Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

I would personally be happy to fill the rest of our needs with loans now to be honest. Leave some money in the kitty for next year if this year doesn’t go to plan.

Rak-Sakyi (Loan)

Cole Palmer (Loan)

Casadei/Bobb (Loan)

In terms of incomings and balancing the squad with these 3 we will be set, maybe an attacking left back if that’s something Enzo wants. Other than that you just have to replace anyone that leaves to keep the balance right.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’d much prefer a permanent signing, we need a few more players coming in who we know potentially will be here. I’d love Palmer on loan but as long as another midfielder comes in on a permanent deal. 

I'm with you. It's pretty depressing so far and we've made good signings but not in the mould that gets me excited about a complete reset. I want to see at least 2/3 young guys brought in permanently and another 1/2 on loan with an option to buy. You can afford to take more risks at this level and give players (and the manager more time). If we don't do that, then it's just reaffirming the misery of last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I'm with you. It's pretty depressing so far and we've made good signings but not in the mould that gets me excited about a complete reset. I want to see at least 2/3 young guys brought in permanently and another 1/2 on loan with an option to buy. You can afford to take more risks at this level and give players (and the manager more time). If we don't do that, then it's just reaffirming the misery of last year.

Two ways to look at it and all depends on how confident you are of an instant return. If you get promoted with loans then you leave yourself more money to spend on premier league quality and also allow yourself to stretch the budget across more than one season. 

The second option being what you have stated.

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Two ways to look at it and all depends on how confident you are of an instant return. If you get promoted with loans then you leave yourself more money to spend on premier league quality and also allow yourself to stretch the budget across more than one season. 

The second option being what you have stated.

True. I guess you're just putting the emphasis on needed to then get every signing spot on, likely having to spend more on those players. Plus you have to replace the loan signings most likely so you go from maybe needing 3/4, to 7/8. 

I do think we're in a unique position in that we have plenty of PL quality players (despite last year) and have a lot more money to spend/recoup than any other relegated team in the past, despite what some people would say. I think loans without an option to buy are fair if they're absolute quality at this level (Palmer), otherwise why not spend a few million on your own young player to develop, who is then good enough to step up and make money on down the line, or at worst, get that money back.

Was pretty enthusiastic when Maresca got the job and spoke about his plans, but now I'm really not excited about the season at all (and I'm very much glass half full!) Hopefully the next month of business completely changes that dynamic and he gets backed in the way he wants.

• Like 1

Versatile, should be coming into his prime. Can play on the wing or fullback on the right. When Castange goes cover in those areas would be useful. As long as his wage demands are reasonable, why not.

11 minutes ago, fkas said:

Versatile, should be coming into his prime. Can play on the wing or fullback on the right. When Castange goes cover in those areas would be useful. As long as his wage demands are reasonable, why not.

Being shit in numerous positions doesn't equate to versatility

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If we can move on vesty, and maybe faes too and bring in Edwards that would finish the defense off nicely

Hopefully rak-saki can push on from reasonable figures last season, yes it was a lower league, but he should have a lot more space with us if the formation works out.

Casedei would be fantastic.

After that, if we can bring in a versatile AM/winger before the end of August for rotation that'd be great, no idea who though

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Being shit in numerous positions doesn't equate to versatility

Disagree, this is the definition of versatile

able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities.

So adapting to being shit in many different functions (or positions) technically is versatile :ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Simonb said:

If we can move on vesty, and maybe faes too and bring in Edwards that would finish the defense off nicely

Hopefully rak-saki can push on from reasonable figures last season, yes it was a lower league, but he should have a lot more space with us if the formation works out.

Casedei would be fantastic.

After that, if we can bring in a versatile AM/winger before the end of August for rotation that'd be great, no idea who though

Such an obvious signing. Young, high ceiling, chance to bed him in in the Championship. Local move for him, Peterborough in trouble so wouldn’t be too expensive and wouldn’t command high wages.

Yet no noises at all. Seemingly we would still rather go down the big names/big wages route :dunno: