Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

On 25/06/2023 at 02:25, Percy Thrower said:

One of these I know is 100% nailed on. From a personal conversation with the player. 👍

Judging by your profile you’ve been around for years, rarely post and don’t talk shite, so I’m inclined to believe you. 

Are you able to enlighten us? From hints elsewhere I am guessing Borges? 

Guest Col city fan

Christ on a bike! Is someone really suggesting Dele Alli?

He’d be exactly the type of player we shouldn’t go anywhere near.

13 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I want nacho and barnes - we have them under contract and they are the key to getting back to the pl

any money we spend is a big risk - the money we could lose on these is good value

agreed, i said straight after we were relegated, Nacho and Barnes, 2 players that gives us a good chance, i think theres little chance there'll stay though

Guest Col city fan
35 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If we sign Dele Alli I'm putting money on us to get relegated. Thankfully we won't sign Dele Alli, though I may still do the latter!

I think there’s STILL a general feeling amongst many Leicester fans that we were unlucky to go down and that we’ll be fine.

The bigger picture, however, looks to be of a club in free-fall.
Very few players seem to want to stay.

Rudkin is still DOF.

If we do choose to sell Barnes, Maddison, Daka, Nacho, Praet, Castagne…we’ll have to get any identified new targets in pretty rapidly. 
I so hope I’m wrong, but I think we look to be in a mess.

Amazingly, many bookies have us favourites to win the league.

I agree that the likes of Pereira is too good for the Championship. But the main is made of marshmallows. You cannot bank on him not playing three games and being out long term again.

Edited by Col city fan

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think there’s STILL a general feeling amongst many Leicester fans that we were unlucky to go down and that we’ll be fine.

The bigger picture, however, looks to be of a club in free-fall.
Very few players seem to want to stay.

Rudkin is still DOF.

If we do choose to sell Barnes, Maddison, Daka, Nacho, Praet, Castagne…we’ll have to get any identified new targets in pretty rapidly. 
I so hope I’m wrong, but I think we look to be in a mess.

Amazingly, many bookies have us favourites to win the league.

I agree that the likes of Pereira is too good for the Championship. But the main is made of marshmallows. You cannot bank on him not playing three games and being out long term again.

Due the fact we have a lot of players still here too good for the championship. Full internationals with top countries.

They are still Leicester players currently hence the current odds. 

There was meant to be a mass exodus last season according to Bodgers but that didn’t happen. We need to see how things transpire before jumping to conclusions. There’s gonna be a few players that we end up keeping by default of the fact they are paid handsomely and no one else can afford them / wants to pay the same 

Edited by dylanlegend

In Ligue 2 for Saint-Etienne last season...

90% pass accuracy, 81% forward pass accuracy, 81% accurate passes in final third, 86% progressive pass accuracy.

Also made the Ligue 2 Team of the Season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alanf0x said:

Update on Hamer, Coventry have offered an extension, but are 6k a week short of what he wants. We should be all over this one as a priority 

Winks, KDH, Bernabe, Hamer, Hamza as midfield options would make me a ridiculously happy fox 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

mixture of loans and permanents, this would be our absolute best case scenario for me.
CB - Coady

CB - Awe/Clark

LB - Giles 

CM - Hamer 

CM - Winks

CM - Casadei

AM - Bobb 

RW - Archer 

LW - Borges

ST - Piroe

We would have some squad! lol Intrigued to know everyone else’s best case scenario in terms of incoming transfers?

GK - Trafford (on loan)

CB - Coady

CB - Edwards

CB - Awe (loaned out)

CM - Hamer

CM - Winks

CM - Bernabe

RW - Somers

RW - Mueanta (probably loaned to Leuven)

AM/LW - Chair

LW - Borges (on loan)

ST - Piroe

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

GK - Trafford (on loan)

CB - Coady

CB - Edwards

CB - Awe (loaned out)

CM - Hamer

CM - Winks

CM - Bernabe

RW - Somers

RW - Mueanta (probably loaned to Leuven)

AM - Chair

LW - Borges (on loan)

LW - Reese

ST - Piroe

Is this Fabien Reese?

