Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thebluefox85

If Rudkin gives Dean Smith the job permanently!

3 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

I disagree. If you look at the points we gained in the final 8 games, it was enough to keep us over if you average that over the entire season, without a window to buy players he wants. We could do a LOT worse. 

I disagree Fulham Leeds and Everton games were critical and he just had no idea what to do or how to set the team up and those games relegated us putting aside the Rodgers meltdown 

Edited by Thebluefox85
  • Like 3

I think he’s a good guy, and I think he could get us promoted, but he just doesn’t excite me, 2 years of banging my head against the wall screaming about the decline of our club has just really put me off of football, Dean just doesn’t excite me and although I appreciate right now we need stability and a calm head, I want to be excited by Leicester again and he just doesn’t do that.  

There’s many reasons why I’m just not as excited by Leicester as I used to be and I’ve put so much less effort into being part of the fanbase on the basis that the club/ownership/board don’t seem to actually care whilst we as fans watch the club we love being dismantled. 

A young manager who wants to hard press and attack with every phase would go some way to exciting me and I think that’s the main reason why I want a Red Bull man at the helm whether that be Jaissle, Hutter, 

Hasenhuttl or even Marsch. I just want passion and aggression. Smith doesn’t offer that from what I’ve seen.

• Like 3

Personally I like Smith as a person and his career, when looked at in the whole, is at least satisfactory. The bigger problem his appointment would indicate is the laziness and lack of ideas it speaks to in Rudkin, Whelan and Top. Then again, we already knew about that.

• Like 1

Smith seems to be pretty dynamic and is not afraid to change things around if they are not working, I don't think he would be that bad tbf.

Considering he came into the mess he was never going to get it right with so little games left but we did improve on the stale Rodgers ball.

If that was to happen Saddler has to go, what does he even do?

Edited by whoareyaaa

I just don't have any faith in the board. I will not be surprised, if he was appointed. 

Yes he got a decent amount of points, but at that point we needed to attack and take risks anyway. Those random playing formations was desperation to fire fight, so i could forgive him, for that too. 

I didn't like DS playing players, out of position though.

Is he my first choice. No way. There are about 8 names, I'd have before him. 

Hopefully, with the law of averages. We might make a right decision one day. 

This title is so wrong.

Rudkin does not have the say to employ or sack a manager.

He may have a say but ultimately it's down to Top and his brother.

I was reliably told Rudkin wanted Rodgers gone after the FA cup at forest. He again said at the beginning of last season Rodgers should go.

No I'm not related or Rudkin himself. Also I'm not saying he is competent in his job. But blaming him for everything is ridiculous. He can't force players to sign a new contract, like he can't force them to leave. Ultimately he can't make other clubs put in an acceptable offer.

But it's not just Rudkin. Someone on the mockery page yesterday was blaming Martyn Glover for us signing Vesty and Bertrand.

None of us know exactly what Rudkins job is. Description yes, but I've heard Simon Jordan say in the past the DoF's perform different jobs at different clubs as all owners want different aspects covered.

• Haha 1

He’d finally got to grips with our squad, and had started to eradicate the poison and self doubt created by Rodgers. The problem was, it was 2 games too late. (Those two games being with the “caretakers”) 

Who knows what would’ve happen if Rodgers had left sooner. Potentially might’ve even raised the value of some of the players now leaving for nowt.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The silence from the club is shocking. Either say Smith is here, and get on with it, or let him go. We are so slow in doing everything.

Why would they say he's gone when he could be an option? For the sake of appeasing the fans and break the ''silence'' It's very short term thinking. FWIW I'm not 100% sold on Smith either 

I like him. Even with the exodus expected we have the players to do well in the championship but need an honest, hardworking manager to get us fighting again. All this talk of Potter but not convinced his style of football is suited to the Championship. 

2 hours ago, Thebluefox85 said:

I disagree Fulham Leeds and Everton games were critical and he just had no idea what to do or how to set the team up and those games relegated us putting aside the Rodgers meltdown 

Maybe but if Brighton didn't roll over for them, we stay up not Everton. He's getting talked about like he's Steve Bruce. His only fail was Naaarich.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The silence from the club is shocking. Either say Smith is here, and get on with it, or let him go. We are so slow in doing everything.

Tbf, Leeds haven’t done anything yet either, and although Southampton have got Martin coming in, they haven’t actually got him there yet to start cracking on with making things happen yet.