Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

5 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Alex Scott

Callum Doyle

James McAtee

Joel Piroe

Steffen

Squad

GK: Steffen, Iversen, Smithies

FB: Justin, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Faes

CB: Coady, Faes, Souttar, Doyle, Nelson

CM: Scott, Ndidi, Winks, KDH, Braybrooke

Wingers: McAtee, Albrighton, Alves, Maswasinhe, Madivadua

Strikers: Vardy, Daka, Piroe

Still to go: Barnes, Iheanacho, Ward, Castagne, Praet

Would need at least 2 more wingers in that squad. Missed Soumare and Thomas from the squad. Faes isn’t a fullback.

For me we need:

- 1 goalkeeper

- 1 centre back (maybe 2 if Faes leaves)

- Potentially 1 LB (dependent on formation)

- 2/3 centre mids.

- 3/4 wingers (dependent on formation)

- 1 Striker 

Could see anywhere from 9 - 13 new signings still depending on departures.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why do people think we need wingers? Will we playing with them?

Even if we play 3 at the back, it would be a risk not to have the squad flexibility to play 4-3-3 / 3-4-3 with no attacking wide players.

I suspect the creative ACMs that we need at least 3 of could be the types who can play out wide or centrally.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if we play 3 at the back, it would be a risk not to have the squad flexibility to play 4-3-3 / 3-4-3 with no attacking wide players.

I suspect the creative ACMs that we need at least 3 of could be the types who can play out wide or centrally.

Fair enough, if we really have none we can promote then I suppose another would allow for flexibility - it’s a poor show if we cannot promote even now we are in Championship though 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough, if we really have none we can promote then I suppose another would allow for flexibility - it’s a poor show if we cannot promote even now we are in Championship though 

Maswanhise just doesn't seem physically strong enough IMO but maybe he'd surprise if he was given a chance. Still looks about 14 years old.

Wanya Marca is better as a box to box midfielder than a winger IMO.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maswanhise just doesn't seem physically strong enough IMO but maybe he'd surprise if he was given a chance. Still looks about 14 years old.

Maybe we just aren’t brave enough to threw them into serious games?

I think we will see some more movement in the next few weeks. Deals will be worked on, but I think Enzo will be keen to see what some of the late arrivals looks like in his set up before making decisions. 

Financially we will want as many of the big earners gone, but in the same breath if Enzo thinks a Soumare for example can offer something, and he gets a tune out of him the club will likely take a risk. 

The next week or so is important for that, the likelihood is that the likes of N’didi, Soumare, Kelch and Barnes will all leave, but not without Enzo taking a look at them first. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think we will see some more movement in the next few weeks. Deals will be worked on, but I think Enzo will be keen to see what some of the late arrivals looks like in his set up before making decisions. 

Financially we will want as many of the big earners gone, but in the same breath if Enzo thinks a Soumare for example can offer something, and he gets a tune out of him the club will likely take a risk. 

The next week or so is important for that, the likelihood is that the likes of N’didi, Soumare, Kelch and Barnes will all leave, but not without Enzo taking a look at them first. 

Quite agree, and with Maddison gone and Barnes almost certain to leave (Allegedly) the financial situation has surely improved? So you would fully expect Enzo to check the late brigade before sanctioning further departures.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Gimmeeeeeeeeeee. 

Would be amazing but I doubt he is coming here, the likes of Dortmund are linked as are a few prem clubs.

We are going to need probably 4 new wingers if we sell Barnes? A lot of business to do in an increasingly small amount of time…

Maxim De Cupyer (Club Brugge was on loan at K.V.C. Westerlo) - Stats comparison if we lose any of these in the future player worth looking at for project but believe our current LB’s should be fine but one to keep an eye on 8 goals 6 assists in 33 matches

4BBBC291-CA4C-40ED-B5A3-3E2C5088C89A.png

569CB1FB-7FB2-457D-914F-64EE00C84D8E.png

E1C30140-0FBD-405D-A3B7-7D55E4A32DF7.jpeg

Edited by Future Fox

36 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Would be amazing but I doubt he is coming here, the likes of Dortmund are linked as are a few prem clubs.

We are going to need probably 4 new wingers if we sell Barnes? A lot of business to do in an increasingly small amount of time…

Maybe we changed the Doyle deal to a loan to free up funds for Borges 👀

On 08/07/2023 at 21:13, Ric Flair said:

Clueless!! 😂🙄🙄