Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need better 8's if that's the case too. Mavididi and Rak-Sakyi are goal scorers and should be encouraged to get in the box.

It's going to take some getting used to Maresca's comments and actions because there's a fair bit that I'm quite confused on with him so far.

I think he might be trying to play mind games with Mark Robbins... for example the "if I start Jamie Vardy" statement. Coventry play really narrow, there are gaps out wide, maybe he's trying to scare Robbns into having a back 4 and then exploit the half-spaces like we've seen all pre-season?

As you say we don't know enough about him, he might be partly mental for all we know lol

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Noticeable though that both wingers he has signed are comfortable with both feet. 

We've seen already that he loves fluid formations. Man City moved more towards players like Foden, Bernardo and Grealish because they can play multiple roles during the same game. Kasey McAteer I think is a very good example, he has played as both an attacking midfielder in some preseason games, and as a winger in others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

In an ideal world.... 

Out...

Vestergaard

Castagne

Ndidi

Soumare

Albrighton

Iverson

Ward

In.... 

Harwood-Bellis

Nanasi (as an 8 and LM backup)

Casadei

Rak-Sakyi

Manhoef/Akgun

I'd like to keep Albrighton around until next summer. His experience could be pivotal in some games. 

Just now, Simonb said:

I'd like to keep Albrighton around until next summer. His experience could be pivotal in some games. 

I think he prob will stay and I can't say I'd be too disappointed by it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Scotch said:

In an ideal world.... 

Out...

Vestergaard

Castagne

Ndidi

Soumare

Albrighton

Iverson

Ward

In.... 

Harwood-Bellis

Nanasi (as an 8 and LM backup)

Casadei

Rak-Sakyi

Manhoef/Akgun

Would take this plus potentially Daka out and another strike option in. I'd keep Albrighton around, though.

Squad id want 

Hermansen, Stolarcyk, Smithies

Ricardo Justin, Kristiansen, Thomas

Coady, Faes, ANOTHER, Doyle

Winks, Casadei, KDH, Ndidi, Choudhury

Praet, Mavididi, Rak-Sakyi, Albrighton, Madivadua, McAteer

Vardy, Iheanacho, Piroe

So thats still a CB, Casadei Rak Sakyi and Piroe to sort.

Out Castagne, Daka, Souttar, Iversen, Ward. Vestergaard which should fetch another £30m or more.

Our game management spine then becomes Hermansen, Ricardo, Coady, Winks, KDH, Vardy, Nacho

X factor comes from Mavididi, Rak-Sakyi, Casadei, Nacho, Piroe, Vardy

The only thing we miss is a nasty streak and a bit of smarts which we will need knocking in to us by Maresca and Caballero.

45 minutes ago, EddieFox said:

Watched Peterborough prob been mentioned before but Ronnie Edwards - has the pace to cover in back 3.

Been mentioned a fair bit, but yes he'd fit the bill perfectly.  I'd imagine if we could move on at least one of vesty and souttar we'd be knocking on their door.

Haven't they got some finance problems too?

1 hour ago, EddieFox said:

Watched Peterborough prob been mentioned before but Ronnie Edwards - has the pace to cover in back 3.

could be do-able, they are looking for over £8mil tho, but could be worth it,

although Posh could be in money trouble

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

Squad id want 

Hermansen, Stolarcyk, Smithies

Ricardo Justin, Kristiansen, Thomas

Coady, Faes, ANOTHER, Doyle

Winks, Casadei, KDH, Ndidi, Choudhury

Praet, Mavididi, Rak-Sakyi, Albrighton, Madivadua, McAteer

Vardy, Iheanacho, Piroe

So thats still a CB, Casadei Rak Sakyi and Piroe to sort.

Out Castagne, Daka, Souttar, Iversen, Ward. Vestergaard which should fetch another £30m or more.

Our game management spine then becomes Hermansen, Ricardo, Coady, Winks, KDH, Vardy, Nacho

X factor comes from Mavididi, Rak-Sakyi, Casadei, Nacho, Piroe, Vardy

The only thing we miss is a nasty streak and a bit of smarts which we will need knocking in to us by Maresca and Caballero.

Aware you've said or more but accepting 30 million as a minimum for those 6 would be awful business

if hamer is available at 12m as reported… and maresca thinks so highly of him, than surely that makes more sense than casadei.

Id always take a permanent player over a loan if you can get equal quality. 

honestly we need him just for set pieces or we are going to be wasting them all season. 

Edited by Lambert09

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if hamer is available at 12m as reported… and maresca thinks so highly of him, than surely that makes more sense than casadei.

honestly we need him just for set pieces or we are going to be wasting them all season. 

tbf would Coventry really sell Hamer to another Championship team, if it was a prem team im sure they would but weaken themselves to strength a rival.....

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf would Coventry really sell Hamer to another Championship team, if it was a prem team im sure they would but weaken themselves to strength a rival.....

If he wants to come then it'd make it difficult not too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

If he wants to come then it'd make it difficult not too

Them having already sold Gyokeres does change the scenario though. They don't need to sell Hamer, even if (I think?) he's in the last year of his contract. Every chance a Premier League club come in for him towards the end of the window unfortunately, with more money and they don't strengthen a rival.

32 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

there was just a report that leeds have been told by coventry that a 12m bid would be accepted. 

They are getting nervous he will leave for free 

38 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

there was just a report that leeds have been told by coventry that a 12m bid would be accepted. 

They are getting nervous he will leave for free 

im shocked that one of the promoted teams havent came in for him tbf(burnley was meant to be in for him), dont get me wrong Id like us to buy him, as I admit i was impressed by him but i do think it would be a shock to see him move from one championship team to another

he'd certainly fit us mind, play the role ndidi did today

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I mean, yeah. Your right. A permanent player is preferable over a loan of similair quality but if getting that loan allows us to then improve other areas by using that money elsewhere then we are gaining more by going with that option. In the short term at least. 

After today, a ball playing centre back with pace, two ‘8’’s and two wingers are evidently needed. 

CB

Adamo Nagalo - Nordsjaelland

Edvin Kurtulus - Hammarby

Leonidas Stergiou - St. Gallen 

8 - Casadei and...

Marcel Ruiz - Toluca

Albert Gronbaek - Bodo/Glimt

Amane Romeo - Hacken

RW

Rak-Sakyi or Manhoef

LW - Competition for Mavididi

Sebastian Nanasi - Malmö 

Ephron Mason-Clark - Peterborough 

Ignacio Aliseda - Lugano 

37 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

im shocked that one of the promoted teams havent came in for him tbf(burnley was meant to be in for him), dont get me wrong Id like us to buy him, as I admit i was impressed by him but i do think it would be a shock to see him move from one championship team to another

he'd certainly fit us mind, play the role ndidi did today

He looked decent.  Perhaps a little overweight although perhaps that's his build.  lol