Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

If our intention is to go with two 8’s, then we desperately need a creative player.

I mentioned his name in the Maresca tactics thread...

Adem Zorgane is a must. 

Has similar creation stats to Tielemans, puts in work on the defensive end and could potentially play as a ‘6’ too. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If our intention is to go with two 8’s, then we desperately need a creative player.

I mentioned his name in the Maresca tactics thread...

Adem Zorgane is a must. 

Has similar creation stats to Tielemans, puts in work on the defensive end and could potentially play as a ‘6’ too. 

The role is so perfect for Hamer from Cov but he seems to be getting Prem buzz now so seems unlikely.

Zorgane is also a good shout. still young, will be on good wages and won’t be expecting to be a starting name each week.

Realistically I believe we will sign 2, with my prediction it being Tom Cairney and Ilias Chair.

30 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Bradley Dack still available on a free.

A bit injury prone though… proven at this level. 

2 out of the last 4 seasons missed with Cruciate ligament damage injuries.

last season 4 goals one assist, suggest he probably isn’t the same player or the 15 goal season and 7 assists 5 years ago was a outlier 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

2 out of the last 4 seasons missed with Cruciate ligament damage injuries.

last season 4 goals one assist, suggest he probably isn’t the same player or the 15 goal season and 7 assists 5 years ago was a outlier 

Loves the lifestyle as well. We’re from the same town and age range and that’s enough for me to say no ta :) 

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Manuel Lanzini on a free anyone?

Still only 30, loved by WHU fans, and thought of as criminally underused by Moyes.

Could big Willy, his compatriot, sell him the dream?

Could he be one of the creative midfielders we're looking for?

Way too old for the @Ric Flair  creche squad building directive

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Absolutely nothing to suggest it is us, but I’d love him here. Favourite player last season down at parken. Can play a few different positions.

C26CA512-270F-4CCF-832C-05C5AFFB6017.jpeg

FCK value him at 15 odd. Don't see us having that kinda cash. 

Only way I see us spending thaat is if Iheanacho and Barnes go and we do move for Piroe. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

FCK value him at 15 odd. Don't see us having that kinda cash. 

Only way I see us spending thaat is if Iheanacho and Barnes go and we do move for Piroe. 

36 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That Icelandic midfielder is going to Lille:

https://euro.dayfr.com/sports/515716.html

Will be interesting to see how much they pay for him given Kristiansen was a record Danish Superliga sale. 

Looks a good move for him tbh, would think it would be similar sort of fee, around £12m

• Like 1

I wonder how many signings will be permanent or loans. Personally I can see us using all 5 loans this season, realistically we need/want:

1 goalkeeper (Steffen on loan) 

1 centre back if Faes stays. (Doyle on loan)

2 centre mids if Soumare stays (1 loan, 1 perm)

3 wingers (2 loan, 1 perm)

1 striker if one leaves (1 perm)

Would mean that finances are only needed for 3 more permanent transfers.

3 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Looks a good move for him tbh, would think it would be similar sort of fee, around £12m

I'm not too familiar with him so can't comment. The one player I think we all know about from FCK is Roony Bardghji who is a perennial FM wonderkid, and I wonder how much he will go for when he is eventually sold?

Wonderkids I always find quite interesting because they are fairly well known and often times never amount to anything, but other times out of almost nowhere a bidding war kicks off and they are the hottest thing in football. Arda Guller who just signed for Real Madrid being the latest example. In his case I think it's because since the start of the year his stats went through the roof as he broke into the first team and given his age he was appearing as an outlier in player analysis models. But it could just be a hot streak and not necessarily making him a world beater, and yet it's the very biggest teams of all trying to sign him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm not too familiar with him so can't comment. The one player I think we all know about from FCK is Roony Bardghji who is a perennial FM wonderkid, and I wonder how much he will go for when he is eventually sold?

Wonderkids I always find quite interesting because they are fairly well known and often times never amount to anything, but other times out of almost nowhere a bidding war kicks off and they are the hottest thing in football. Arda Guller who just signed for Real Madrid being the latest example. In his case I think it's because since the start of the year his stats went through the roof as he broke into the first team and given his age he was appearing as an outlier in player analysis models. But it could just be a hot streak and not necessarily making him a world beater, and yet it's the very biggest teams of all trying to sign him.

I’ve not been to quite as many games this season, so only seen him a handful of times, mainly off the bench. He’s clearly a talented player but I think he’s a few years off just yet, decision making is often a bit suspect and he obviously isn’t quite physical enough yet.

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Is this another word for blossoming? Im intrigued 

2 minutes ago, LeamingtonFox93 said:

Is this another word for blossoming? Im intrigued 

It is a gardening term ha ha! It's for flowers that consistently bloom every year. Football Manager comes out every year, and every year, Bardhji is a wonderkid, hence he's a perennial wonderkid!

I'm going to run now because the FoxesTalk language Police are going to find this explanation and tell me how wrong I am!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It is a gardening term ha ha! It's for flowers that consistently bloom every year. Football Manager comes out every year, and every year, Bardhji is a wonderkid, hence he's a perennial wonderkid!

I'm going to run now because the FoxesTalk language Police are going to find this explanation and tell me how wrong I am!

I like it! Learn something new everyday and all that!

• Haha 1

Honestly not someone I know much about in recent years and I know injurys held them back but as a squad option... I do wonder if Bradley Dack for free would be a good option.  

We wont be able to fill the team with stars and someone like dack as part of a rotation will get you a few goals.  

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly not someone I know much about in recent years and I know injurys held them back but as a squad option... I do wonder if Bradley Dack for free would be a good option.  

We wont be able to fill the team with stars and someone like dack as part of a rotation will get you a few goals.  

Would genuinely rather Tom Cairney. But the cheapest (in wages) and possibly most progressive signing would be Kwame Poku from Peterborough. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

No problem with loans as long as we go up, how many are we actually allowed?

I think I seen we can sign up to 4 loans in 1 season and you can’t loan more then 2 from the Same club 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would genuinely rather Tom Cairney. But the cheapest (in wages) and possibly most progressive signing would be Kwame Poku from Peterborough. 

Maybe that's why we had a behind-closed-doors friendly with them: To get a closer look, and get him to see Seagrave 👀

• Like 2