Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

15 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Was told he can play multiple positions, he was described to me as a hybrid of Barnes and Maddison. 

Quick look suggests he has potential but easy to look good in the Swedish leagues.

Has Been capped twice by Sweden already and has won a trophy or two.

32 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Very early stages but we've made an enquiry for Seb Nanasi at Malmo. 

Not saying its happening just relaying what I've been told.

Take it however you want.

Quick search for tweets of his name on twitter revealed @Ric Flair so I’m sure he’ll be all over this.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Was told he can play multiple positions, he was described to me as a hybrid of Barnes and Maddison. 

Quick look suggests he has potential but easy to look good in the Swedish leagues.

Had a wee look at a compilation or two and he does seem to be all over the place positionally.

A few clips he seems to be coming in off the left, a few from the right and a fair few he's central. 

I wonder if we'd fancy him as an 8. 

I really don't like how we'd have to play 6 matches with an unfinished squad before the window closes...

Just seems like a waste and an oversight to not be in shape for the start of the season. Feels like Rudkin thinks the season only starts in the 2nd week of September

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

I really don't like how we'd have to play 6 matches with an unfinished squad before the window closes...

Just seems like a waste and an oversight to not be in shape for the start of the season. Feels like Rudkin thinks the season only starts in the 2nd week of September

To be fair every team in the championship will be in the same boat. Saints and Leeds have hardly been prolific in the window so far. Just got to hope we can pick up some decent results in the 1st 6 games and then look to have our squad settled ready for September. 

6 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

6 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Annoying that the Casadei thread had to be locked as it got sabotaged by another Rudkin discussion! Genuinely excited about Casadei joining. 

Don't know much about Nanasi, look forward to seeing what the likes of @Ric Flair think of him. 

5 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Quick search for tweets of his name on twitter revealed @Ric Flair so I’m sure he’ll be all over this.

OH YES, i've mentioned him all summer. He's been my stand out value pick to replace Maddison. He's so quick thinking and immediately looks ro create at every opportunity. Exactly the sort who gets snapped up for £5m and sold for £25m in 18 months at someone like Frankfurt or Salzburg.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Looks very good and just what we need aswell! Enzo ball could be well and truly amazing 😂

10 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Personally think he would fit in the mould of what we are looking for from our attacking centre mids. He doesn’t seem to fit the common theme of wingers we’ve been linked with. Good player at low risk price I would imagine as well. 

Mandatory highlight clips:

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

OH YES, i've mentioned him all summer. He's been my stand out value pick to replace Maddison. He's so quick thinking and immediately looks ro create at every opportunity. Exactly the sort who gets snapped up for £5m and sold for £25m in 18 months at someone like Frankfurt or Salzburg.

question, if we get Nanasi, will you wear a alice band on the podcast? lol

he looks like he could be a talent, Malmo do have a habit with talented young players and imo we need to look at the scandy market more, as there is good value to be had

• Haha 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

question, if we get Nanasi, will you wear a alice band on the podcast? lol

he looks like he could be a talent, Malmo do have a habit with talented young players and imo we need to look at the scandy market more, as there is good value to be had

I'll wear one round me breasts an'all

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Personally think he would fit in the mould of what we are looking for from our attacking centre mids. He doesn’t seem to fit the common theme of wingers we’ve been linked with. Good player at low risk price I would imagine as well. 

Mandatory highlight clips:

Precisely what I was thinking. Given Enzo's comments about our wingers staying wide, it doesn't really suit this fella. The #8 role alongside Casadei however? 

....He could cover for the wide spot too though. 

15 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Precisely what I was thinking. Given Enzo's comments about our wingers staying wide, it doesn't really suit this fella. The #8 role alongside Casadei however? 

....He could cover for the wide spot too though. 

Nanasi is a Maddison type player. Also what Maresca said about his wingers is strange given he's signed a right footed left winger in Mavididi who cuts in and gets shots off quickly and we are quite close to getting Rak-Sakyi who's left footed and plays on the right.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nanasi is a Maddison type player. Also what Maresca said about his wingers is strange given he's signed a right footed left winger in Mavididi who cuts in and gets shots off quickly and we are quite close to getting Rak-Sakyi who's left footed and plays on the right.

I don't imagine it will be a case of getting to the byline and whipping in crosses. More so, staying wide and playing balls from deeper to the two #8's, striker, and opposite winger who would all get in and around the box which Enzo has also spoken about. They could do that with either peg I suppose. 

I do get what you mean though. It seems what he's saying and the players we are getting isn't lining up but I did predict our wingers playing on the touchline as we don't look like we will get width from the FBs. 

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I don't imagine it will be a case of getting to the byline and whipping in crosses. More so, staying wide and playing balls from deeper to the two #8's, striker, and opposite winger who would all get in and around the box which Enzo has also spoken about. They could do that with either peg I suppose. 

I do get what you mean though. It seems what he's saying and the players we are getting isn't lining up but I did predict our wingers playing on the touchline as we don't look like we will get width from the FBs. 

We need better 8's if that's the case too. Mavididi and Rak-Sakyi are goal scorers and should be encouraged to get in the box.

It's going to take some getting used to Maresca's comments and actions because there's a fair bit that I'm quite confused on with him so far.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Nice! That's one I've suggested on here. Gustav Issaksen is the most promising Scandinavian winger / attacker, but it looks like he is going to Lazio and looks way too good to me to be playing in the Championship. This guy is more raw but just 21 years old and has caps for Sweden. Championship probably is a good move for him, to get tons of games for a good side without the immediate high pressure of the Premier League. If we pay under 10m Euro for him, then worth a punt. Swedish players can range from the level of Ken Sema for Watford to Emil Forsberg of RB Leipzig!

He played a different position, but Viktor Gyokeres is a good example of a player that turned up looking like a jobber and ended up leaving as a fully fledged international playing for a good European club. I feel like the Championship is quite a good place for some players to develop their game. I feel like that happened with Vardy to some degree too.

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need better 8's if that's the case too. Mavididi and Rak-Sakyi are goal scorers and should be encouraged to get in the box.

It's going to take some getting used to Maresca's comments and actions because there's a fair bit that I'm quite confused on with him so far.

I imagine if Mavididi had the ball wide left, the 8's, the striker and Rak-Sakyi would all be in or around the box. Likewise Mavididi would be in there if Rak-Sakyi had it. 

As for the quality of the #8's, I think that's key. They seem like they will be integral but with KDH, Casadei, Nanasi and potentially Alves (although I'd prefer to add a little more experience to that group) I think they could possibly be enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Noticeable though that both wingers he has signed are comfortable with both feet. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Exactly that, this whole system is about creating areas of space and creating 1 vs 1 situations. 

By the winger staying out wide, the full back has a choice to either get tighter to slow down momentum of the wingers, which in return creates spaces for the 8’s to run into. Obviously if the full back decides to tuck in and keep shape, the winger has a 1 vs 1 opportunity to take on his man. Most teams in this situation will use a midfielder to double up and cut out space for the winger to run into, which again creates space within the middle. 

We create an offensive trap whether that is trapping them to commit to men in the middle of the park and then spreading it out for the wingers in space. Or they try to stop us on the wings and we use the space In the middle to create. Win win situation if done properly.