Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

9 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Yes, but 2 out of 4 of those players were not highly rated even before their transfers, hence why they were misplaced. Southampton picking the bad apples from man city's youth team and them failing to impress doesnt mean we should avoid the ones that are highly rated.

No, ok, I'm with you on that. But I'm saying that the highly rated ones are quite probably out of our reach and so there's slim pickings for the rest of which you need to be pretty astute and know which ones are probably being undervalued by everyone else. We've been linked to Doyle, Trafford, Borges and more recently Palmer. 2 of those have gone or are going to Premier League clubs so really, we weren't in the reckoning. One of them is probably staying at Man Citeh or going on loan at worst to another Prem side. So of the 4 we've been linked with, 3 were out of reach and we got the other. So now there's Bobb, who again might stay in Manchester and is therefore out of reach. After these highly rated talents, there's no standouts that are as assured as many presume these names to be.

(Some) People seem to be genuinely moaning that we didn't basically hoover up the cream of Man Citys crop as though just because we have Maresca we're now head of the queue and our current status isn't relevant.

59 minutes ago, JimJams said:

No, ok, I'm with you on that. But I'm saying that the highly rated ones are quite probably out of our reach and so there's slim pickings for the rest of which you need to be pretty astute and know which ones are probably being undervalued by everyone else. We've been linked to Doyle, Trafford, Borges and more recently Palmer. 2 of those have gone or are going to Premier League clubs so really, we weren't in the reckoning. One of them is probably staying at Man Citeh or going on loan at worst to another Prem side. So of the 4 we've been linked with, 3 were out of reach and we got the other. So now there's Bobb, who again might stay in Manchester and is therefore out of reach. After these highly rated talents, there's no standouts that are as assured as many presume these names to be.

(Some) People seem to be genuinely moaning that we didn't basically hoover up the cream of Man Citys crop as though just because we have Maresca we're now head of the queue and our current status isn't relevant.

That's fair, there's probably a decent chance that the likes of Oscar bobb and mebude wouldnt even want to come here on a permanent.

If the club suspects that might be the case and want to look elsewhere because of that then it's reasonable. Though it doesnt seem to be stopping us from pushing to get cesare casadei even though he doesnt want to come here, so i have a feeling that the club is not being so sensible.

14 minutes ago, Turtle27 said:

Surprised we’ve not looked at Hamer from Coventry, not signed a new contract, would be available and proven Championship playmaker.

Being linked to Premier League moves. 

Also not a lot of incentive for Coventry to sell him to us before the first game anyway. 

13 hours ago, Turtle27 said:

Surprised we’ve not looked at Hamer from Coventry, not signed a new contract, would be available and proven Championship playmaker.

We enquired weeks ago but Chaventry’s demands were way too much.

Now they’ve sold Gykores for an inflated price they can afford to hold onto Hamer even if that risks losing him on a free or later in the window. 

13 hours ago, Turtle27 said:

please dont start with this again, hes been linked with Burnley, hes going to the prem

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I’m so bored right now! No rumours surely sommit todag other then Mavididi ? League starts in 2 weeks and we have no proper wingers. 

I've heard that everyone is happy, and the squad now stays as it is. No more incomings and no more out goings. Absolutely nothing going on behind the scenes now, and all recruitment staff have been sent on holiday. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I've heard that everyone is happy, and the squad now stays as it is. No more incomings and no more out goings. Absolutely nothing going on behind the scenes now, and all recruitment staff have been sent on holiday. 

Yep, the club have been great and have generously flown the whole recruitment team out for a cheeky week away in Rhodes

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

You joke but it wouldn’t suprise you how our board is atm.

• Haha 1