Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

32 minutes ago, frany104 said:

How we’ve not signed anybody on a free is beyond me. Quality players available and we’re still without any attacking signings. 

Wr seldom do, I don't know if we have some misplaced belief that free transfers incur unethically high agents fees that we take a stand against it, but we manage to overpay for players repeatedly and end up having to release players on free transfers a lot ourselves. 

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

How we’ve not signed anybody on a free is beyond me. Quality players available and we’re still without any attacking signings. 

Completely agree. But even more bemusing is how we've sold/lost our three most creative players and not signed one yet.. albeit this madividi lad due but unproven at any proper level.

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

Gustavo Hamer still at Coventry and still hasn't signed a new deal.

Adam Wharton or George Hall would be interesting signings too. Both at clubs who need funds, both future PL stars for sure.

4 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Gustavo Hamer still at Coventry and still hasn't signed a new deal.

can we please stop with the Hamer stuff on here, if we was still in the prem, then of course, but we arent so imo its a no go, also linked with Burnley

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Adam Wharton or George Hall would be interesting signings too. Both at clubs who need funds, both future PL stars for sure.

we was linked with George Hall tbf, certainly one i think we should go for, and Wharton would be another, 

7 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Just saying we should go for him tbf.. Not that we will.

...just great to see a player who knows how to head the ball, it is something that I do not believe is coached to any degree now!!!

Most players just look for the ball to meet their heads as opposed to their heads moving to the ball. The tendency is to put a header to the nearest area to where they are standing as opposed to the direction where the cross came from.

He looks strong and technically good on the ball, but tends to let himself down trying to put pace on his shot, whereas you can see less pace and placement serve him much better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I'll look down the back of the sofa for some extra cash

His annual salary at Gala was €1.9m a year. Not an issue for us even at this level. It’s about what we pay Smithies…

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/09/09/juan-mata-signs-for-galatasaray-on-one-year-deal/amp/

Edited by FoxesWalk

It feels like our moves are being blocked by people not wanting to move again…. even relegation couldn’t flush this lot out. 

Everyone is just too darn comfy. Some of the names we will have on the bench in the second tier would be mind blowing a few years ago. 

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It feels like our moves are being blocked by people not wanting to move again…. even relegation couldn’t flush this lot out. 

Everyone is just too darn comfy. Some of the names we will have on the bench in the second tier would be mind blowing a few years ago. 

If I couldn't get equal or more pay to go somewhere else I'd also be prepared to move and uproot my family for I'd do exactly the same! I suspect a good percentage of the people whining out of frustration on here, if they really thought about it would do exactly the same too. It's the clubs fault in most cases because of the deals they gave out cheaply. 

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If I couldn't get equal or more pay to go somewhere else I'd also be prepared to move and uproot my family for I'd do exactly the same! I suspect a good percentage of the people whining out of frustration on here, if they really thought about it would do exactly the same too. It's the clubs fault in most cases because of the deals they gave out cheaply. 

it’s not the players at question here… it’s the absolutely awful business the club have done. 

if they are still not able to get somewhere to match their pay with relegation reductions.. what does that say about just how much we overpaid them to begin with 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1