Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Disagree, this is the definition of versatile

able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities.

So adapting to being shit in many different functions (or positions) technically is versatile :ph34r:

You've persuaded me! Gerrimin!

• Haha 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

You've persuaded me! Gerrimin!

Steady on! I was just talking about the word versatile!

But no, absolutely not. As you rightfully point out, there is a difference between a player who can be genuinely strong across positions, even like a Ricardo or JJ or an attacking midfielder who can play across the front line. AMN has never nailed down a position and is generally average at best. Reminds me a bit of a more attacking version of Amartey in that sense.

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Steady on! I was just talking about the word versatile!

But no, absolutely not. As you rightfully point out, there is a difference between a player who can be genuinely strong across positions, even like a Ricardo or JJ or an attacking midfielder who can play across the front line. AMN has never nailed down a position and is generally average at best. Reminds me a bit of a more attacking version of Amartey in that sense.

Exactly. And I think I've heard that he primarily wants to be a centre mid which I don't think he has the attributes for at all

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Who said 5 or 6 before Cov lol

Now Mavididi is in there should be 5 in before the end of the window. 

So applying the Rudkin Treacle Tax (RTT) multiple of 0.66 that's between 3.3 - 3.96 players

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, kingpower said:

How many out?

The question on every fans lips atm. 

Who knows, depends what kind of bids come in and how desperate we are to shift players out. 

Think it's clear we are after 3 positions atm CM, RW and RW/AM 

Depending on departures you'd think we'd further replace those players, excluding GK's.

With both ins and outs, the loan market will play a big part.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The question on every fans lips atm. 

Who knows, depends what kind of bids come in and how desperate we are to shift players out. 

Think it's clear we are after 3 positions atm CM, RW and RW/AM 

Depending on departures you'd think we'd further replace those players, excluding GK's.

With both ins and outs, the loan market will play a big part.

Casadei, Rak-Sayki and Cole Palmer?

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Casadei, Rak-Sayki and Cole Palmer?

3 names at the top of the list with a couple of other Premier League loans. 

Archer and Diallo have both been mentioned, Was told we were offered Kaide Gordon on loan from Liverpool but the club didn't take them up on it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Archer and Diallo have both been mentioned, Was told we were offered Kaide Gordon on loan from Liverpool but the club didn't take them up on it.

Diallo would obviously be a stupidly good signing but I don't see how we get him. I'd imagine a Premier League club will want him on loan or if not he'd go back to Sunderland. Still more than a chance he stays at United too IMO.

I don't see us wanting Archer or indeed Villa wanting Archer to come here given we have 3 Premier League level forwards already in Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka.

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Diallo would obviously be a stupidly good signing but I don't see how we get him. I'd imagine a Premier League club will want him on loan or if not he'd go back to Sunderland. Still more than a chance he stays at United too IMO.

I don't see us wanting Archer or indeed Villa wanting Archer to come here given we have 3 Premier League level forwards already in Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka.

Need to keep Vardy fit, 

Wouldn't want to rely on Daka for a long period.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I'm not fishing for specifics but have you heard many names with regards to permanent moves or are we predominantly focusing on loans?

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm not fishing for specifics but have you heard many names with regards to permanent moves or are we predominantly focusing on loans?

Those mentioned are all loans. 

1 more permanent deal being worked on as it stands.

Edited by Sambiasso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Those mentioned are all loans. 

1 more permanent deal being worked on as it stands.

Hope this isn’t Diangana on a permanent 😬 

Piroe maybe? 

Would love it to be Manhoef but think you said before you’ve not heard his name mentioned… 

Would make a lot of sense given Coadys injury and the fact that even if we're ok with Vesty for a season, he's out of contract next year anyway. £15mill is the asking price apparently. *In his last year so should be able to get something done for less than that you'd imagine. No BB either.

Edited by JimJams

Just now, JimJams said:

Would make a lot of sense given Coadys injury and the fact that even if we're ok with Vesty for a season, he's out of contract next year anyway. £15mill is the asking price apparently.

honestly, it would make me hard, if we signed THB. He's the nuts. I'd imagine he's not been snapped up at £15m, due to a lot of sell-on and buy-back clauses from Man City, but I hope we just take the plunge and suck these up.

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Such an obvious signing. Young, high ceiling, chance to bed him in in the Championship. Local move for him, Peterborough in trouble so wouldn’t be too expensive and wouldn’t command high wages.

Yet no noises at all. Seemingly we would still rather go down the big names/big wages route :dunno:

I'd imagine we're already over burdened with wages in that position we can't afford to take anyone else in until we shift a couple on.