Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the amount of times he has been written off and still comes back to being a go to player!!!

He constantly seem to have to prove himself to new managers, he looked good in the game that I saw, understood his role and was very purposeful. 

Can you not see he’s been in a decline the last two years? 

Considering we are a week away from new season I'd have thought we'd have been linked to someone new.

I'm not expecting players to come in every day but apart from Mavididi it's extremely quiet on the incomings front. Even a trip to Thailand aside there's been no links at all.

I think after Mavididi I Can't see lots of incomings until we get rid of some and even on the exit front  it's all very very quiet. You think there would be an exit for iversen but yet again no one linked.

• Like 1

Sambi Lokonga available from Arsenal. I know he's not particularly exciting, but he'd be one of the better players in the championship. Would he come to us on loan for the season on the proviso that if we got promoted he'd sign with us permanently? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Considering we are a week away from new season I'd have thought we'd have been linked to someone new.

I'm not expecting players to come in every day but apart from Mavididi it's extremely quiet on the incomings front. Even a trip to Thailand aside there's been no links at all.

I think after Mavididi I Can't see lots of incomings until we get rid of some and even on the exit front  it's all very very quiet. You think there would be an exit for iversen but yet again no one linked.

I agree completely mate. We’re still so light up top/in the creativity area. 

I think a lot of what we’re waiting for is if Casadei/Diallo are going to be included in their teams plans, and if not then obvs we’ll move for them, however I did think we would’ve seen more movement this close to the start of the season.

Get Ilias Chair in at least, he should’ve been one of the first players we signed imo. Cracking player who would flourish here, and I think it would be a relatively easy deal to complete.

5 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

It’s gonna be deadline day madness mate, will be the most interesting one we’ve had in a while. Think we’re holding the money back just a little 

He’s another one that realistically came into a shit situation and can’t be judged solely on that.

Given our shortage in those positions, I would mind seeing if he could look more like the player he did for the first couple of games in the Championship, under Maresca.

Unlikely though, would imagine that ship has sailed.

• Like 2

I wonder where Garnacho fits this season

across the left wing, right wing and central attacking positions they have: 

Sancho 

Antony 

Martial 

Fernandes 

Eriksen 

Mount 

Greenwood could return

Pellistri

Could be worth going in for Garnacho on a season long loan if he’s not going to feature heavily, Elanga has already had to move to Forest to get game time.

23 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I wonder where Garnacho fits this season

across the left wing, right wing and central attacking positions they have: 

Sancho 

Antony 

Martial 

Fernandes 

Eriksen 

Mount 

Greenwood could return

Pellistri

Could be worth going in for Garnacho on a season long loan if he’s not going to feature heavily, Elanga has already had to move to Forest to get game time.

Pellistri is definitely more likely

Seems a great prospect but needs gametime

• Like 1

I don't know any of these players in this thread but I have a funny feeling , based on nothing at all,, that they're all rubbish.  

I approve of Coady and WInks for experience and leadership which is exactly what our bunch of milksops are lacking.  Now we need creativity and goals.  I think, now that we have the pulling power of being a big fish in a small pond, that we should target the best young players already in the Championship.  Who are these players?  Dunno.  I haven't deigned to even glance at The Championship for nearly ten years,  I can't do everything for you.

Carry on.

Not that they are my first choices of who I want..I'm surprised the club haven't looked at players who got released from the prem last season. A few about who could help with the squad for the championship.

Tuanzebe, Davies, Troare, Lanzini for example.

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't know any of these players in this thread but I have a funny feeling , based on nothing at all,, that they're all rubbish.  

I approve of Coady and WInks for experience and leadership which is exactly what our bunch of milksops are lacking.  Now we need creativity and goals.  I think, now that we have the pulling power of being a big fish in a small pond, that we should target the best young players already in the Championship.  Who are these players?  Dunno.  I haven't deigned to even glance at The Championship for nearly ten years,  I can't do everything for you.

Carry on.

I think the only issue really is that the best young players in the championship are often massively overpriced compared to young premier league players at big teams who can’t get game time. 
Callum Hudson Odoi is about to move to Fulham for less than 10m whilst Bristol City want 25m for Alex Scott. 

CHO has done far more at a higher level, I think often teams like Chelsea/United/City have so many of these young players they swoop up they often just want to get them off the books if they aren’t able to immediately step into the first team, whereas teams in the championship have to fight tooth and nail for every single Penny as their clubs rely on it. 

plenty of quality in this division but you often have to fork out! 

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think the only issue really is that the best young players in the championship are often massively overpriced compared to young premier league players at big teams who can’t get game time. 
Callum Hudson Odoi is about to move to Fulham for less than 10m whilst Bristol City want 25m for Alex Scott. 

CHO has done far more at a higher level, I think often teams like Chelsea/United/City have so many of these young players they swoop up they often just want to get them off the books if they aren’t able to immediately step into the first team, whereas teams in the championship have to fight tooth and nail for every single Penny as their clubs rely on it. 

plenty of quality in this division but you often have to fork out! 

To a degree this premise is correct but not sure if the example you give is a good one.

I would suggest that Hudson-Odoi has pretty much done nothing at the top level, but what he probably has done is demonstrate the ceiling that his talent will allow him to reach, say bottom half prem.  

Scott however is 3 years younger and his ceiling is as yet unknown. You'll be paying a premium for this and that's part of the, what I suppose you could call risk, attached to a much higher fee.

The kid could turn out to be a generational talent or he could turn out to be say a Hudson-Odoi, just another meh sort of player.

However the key is at this point we just don't know.

Oh the excitement of the unknown.