Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Jacob Greaves would be my pick

If he hadn’t signed a new contract last summer, signing him may have been far easier.

Can’t see us getting him for under £10 million. 

I’ve mentioned Auston Trusty before, his possession statistics at Birmingham may not look up to much, but his stats from his time at Colorado show he’s an accomplished ball playing defender, no doubt a reason why Arsenal picked him up, plus he’s definitely available for transfer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I also think 2 of the players will come from Man City (Borges/Bobb) and possibly 1 from Chelsea so we might be having to wait to get that agreed anyway.

I bloody hope you are right Ric.

3 hours ago, Simonb said:

Hopefully the keeper situation is sorted early in the week with Maresca either bringing in Steffen/Trafford or publicly backing Iversen.

Then he can look at bringing in at least 3 attacking players, another cb, maybe 2 if we can move on faes, and a centre forward.

Wouldn't mind us getting in a proper bullish dm too and get rid of ndidi n soumare. 

Give me Mohammed Kaba from Valenciennes

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Jacob Greaves would be my pick

Ain’t he 6 ft 3? Him and Souttar would make us dangerous from set pieces.

• Like 1

Barcelona are once again in the shit and need to move players on. Alex Collado would be an incredible signing, they've messed him about significantly and possibly stunted his career. He needs a move to the East Midlands.

Failing that, a wild punt on a free for Ilias Akhomach

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

@Ric Flair Bob is a great shout. He can play on the right and centrally can’t he? Spoken about in the same light as Palmer! 

Yes he can and the fact he's not yet been on loan, nor been that close to the 1st team like Palmer and a few others have, he's got to be a realistic target. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Barcelona are once again in the shit and need to move players on. Alex Collado would be an incredible signing, they've messed him about significantly and possibly stunted his career. He needs a move to the East Midlands.

Failing that, a wild punt on a free for Ilias Akhomach

Great shout mate 

Some wildcard free transfers available this summer

Matias Rojas - versatile attacking midfielder who did well in the Copa Libertadores.

Manuel Lanzini

Roberto Pereyra - 14 goal involvements in Serie A last season

Jean Pyrre - another South American talent who was hyped up hugely a few years ago. Tielemans type creative midfielder.

Franco Vasquez - Maresca took him to Parma with him and previously was with him at Sevilla. Still scoring and assisting a lot in Serie B

Arnau Tenas - Spain U21 keeper, considering quitting Barcelona even though they've offered him a new deal

On 03/07/2023 at 12:08, Ric Flair said:

Bugger, did wonder where he'd end up.

Would have been amazed if he didn't end up at a top half La Liga club.

Massive reputation in Spain as a big up and coming star. Might still turn out to be shit but until proven the other Spanish clubs were always going to take a punt.

Bit like Munir.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Would have been amazed if he didn't end up at a top half La Liga club.

Massive reputation in Spain as a big up and coming star. Might still turn out to be shit but until proven the other Spanish clubs were always going to take a punt.

Yeah, it's not surprised me. I just hoped that the links Maresca and the analyst he's brought in who's been at Barca and Atletico B teams / youth teams might give us more of a focus on such talents.

That U21 keeper for example who is considering quitting and is available on a free.

18 hours ago, Stopharage said:

I’d like us to sign Alfredo Morelos. For the sole reason having him and Vardy up front would rile pretty much every opposition fan and player. Shithouse FC up front. 

Morelos is overrated, hed struggle in our league. Plus he'd be suspended for most the campaign. This is probably why no english has gone for him.

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Morelos is overrated, hed struggle in our league. Plus he'd be suspended for most the campaign. This is probably why no english has gone for him.

I'm with you. Hr's been dreadful for a few years now and the fact no-one is in for him, apart from Qarabag, speaks volumes. 

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Cole Palmer is probably a stretch at this point, but great for England tonight

Absolutely. He's quality. Yet some posters earlier were saying he needs to drop down to lower championship/ league one level to hone their game.

Would be a great acquisition for any top championship team or mid table and lower prem team