 

We seem to lose a lot of overseas scouts and/or not specifically cover some regions either. 

On 18/06/2023 at 19:03, lcfc sheff said:

I forgot that Man City own loads of other teams, wonder if there’s players to be picked up from the likes of Bahia, Troyes, Lommel SK or Girona etc 

There are a couple of younger players here in Melbourne that have now moved on outside the City Group that would’ve been good.

Jordan Bos, gone for $AU2M, an attacking left back, and Aiden O’Neill, formerly of Burnley, but has turned it around and now a starter for the Socceroos, CM who keeps the game ticking over beautifully.

Going to miss them both a lot next year.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He had a very good season last year, what's interesting is Man City U21's don't play with inverted wingers. Borges is a left footed LW and Mebude a right footed RW. Oscar Bobb is the left footed player who has the free role and plays across all 3 areas.

...I like the look of him, seems to float around and is always available, very composed and unruffled!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kingfox said:

Good shout Ric 👍🏻

One of the best talents in Sweden right now.

Like Burnley last season, we need to sign players like this who will probably cost £5 mill or less.

We're in a situation where these sorts of gambles have less risk now as we not only need players but we'll be playing at a lower level. We could still easily get players from leagues like Sweden and Denmark for relatively small fees.

Handle this properly and we could put together a really decent squad. Not seeing much from us so far though, but that's no surprise, that's just us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're in a situation where these sorts of gambles have less risk now as we not only need players but we'll be playing at a lower level. We could still easily get players from leagues like Sweden and Denmark for relatively small fees.

Handle this properly and we could put together a really decent squad. Not seeing much from us so far though, but that's no surprise, that's just us.

Almost like there’s not hundreds of other clubs in the world also trying to do business 🤔

23 minutes ago, eye666 said:

Almost like there’s not hundreds of other clubs in the world also trying to do business 🤔

I don't think hundreds of other clubs will need as many players as we do. They're guilty until proven innocent after last year.

Marco Tilio, another young Melbourne City/fringe Socceroo player is currently in London, rumoured to be signing with someone. Worth a look but I don’t think he’ll hack the increased pace and physicality. Gives the assist off in the first clip

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We seem to lose a lot of overseas scouts and/or not specifically cover some regions either. 

part of me wonders if they are sick of their recommendations on players being ignore by higher ups.....

hopefully we got rid of the parasite causing that tho

34 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Clear from the Maresca interview available now that we will get 2 Man City loans in. Hopefully Borges is one of them. 

Where's this?

EDIT: Ignore me, just seen the Telegraph article

Edited by indierich06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Clear from the Maresca interview available now that we will get 2 Man City loans in. Hopefully Borges is one of them. 

What makes you say that mate 

21 minutes ago, KFS said:

What makes you say that mate 

Maresca Interview:

As a former City youth coach, Maresca also comes with an impressive contacts book and is likely to be front of the queue when it comes to loan deals for the next generation of talent. “One or two of them would do us nicely!” he laughs.

“City really do have a lot of young players that I know very well, having worked with them at under-23 level and coached there this season. Top quality players, but it wouldn’t be right to mention any names just at the moment because the lads will be away on holiday and maybe thinking about what’s next for them.”

He clearly has multiple players in mind from the language he is using. Might be more than 2, I’m unsure of the rules on that. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Maresca Interview:

As a former City youth coach, Maresca also comes with an impressive contacts book and is likely to be front of the queue when it comes to loan deals for the next generation of talent. “One or two of them would do us nicely!” he laughs.

“City really do have a lot of young players that I know very well, having worked with them at under-23 level and coached there this season. Top quality players, but it wouldn’t be right to mention any names just at the moment because the lads will be away on holiday and maybe thinking about what’s next for them.”

He clearly has multiple players in mind from the language he is using. Might be more than 2, I’m unsure of the rules on that. 

Think we're allowed up to 4.