Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

im shocked that one of the promoted teams havent came in for him tbf(burnley was meant to be in for him), dont get me wrong Id like us to buy him, as I admit i was impressed by him but i do think it would be a shock to see him move from one championship team to another

he'd certainly fit us mind, play the role ndidi did today

IF we have an offer on the table, one thing that may be an attractive proposition is the fact he doesn’t have to relocate if he comes to us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

im shocked that one of the promoted teams havent came in for him tbf(burnley was meant to be in for him), dont get me wrong Id like us to buy him, as I admit i was impressed by him but i do think it would be a shock to see him move from one championship team to another

he'd certainly fit us mind, play the role ndidi did today

After enzos comments on him today it would be wild if we weren’t in the mix for him for 12m…. Would slot straight into that secondary number 8 role alongside KDH 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbtcity said:

After enzos comments on him today it would be wild if we weren’t in the mix for him for 12m…. Would slot straight into that secondary number 8 role alongside KDH 

If we can get him for 12m would be great business,  he's a prem level player and a killer from set pieces- as seen with what he did to hermansen today.

Would slot straight into where ndidi started today, only problem is him being 5'7 and would make our midfield very small alongside winks and KDH.

Overall elite depth and would pss cov fans right off considering he's their starboy.

6 hours ago, dbtcity said:

...if we picked up Hamer, what happens to bringing in Casadei!!!

Casadei would be the Ndidi replacement and we cannot spend £12m on Hamer to have him on the bench. Pretty much it will have to be rotation with KDH or Hamer sits alongside Winks, which disturbs the present way we have set out to play.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if we picked up Hamer, what happens to bringing in Casadei!!!

Casadei would be the Ndidi replacement and we cannot spend £12m on Hamer to have him on the bench. Pretty much it will have to be rotation with KDH or Hamer sits alongside Winks, which disturbs the present way we have set out to play.

I mean as things stand we haven’t signed Casadei!!! 
it’s currently all ifs like IF Hamer is going for 12m 

IF we sign Casadei

IF my Nan had a etc etc etc…. This is a players for the championship you’d want thread though isn’t it…

think as much as people on this forum want Hamer, i really dont believe we'll get him, and for a number of reasons ive said already

Casadei is the one the club seem to want atm, dont get me wrong id love us to go for Hamer, but would be odd for Coventry to sell to another championship side, making themselves weaker to strengthen a rival

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

From everything we've heard and been told, I genuinely don't think the club has 12m to spend unless a few more leave. If we could clear out the discard list then OK maybe. 

But there's a reason we're about to fill our two most needed positions with loan players in Casadei and Rayk Saki. 

Hamer isn't coming here, Piroe isn't coming here, people need to get over these. We're getting a couple of loans and then that's probably it. 

Would love to be wrong and banter aside yesterday Hamer would be cracking here playing where Ndidi started. But I'm not convinced he'd have the same impact if we go up. Maybe Casadei and Praet are the smarter bets til then. 

I agree re finances as if we had a pot to piss in I imagine Doyle wouldn’t be here on loan either he’d probably be sat on a shinny new Leicester contract on 70k a week lol 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I mean as things stand we haven’t signed Casadei!!! 
it’s currently all ifs like IF Hamer is going for 12m 

IF we sign Casadei

IF my Nan had a etc etc etc…. This is a players for the championship you’d want thread though isn’t it…

...we have not signed Casadei, but the rumours are that we are in pole position to do so!!!

I just wanted to see where you were,  should we make the loan happen as well as bringing in Hamer.You enthused how it would be a good move Hamer coming to us would be, and where you would see him play, it wasn't much of a reach that we could see both turning up on or doorstep?

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have not signed Casadei, but the rumours are that we are in pole position to do so!!!

I just wanted to see where you were,  should we make the loan happen as well as bringing in Hamer.You enthused how it would be a good move Hamer coming to us would be, and where you would see him play, it wasn't much of a reach that we could see both turning up on or doorstep?

Yea I don’t think we’d see both coming in and I fully expect Casadei to be our man (as finnegan mentioned loans will probably be all we see) once he’s through the door that will be that when it comes to a number 8 I imagine but if finances allowed it and it was a toss up between the 2 I’d much sooner have a permanent signing of Hamer ability over progressing 1 of chelskis youngsters… think we’ll more than likely see a couple of wingers if anything

• Like 1

4 more for the starting 11 needed asap 

vesty, Ndidi, mcateer and vardy out of that 11 and 4 in to replace and we will be absolutely cooking 

we need an 8 desperately to do similar to kdh in through the right channel - not enough quality in the final 3rd at the minute 

mcateer did ok and I am happy with him as swuad cover on that side but this formation and tactics relies more than any iv seen on quick penetrating wingers - it’s designed to give them 1 on 1 every time and without a natural number 10 on the team the wingers need to be able to beat a man 

We already have the perfect striker for this formation in kel but maybe he wants away - if so we need someone that can drop in and hold the ball up whilst we get up the pitch - vardy can’t do it - not his game at all- if kel goes they need someone similar - I’d do everything to keep him - he will score 20 easily if he starts most games 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

I don't think we'll go for Hamer simply because we seem to want Casadei. He'd be perfect for that money though 

Go get them both - need quality in that area and so many games to play - if the 12m is true and enzo does like him we should be at the front of the queue no doubt - needs to lose half a stone though and he would be electric 

• Like 1

We are likely to need cover for winks/0ne of the 8s that isn't a CDM that's been forced into the position.

Hamer for 12m is a bargain. He has the skills to be a starter in the mix alongside kdh casadei and winks. 

There will be 50 + games this season. It's also let's us crap on Cov and Leeds fans in one move. Do it Enzo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Would also be nuts if we let a player of his calibre go to a promotion rival too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

IF we have an offer on the table, one thing that may be an attractive proposition is the fact he doesn’t have to relocate if he comes to us.

I don’t get why we don’t buy him. He is class and £12 million doesn’t seem a lot. He is only 26. I think he is a great player every time I watch him play. 

25 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Would also be nuts if we let a player of his calibre go to a promotion rival too. 

A year left on his contract… beggars can’t be choosers sometimes you’ve got to take what you can take when it’s on the table or run the risk of having nothing… something we know all about 

• Like 1

We won’t be getting Casadei and Hamer. As well as the finances, it would leave us with 4 players for 3 positions that will expect rightly to start every game. Yes strength in depth and all that but you also can’t have players that are arguable stand out players in the league sat on the bench.

Personally Id rather us go for Hamer on a permanent but seems the club are more interested in Casadei and I’m sure there are financial reasons for this. It’s not as simple as just ‘going out and getting him’ when it’s £12mill in this league.

• Like 1