Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're in a situation where these sorts of gambles have less risk now as we not only need players but we'll be playing at a lower level. We could still easily get players from leagues like Sweden and Denmark for relatively small fees.

Handle this properly and we could put together a really decent squad. Not seeing much from us so far though, but that's no surprise, that's just us.

I’m taking that as a huge positive though. This tells me that Glover and Maresca are sitting down and evaluating the whole squad/academy, finding out what is required, then finding out what Enzo will want from that position. 

I feel it’s being done properly.

Now Benitez has gone to Celta, Williot Swedberg has got even less chance of making it. Would love to see him in the Championahip, especially in light of Odin Thiago Holm, my other favourite Scandi of recent seasons is going Celtic for a bargain £2.5m.

If Enzo is set on keeping Vardy, then even with reduced wages we probably still need to cut down further. Think sadly we’ll have to realistically sell Iheanacho and I’d be also tempted to sell Daka. In which case Miles Leaburn (to buy) and Cameron archer on loan would me my two choices.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Now Benitez has gone to Celta, Williot Swedberg has got even less chance of making it. Would love to see him in the Championahip, especially in light of Odin Thiago Holm, my other favourite Scandi of recent seasons is going Celtic for a bargain £2.5m.

shame we cant just go in and pinch Holm under celtic's nose :(

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If Enzo is set on keeping Vardy, then even with reduced wages we probably still need to cut down further. Think sadly we’ll have to realistically sell Iheanacho and I’d be also tempted to sell Daka. In which case Miles Leaburn (to buy) and Cameron archer on loan would me my two choices.

Opoku possibly staying as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Or perhaps he is just channeling his inner Claudio and getting the senior pro’s onside first? As the kids will be more malleable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Add this one to the Man City loan shortlist.

Won't come as a surprise but I've been talking up this lad for a few years now. We've far more chance of getting him than Palmer or McAtee. It's a perfect move for him, likewise Carlos Borges.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Been looking into Mandela Keita more and while he may go somewhere higher than us this summer, I'd really be leaning on Leuven to send him over.

Sort of deal where we pay them £2m fee now and another £6m if we come up, or they get him back and suitably financially better off for it.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sort of deal where we pay them £2m fee now and another £6m if we come up, or they get him back and suitably financially better off for it.

Yeah, potentially. Loan with it made permanent on promotion with an up front fee like the one you've mentioned would be perfect. 

We don't use Leuven enough at all! Opoku aside our loans have never worked and we're yet to see anyone come in from them either.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Won't come as a surprise but I've been talking up this lad for a few years now. We've far more chance of getting him than Palmer or McAtee. It's a perfect move for him, likewise Carlos Borges.

3 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Really want this to happen just to see Maresca greet him like this...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Watched that game yesterday.

He looked very bright and dangerous for 70 minutes then faded. 

He’s played mostly as an attacking midfielder for Man City, but he played on the right wing for Norway yesterday, showed he can be equally as dangerous in that position. 

Would certainly take him at Leicester, he’d give us versatility in the attacking areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Been looking into Mandela Keita more and while he may go somewhere higher than us this summer, I'd really be leaning on Leuven to send him over.

Will be interesting to see what happens to him, Royal Antwerp supposedly have an option to buy.

If they take up the option, I wouldn’t mind looking at Alhassan Yusuf from Antwerp. 

Was playing well, got injured, then the emergence of Arthur Vermeeren took his spot.

Good in possession with N’Golo Kante like tendencies out of possession. 

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Yeah, potentially. Loan with it made permanent on promotion with an up front fee like the one you've mentioned would be perfect. 

We don't use Leuven enough at all! Opoku aside our loans have never worked and we're yet to see anyone come in from them either.

...we picked up £7m for Kamal Sowah, he did not even play a minute in the League!!!

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Yeah good shout, but still - one success in 4 or 5 years is pretty poor.

...it has always struck me as a cynical approach to the game and the processes are used in the same way as other clubs!!!

I would rather the scouting networks look to pick up players for both clubs separately, as opposed to using the system to facilitate permits.