Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Can't remember. some twitter post, by a journalist, talking about a perm move for THB and a loan for Cole Palmer, both to us

Can confirm you didn’t imagine this, I also saw it. I think it was one the Man City linked Journos, possibly Telegraph connected? Someone legit anyway. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

The question on every fans lips atm. 

Who knows, depends what kind of bids come in and how desperate we are to shift players out. 

Think it's clear we are after 3 positions atm CM, RW and RW/AM 

Depending on departures you'd think we'd further replace those players, excluding GK's.

With both ins and outs, the loan market will play a big part.

Does this not work on the assumption that Daka, Nacho and Vardy will all be retained? Given his quality and contract situation I'd be surprised if Nacho is here when the window shuts - which means we need a new striker surely? 

7 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Can confirm you didn’t imagine this, I also saw it. I think it was one the Man City linked Journos, possibly Telegraph connected? Someone legit anyway. 

I think the article was worded a little confusingly. It suggested we were in for both but in reality I think it was Burnley in for both and we were in only Palmer on loan. This would make sense as Burnley would be in for Palmer, giving him a chance in the Prem and THB was there last season so would defo be in for him also. As good as it would be, we are not signing THB in a million years. I doubt Palmer either although a slightly better chance on loan. 

3 minutes ago, DezFox said:

I think the article was worded a little confusingly. It suggested we were in for both but in reality I think it was Burnley in for both and we were in only Palmer on loan. This would make sense as Burnley would be in for Palmer, giving him a chance in the Prem and THB was there last season so would defo be in for him also. As good as it would be, we are not signing THB in a million years. I doubt Palmer either although a slightly better chance on loan. 

I read it as us being interested in Palmer on loan and THB on a permanent deal. 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Does this not work on the assumption that Daka, Nacho and Vardy will all be retained? Given his quality and contract situation I'd be surprised if Nacho is here when the window shuts - which means we need a new striker surely? 

I would imagine we will have offered services of all 3 strikers given their wages, current form and confidence. Not to mention we lose 2 of them for free next year. I would imagine we could really do with vardy off the books, kelechi for about 12m and Daka would be gone for about 15m. I think someone will pay for kelechi but the other 2 will stay I would imagine. So yes I guess another striker would be needed however they may not want to pay more wages. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Extremely surprised we've not seen any signings come in from Italy yet. I do wonder just how much Maresca has input in to signings. I hope it's collective as Glover's track record is dog mess.

A part of me wonders if they understand to get out of the championship they need players accustomed to this league/country etc, rather than try to import talent and then risk the usual time it takes them to settle in etc. 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Extremely surprised we've not seen any signings come in from Italy yet. I do wonder just how much Maresca has input in to signings. I hope it's collective as Glover's track record is dog mess.

guess they dont want to be bent over in terms of fees

and I guess they dont trust the track record from italy too

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

guess they dont want to be bent over in terms of fees

and I guess they dont trust the track record from italy too

Now that we can sign up to 4 players without a work permit there's some serious value in Serie B.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Very early stages but we've made an enquiry for Seb Nanasi at Malmo. 

Not saying its happening just relaying what I've been told.

Take it however you want.

Attacking midfielder his stats are very good , well worth a bid of £5m plus.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Mostly plays as a left winger

Was told he can play multiple positions, he was described to me as a hybrid of Barnes and Maddison. 

Quick look suggests he has potential but easy to look good in the Swedish leagues.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Was told he can play multiple positions, he was described to me as a hybrid of Barnes and Maddison. 

Quick look suggests he has potential but easy to look good in the Swedish leagues.

Exciting new name, considering we have few winger links initially we've started to see a few more creep in.

More intrigued by another Scandinavian league link. We've really scouted that region hard from looks of things.