Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Maybe that's why we had a behind-closed-doors friendly with them: To get a closer look, and get him to see Seagrave 👀

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Really hope so

Then he saw how much work Maresca has to do and realised he should stay away lol

17 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Manuel Lanzini on a free anyone?

Still only 30, loved by WHU fans, and thought of as criminally underused by Moyes.

Could big Willy, his compatriot, sell him the dream?

Could he be one of the creative midfielders we're looking for?

Will have worked with Maresca before as well. Not a bad shout to be honest on a free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm going to get absolutely raging pelters for this. 

But if he's cancelling his contract, available on a free transfer and the best offer he had going really is Celtic... 

... I'd consider offering a contract for Tete. :ph34r:

Genuinely think with decent coaching he'd be an asset in the Championship. Assumed he wouldn't be interested but if he's consider Celtic then eh. 

Rodgers was a bigger issue to his ‘failure’ here than Leicester as a club so can’t see why he’d go to Celtic. Agree with the shout though!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We should be all over Zian Flemming at Millwall, great attacking midfielder, wouldn't cost the earth either £4-5m.

It's a good shout but they paid £3m for him did they not? They'd want at least £10m, it's not easy to get young Championship players with a few years left on their deal on the cheap. He was arguably the standout attacking midfielder in the league last season. 

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a good shout but they paid £3m for him did they not? They'd want at least £10m, it's not easy to get young Championship players with a few years left on their deal on the cheap. He was arguably the standout attacking midfielder in the league last season. 

Signed him for £1.7m you are probably right re 10m figure but I think it’s worth it personally could easily score that many goals: 14 and assist more in a better team no disrespect to Millwall. If we are serious about being a stable premier league team again he’s the type of player we need alongside Piroe.

• Like 1

Based off today’s game I feel better with the squad than prior to today. Some clear needs still with at least one more No.8 and a couple of wingers definitely needed. Vesty looked good today which surprised me and Faes looked uninterested.

would be happy with something like this based off today’s formation and style. Obviously if anyone leaves they’ll need replacing.

GK - Hermansen, Stolarczyk, Smithies

LB - Doyle, Kristensen

CB - Coady, Souttar, Vesty, Nelson

RB - JJ, Ricardo

DLP - Winks, Hamza, Braybrooke

LCM - KDH, McAteer 

RCM - Praet, New No.8

LW - 2 needed 

RW - 1 needed, Albrighton

ST - Vards, Kel, Daka 

Faes can do one as far as I’m concerned looked uninterested & sadly I just don’t see where Thomas will fit in with the introduction of Doyle, a loan move may best all around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Isn't Doyle a lcb not a lb?  Forgive me if I'm wrong? Just don't get how he affects Thomas if so?

Believe so, but as Luke ain’t back yet and Doyle is the other most suitable, he got 45 minutes at LB is my guess

• Like 1

With Hermansen coming in and my continued addiction with Scandinavian leagues.

Would Ernest Nuamah be slightly unrealistic 🤔 Can play anywhere across the front line, would be an excellent replacement for Barnes. Nordsjaelland sold Schjelderup for £9 million, Nuamah could probably be available for slightly less or similar.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kingfox said:

With Hermansen coming in and my continued addiction with Scandinavian leagues.

Would Ernest Nuamah be slightly unrealistic 🤔 Can play anywhere across the front line, would be an excellent replacement for Barnes. Nordsjaelland sold Schjelderup for £9 million, Nuamah could probably be available for slightly less or similar.

...he looks a very exciting player!!!

A tendency to hold on to the ball too much, likes to transition the play himself and fails to utilise the players supporting him. He however has great dribbling skills, pace and can finish.

We need players such as this in or team, just for the entertainment value alone. Having taken in the game yesterday,  one thing I  noticed was how we lacked creativity and something to light up the game.With him on the Right and Borges on the Left we have a pair of wingers who can play on the counter, as well as adapt to the style Maresca is looking to implement. 

Transfer Market has him at 6m Euros, even it it is 10m, we ought to be looking to be investing in this player. Every other team does, it is only us that seems unable to spot a good wide player.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Hermansen looks done.

Casadei sounds likely.

With the links we've had I can see us bringing in Chair, Piroe, Mavididi and Rak-Sakyi in and shipping out Faes, Castagne, Ndidi, Soumare, Barnes and Kelechi and being left with a really strong squad.