We’d be absolutely stupid if we don’t go for one of Bidstrup or Alzate if Brentford & Brighton end up letting them leave.

Two players who had very successful loan spells last season, both comfortable in possession and would give us more balance in midfield when it comes to the defensive side.

Chelsea are apparently on the verge of one of their most highly rated academy players leaving. Tudor Mendel-Idowu.

Looks a huge talent (very greedy though) and we could offer him 1st team football. Maresca and Glover, work your magic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Chelsea are apparently on the verge of one of their most highly rated academy players leaving. Tudor Mendel-Idowu.

Looks a huge talent (very greedy though) and we could offer him 1st team football. Maresca and Glover, work your magic. 

Needs to learn to pass 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

tbf thats alot like Mahrez when he first arrived, a little too greedy but over time learnt to be more a team player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf thats alot like Mahrez when he first arrived, a little too greedy but over time learnt to be more a team player

Him and Alves would keep the passing for passing sake down to a minimum but they'd also drive thr natives absolutely insane. You can coach better decision making in to technical players though, I hope we have him on our radar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

if Kel and Daka leave 

Will take a mega offer (in SPL terms) to get him out of Aberdeen. 

When he was signed from Benfica he did so on a no fee agreement with Benfica holding a 50% sell on clause for his next transfer. Worth it for Aberdeen to get a youth talent of his ability and Duk is a big part of their recent success getting back into European football and scouting on the continent (Miovski, Ramadani too).

But because of their 50% clause situation you’d need to essentially double the valuation so they get what they want. They’ll want a similar fee to Calvin Ramsay’s Liverpool transfer in their pockets so I’d say this has the potential to be an 8-figure fee. 

Could we afford it? Yes. Would Aberdeen lie down and accept it? No. Is the player a big risk? Yes - he’s a talented boy and the most exciting player I’ve seen in an Aberdeen shirt since I started watching them in the mid-2000’s but very mercurial. I’d want to see him for another season replicate his form and then he’s worth that kind of fee.

It’s widely accepted in Aberdeen that a repeat of last season for Duk means he’ll be sold next summer when he has a year left. Aberdeen CEO Alan Burrows basically said he’s going nowhere this summer and the player is happy to commit to the hard won European football project. Currently with their squad on pre-season camp in Portugal. (Family Aberdeen fans if you’re wondering where that came from 😂).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Will take a mega offer (in SPL terms) to get him out of Aberdeen. 

When he was signed from Benfica he did so on a no fee agreement with Benfica holding a 50% sell on clause for his next transfer. Worth it for Aberdeen to get a youth talent of his ability and Duk is a big part of their recent success getting back into European football and scouting on the continent (Miovski, Ramadani too).

But because of their 50% clause situation you’d need to essentially double the valuation so they get what they want. They’ll want a similar fee to Calvin Ramsay’s Liverpool transfer in their pockets so I’d say this has the potential to be an 8-figure fee. 

Could we afford it? Yes. Would Aberdeen lie down and accept it? No. Is the player a big risk? Yes - he’s a talented boy and the most exciting player I’ve seen in an Aberdeen shirt since I started watching them in the mid-2000’s but very mercurial. I’d want to see him for another season replicate his form and then he’s worth that kind of fee.

It’s widely accepted in Aberdeen that a repeat of last season for Duk means he’ll be sold next summer when he has a year left. Aberdeen CEO Alan Burrows basically said he’s going nowhere this summer and the player is happy to commit to the hard won European football project. Currently with their squad on pre-season camp in Portugal. (Family Aberdeen fans if you’re wondering where that came from 😂).

this 50% sell on clause makes it interesting, basically works in Aberdeens favour like you say as they'll if for example Duk is worth £3-5m in this market you basically have to double it which you'd be reluctant to do for a player from the Scottish league who isn't playing for Celtic / Rangers. I personally wouldn't want him for more than £5m and that's expensive so would be looking more at £2-3m with add ons personally. 

good for them if they want him to stay. a decent campaign in Europe and he'll be worth even more.

who is Aberdeens scout that's what we actually need.

Edited by lcfc sheff