Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

7 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Anyone think Alves could step up and do a job in the Barnes/Maddison positions? With the caveat that he makes a full recovery of course. If we’d have stayed up there’s a chance he might have been loaned out to a Championship club anyway, though  Rodgers was even ready to give him a run in the first team before the injury. 
If he was a Man City academy player people would be saying he’d be an exciting prospect we should buy!

Especially as he's injured :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we don't go for him, I can only presume we aren't interested in playing any form of wingers. Will be wing backs and central attacking midfielders. Which limites flexibility in changing systems too.

Can only conclude we used about 10 years of winger luck on Mahrez. Only explanation.

Iversen

Coady    Souttar  Doyle

Ricardo                                       JJ

KDH        Winks

Piroe                          Chair

Daka

This would get me excited!  

6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Hahahaha no chance.

Quite possibly, the options for him in the PL seem to have shrunk. I personally don't think he's yet worth the £25m Bristol City have quoted Brighton and Wolves, it's a big risk and they seem to have walked away.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've a feeling we're going to bid £20m for Alex Scott this week.

Jheeeee. Do you know something ? I can’t see it myself tbf but wouldn’t it be lovely 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would he be a Maddison replacement as ACM or is he more of a CM? 

I think we are prepared to spend as we have shown already.

Would be a long term investment.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get why some might believe this to be an unlikely scenario, but we need to consider that he's still only 19. If he were to transfer to a top six Premier League team, he'd most likely play a bit part role, which could potentially himder his growth as a player. Even if he were to join a mid-tier team, there's no guarantee that they would regularly field a 19-year-old with relatively limited experience.

Despite wearing blue tinted specs, I truly wonder if there's a better option for him than us. With the squad we're assembling, there's a strong likelihood of us earning a promotion (fingers crossed), which would provide him with another year in a high-performance environment before making a major leap to regularly playing in the Premier League next year

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Would he be a Maddison replacement as ACM or is he more of a CM? 

I think we are prepared to spend as we have shown already.

Would be a long term investment.

I think eventually he'll be an attacking midfielder but for now his end product is unpolished and he's slotted in in various roles.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Also i read on twitter, touch of salt and all but seems like he is a lad that knows he needs to be starting at his age.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Also i read on twitter, touch of salt and all but seems like he is a lad that knows he needs to be starting at his age.

This lad getting total pelters for his tweet, pinch of salt it seems

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he's ready for the PL yet and Prem clubs aren't queuing up to pay £20-25m to loan him back out.

It is unlikely but yes I did drink very heavily last night.

im with you tho, whack in a £22mil offer and see what happens, its alot to lay out for a championship player and going to another championship club, but as you said, hes 19yr and hes just what we need

i thought youd drunk a bit again, relegation then Harry Winks certainly have done a number on you

Alex Scott

Callum Doyle

James McAtee

Joel Piroe

Steffen

Squad

GK: Steffen, Iversen, Smithies

FB: Justin, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Faes

CB: Coady, Faes, Souttar, Doyle, Nelson

CM: Scott, Ndidi, Winks, KDH, Braybrooke

Wingers: McAtee, Albrighton, Alves, Maswasinhe, Madivadua

Strikers: Vardy, Daka, Piroe

Still to go: Barnes, Iheanacho, Ward, Castagne, Praet

21 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Alex Scott

Callum Doyle

James McAtee

Joel Piroe

Steffen

Squad

GK: Steffen, Iversen, Smithies

FB: Justin, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Faes

CB: Coady, Faes, Souttar, Doyle, Nelson

CM: Scott, Ndidi, Winks, KDH, Braybrooke

Wingers: McAtee, Albrighton, Alves, Maswasinhe, Madivadua

Strikers: Vardy, Daka, Piroe

Still to go: Barnes, Iheanacho, Ward, Castagne, Praet

That list, if even realistic that they would come, would be very expensive so we won’t be spending that much even if you could make an individual case for any of those players to come. 

If Iverson is not first choice, he needs to go and bring some income towards his replacement. He’s not a second choice keeper at Championship level and as others have said, if he doesn’t fit the style that Enzo wants, get rid. 

Ndidi would also be at the top of the sell list for me. We can’t have him around the squad again. 

And I assume the Faes at full back (as opposed to the one at centre back) is actually Thomas?