Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

Current state of play…

Potential Outs:

Souttar - Rangers

Castagne - Fulham, Juventus, or Arsenal

Iversen - Crystal Place

Ward - Not a single link away

Ndidi - Various Turkish clubs

Daka - Everton and Monaco

Soumare - Sevilla, Galatasary and Fenebache

Kristiansen - Bologna

Thomas - No links away

Vestergaard - Was linked to Saudi, but nothing since. 

Praet - Torino

Injuries

Braybrook - Back training early September

Coady - Out until early November.

Alves - November-ish

Hermansen  - Next week

Smithies - Injured but no updates as he’s 4th / 5th choice.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sly said:

Current state of play…

Injuries

Braybrook - Back training early September

Coady - Out until early November.

Alves - November-ish

Hermansen  - Next week

Smithies - Injured but no updates as he’s 4th / 5th choice.

I thought I'd read that he was out till the end of September.  Where has this "early November" info come from?

Just now, Sussex Fox said:

I thought I'd read that he was out till the end of September.  Where has this "early November" info come from?

10 weeks was quoted last week. 

So by the time he’s back training and up to first team football, it’ll likely be November. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

So by the time he’s back training and up to first team football, it’ll likely be November. 

as stated in the thread from when the injury occured, so it would be middle of September-ish

and to get upto fitness again etc, imo id say first/second week of October Coady should be back(if he doesnt get an knocks or set backs)

What I reckon/hope out squad will look like come the 2nd of September...

GK, Hermansen, Stolarczyk

LB, Doyle, VK

CB, Coady, THB, Faes, Souttar, Nelson

RB, Ricardo, JJ

#6, Winks, Ndidi, Braybrooke

#8, KDH, Chair, Praet, Casadei, Alves

LW, Mavididi, Marcal

RW, Albrighton, Rak-Sakyi, Mcateer

ST, Nacho, Vardy, Archer

Leaving would be, Iversen, Ward, Thomas, Vestergaard (realistically he'll stay and Souttar will go), Catagne, Hamza (again, chance he stays and Wilf goes), Soumare, Daka.

LW stands out on paper as being weak but with Chair and Archer in the squad, there is plenty of cover. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR

yeah you know someone like PSV, Feyenoord or Ajax are going to get him and with 2/3 years he'll be in the premier ripping it apart; 

we should be all over this, even if its buy him and leave him at Malmo for the rest of their season

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

@Ric Flair was bang on in the podcast. All out for Cameron Archer £15m will be a steal when we’re back up

thing is, would he come here if there is premier league interest, as I think Luton and Sheff Utd were sniffing about him

more like Utd, as i cant see Luton spending over 10mil for him

On 17/08/2023 at 06:56, Sly said:

...the 10 weeks was I  believe the length of time to recover from the injury and be back playing!!!

The injury was already 3 weeks in at the time the statement was made.Therefore you cannot take it from the date it was announced .

I think the amount of business likely to be done by end of Aug is staggering and supports the theory that relegation or major surgery was required to get rid of the dead wood. The fact so many were uncontracted makes it feel planned.

If we sell Soumare, Kristiansen, Ward/Iversen, Daka, Castagne, Souttar then tbey will join Maddison, Barnes, Mendy, Perez, Evans, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Tete having left - so circa 15 in all with the net profit negating the relegation income loss.

If we manage to bring in the likes of harwood-bellis, chair, a right winger and a striker then massive major surgery will have been completed and arguably our squad will be more fit for the future because of it.

If that is done with a 100% win rate start to August, whilst playing the likes of lurch, choudhury, madivadua, stolarcyk in an entirely new formation/style - tthen enzo is some kind of f#cking wizard

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah you know someone like PSV, Feyenoord or Ajax are going to get him and with 2/3 years he'll be in the premier ripping it apart; 

we should be all over this, even if its buy him and leave him at Malmo for the rest of their season

...went on to YouTube to see what he was about!!!

This player gave me Robbie Savage vibes, the way he carried himself going around the pitch, he is not too quick and with a high back lift, he doesn't generate push power on his shots. He does have a good chipped ball and good vision and awareness,  not sure I would be clamouring for his inclusion in our squad ahead of other prospects.

• Like 1

This fella having a very good time of it in Uruguay, looks like he'd be class just for the chaos he'd cause.

Another Nigerian in South America is the lad below, playing in the Venezuelan top flight, currently second in the scorers list and third for assists

Couple of new one's for you here @Ric Flair

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After yesterday we still need 4 more

players imo! Obviously we’ve got to sell before we can get anyone in.

lw - podence ( unlikely ) 

Rw - archer can play cf aswell

cam - Nanasi/ chair 

cb - THB/ Edwards 

• Like 1

Before the close of the window, I think we need cover for Winks, my suggestion would be Ben Whiteman from PNE, good deep lying playmaker in Winks mould keeps possession ticking over and offers a bit of protection in front of the defence, he is out of favour after a falling out with the manager, not a glamorous signing but would be a great squad addition and relatively cheap whilst giving Braybrooke opportunity to get himself back to fitness and slowly build back his form and confidence after such a serious injury. 

I think a bid of £3m would probably do it. Would give us strength in depth off the bench and reduce the workload on Winks and possibly even Ricky P. 

40 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Before the close of the window, I think we need cover for Winks, my suggestion would be Ben Whiteman from PNE, good deep lying playmaker in Winks mould keeps possession ticking over and offers a bit of protection in front of the defence, he is out of favour after a falling out with the manager, not a glamorous signing but would be a great squad addition and relatively cheap whilst giving Braybrooke opportunity to get himself back to fitness and slowly build back his form and confidence after such a serious injury. 

I think a bid of £3m would probably do it. Would give us strength in depth off the bench and reduce the workload on Winks and possibly even Ricky P. 

Oscar Zambrano or Fabricio Diaz, both always being linked with big clubs but neither have made a move yet and Diaz has been told he can go for a certain fee. Although as a back up Zambrano would be more likely as I feel Diaz is ready made to be starting weekly.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Oscar Zambrano or Fabricio Diaz, both always being linked with big clubs but neither have made a move yet and Diaz has been told he can go for a certain fee. Although as a back up Zambrano would be more likely as I feel Diaz is ready made to be starting weekly.

Diaz is unbelievable. You've really sold him to me. Him and Krisztián Lisztes I just cannot see how they don't make it in a top 5 league.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

After yesterday we still need 4 more

players imo! Obviously we’ve got to sell before we can get anyone in.

lw - podence ( unlikely ) 

Rw - archer can play cf aswell

cam - Nanasi/ chair 

cb - THB/ Edwards 

...Rak-Sakyi as the RW, we are not going to wait all this time for a player in this position, that is sharing a role!!!

Archer for the forward if Daka goes, the rest is highly unlikely at this moment as we need bodies out.

• Like 1