Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

18 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

We won’t be getting Casadei and Hamer. As well as the finances, it would leave us with 4 players for 3 positions that will expect rightly to start every game. Yes strength in depth and all that but you also can’t have players that are arguable stand out players in the league sat on the bench.

Personally Id rather us go for Hamer on a permanent but seems the club are more interested in Casadei and I’m sure there are financial reasons for this. It’s not as simple as just ‘going out and getting him’ when it’s £12mill in this league.

Disagree, we are highly likely to play in excess of 50 games this season, there is no way you can expect 3 players to stay fit and on the top of their game for that sustained period. 4 top options would allow us to rotate and keep everyone fresh and provide cover for injuries and suspensions and likely mean that each of the 4 would still play around 34 games in the season. That is also on the basis that Casedei hits the ground running, he may take time to bed in, so having someone who like Hamer who can play both the Winks and high 8 role would be ideal. 

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Disagree, we are highly likely to play in excess of 50 games this season, there is no way you can expect 3 players to stay fit and on the top of their game for that sustained period. 4 top options would allow us to rotate and keep everyone fresh and provide cover for injuries and suspensions and likely mean that each of the 4 would still play around 34 games in the season. That is also on the basis that Casedei hits the ground running, he may take time to bed in, so having someone who like Hamer who can play both the Winks and high 8 role would be ideal. 

I’m not saying we don’t need more than the 3 of them for the number of games, I just do not agree that we can carry that quality in volume. Hamer, Winks and KDH are arguably the 3 best midfielders in the league (maybe a case for one or two others). I’d imagine Casadei is perhaps a level below at the moment but as a loanee from Chelsea will be expecting to play when fit. So you can’t be spending £12mill on Hamer, £10mill on Winks to have them on the bench which leave KDH. And he provides the left footed balance.

Im just saying your rotation option is likely to be of a slightly lower standard than these guys but very much good enough to come in to the team and perform. 

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

We won’t be getting Casadei and Hamer. As well as the finances, it would leave us with 4 players for 3 positions that will expect rightly to start every game. Yes strength in depth and all that but you also can’t have players that are arguable stand out players in the league sat on the bench.

Personally Id rather us go for Hamer on a permanent but seems the club are more interested in Casadei and I’m sure there are financial reasons for this. It’s not as simple as just ‘going out and getting him’ when it’s £12mill in this league.

Wonder if KDH goes we'll move for Hamer?

Just now, indierich06 said:

KDH is going no where!

Would love us to flex some muscle (which we don't have btw!) and get in Piroe and Hamer, for the price of Castagne, Daka and Soumare.

If we did that, it would be the equivalent of a prime Mike Tyson fight; Basically the fight was won before the first bell. The rest of the league would just give up, and hand us the title!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

KDH is going no where!

Would love us to flex some muscle (which we don't have btw!) and get in Piroe and Hamer, for the price of Castagne, Daka and Soumare.

If we did that, it would be the equivalent of a prime Mike Tyson fight; Basically the fight was won before the first bell. The rest of the league would just give up, and hand us the title!

Feels like we could spend a bit more money, but we're just waiting for players to leave - and we're so bad at selling off our dead wood.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

If we could have 3 of the 4 mentioned, I’d sooner not Casadei and have Hamer. It felt for ages that we had no real left footed balance so having KDH and Doyle is good. So I wouldn’t want us to lose KDH.

A midfield 3 of KDH - Winks - Hamer would be mouthwatering stuff at this level. Probably as a good a midfield as this league will have seen.

Im sure Casadei will be a very good option on the right of the 3, but seeing Hamer on Sunday and his set pieces as well, he’d be fantastic if we could.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Woody1962 said:

Djed Spence. With Spurs now deciding he's surplus to requirement, he might be a good fit for us under Maresca?

Don't see where he plays, he's a RWB - Castagne has the same issue, hence why he doesn't fit Maresca's plans. 

• Like 1

On 06/08/2023 at 21:12, FrankieADZ said:

tbf would Coventry really sell Hamer to another Championship team, if it was a prem team im sure they would but weaken themselves to strength a rival.....

Given that we've already played them, it would actually be to their benefit to strengthen us. Improve our squad and we're more likely to take points off the rest of the Championship, after all, but the result against them is already determined so it makes no difference there. Of course, that's incredibly marginal and assumes that Coventry are 100% going to sell to someone this window...

• Like 1

Starting to think we may go in for Hamer after Enzo’s comments about him and Burnley now getting Berge from Sheffield United. There’s a 90% chance he’s moving this window. Enzo also mentioned there set pieces, and how he hopes to get ours to a similar level. I’m sure we’d be his number 1 choice in the championship. If Ndidi/ Dennis goes soon I do recon we’ll make the move.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Given that we've already played them, it would actually be to their benefit to strengthen us. Improve our squad and we're more likely to take points off the rest of the Championship, after all, but the result against them is already determined so it makes no difference there. Of course, that's incredibly marginal and assumes that Coventry are 100% going to sell to someone this window...

I almost made this point before.

If we assume their ambitions would be playoffs as our automatic, they may not see us as direct competition in the same area of the table. However, we could take points off the competition.

Interesting that I am not the only one who considered that having played them may benefit too, especially compared to if the competition was Southampton or Leeds where it’s two games still.

I don’t know if this is something that is done for permanent transfers but would be even have the option of agreeing not to play him in the reverse game to sweeten the deal?

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

since Casadei looks like he aint coming, we need to look elsewhere, 

Oscar Bobb

Jensen Wier 

Taylor Booth

3 broken players we'll no doubt be linked with:

Ross Barkley

Jesse Lingard

Dele Alli

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

3 broken players we'll no doubt be linked with:

Ross Barkley

Jesse Lingard

Dele Alli

Would have Alli out of that bunch.

He seems the most determined to try change and resurrect his situation.

Thinking about it, hope Drinkwater gets sorted soon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

since Casadei looks like he aint coming, we need to look elsewhere, 

Oscar Bobb

Jensen Wier 

Taylor Booth

Taylor Booth is more of winger than he is a No.8 for me. Oscar Bobb is a dream shout for me, noticeable he wasn’t in the squad for the community shield.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Taylor Booth is more of winger than he is a No.8 for me. Oscar Bobb is a dream shout for me, noticeable he wasn’t in the squad for the community shield.

Other way around for me. Booth is an ideal 8 who can play RW and Bobb is an RW that can play as a 10.