Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thebluefox85

If Rudkin gives Dean Smith the job permanently!

Much worse choices out their, Deano was given a tough hand 7 games is a tough ask especially when two of your games are against Man City and Liverpool. So really he had five games, Maddie scores the pen against Everton then Deano would have achieved his mission.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Why would they say he's gone when he could be an option? For the sake of appeasing the fans and break the ''silence'' It's very short term thinking. FWIW I'm not 100% sold on Smith either 

It's not just "appeasing the fans" though. We've been relegation and need a rebuild, it needs to start now. If Smith is the option then announce it and let him get on with it. If they don't think he is the option then why is he still here?

2 hours ago, Pete52 said:

Tbf, Leeds haven’t done anything yet either, and although Southampton have got Martin coming in, they haven’t actually got him there yet to start cracking on with making things happen yet. 

Big Sam has gone hasn't he? I thought Leeds confirmed that the other day.

Southampton have appointed a new manager, new director and new head of recruitment.

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Much worse choices out their, Deano was given a tough hand 7 games is a tough ask especially when two of your games are against Man City and Liverpool. So really he had five games, Maddie scores the pen against Everton then Deano would have achieved his mission.

We needed to beat Leeds or Everton, it's much more than just Maddison missing a penalty. Aside from the last game against West Ham, we were always a goal behind under Smith, we never took the lead.

The Leeds and Everton games were the results that cost us in the end, not Man City or Liverpool or Newcastle. We needed 4 points from Leeds/Everton, not 2.

5 hours ago, Thebluefox85 said:

If Dean Smith gets the job on a permanent basics has all the ambition all but gone out of the club? and are we in for a real tough few years? Because I for one do not trust him to rebuild us into a premier league club again!

Disagree here, there are limited managers available who would actually come here, Smith would actually be one of the best from a bad bunch, It wouldn’t be the end of the world pal 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

We needed to beat Leeds or Everton, it's much more than just Maddison missing a penalty. Aside from the last game against West Ham, we were always a goal behind under Smith, we never took the lead.

The Leeds and Everton games were the results that cost us in the end, not Man City or Liverpool or Newcastle. We needed 4 points from Leeds/Everton, not 2.

The 16 games pre smith cost us 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

I disagree. If you look at the points we gained in the final 8 games, it was enough to keep us up, if you average that over the entire season, without a window to buy players he wants. We could do a LOT worse. 

On paper though it was the easiest run in of the relegation threatened sides, so it’s not really a true reflection of what you might get across a season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Have I missed something? This is just…patently untrue?

He's apparently claimed he's a role model.

So naturally that means he's going to be identical to Brendan Rodgers in every way, shape or form and have all of the same strengths and weaknesses like some sort of mini-me. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's apparently claimed he's a role model.

So naturally that means he's going to be identical to Brendan Rodgers in every way, shape or form and have all of the same strengths and weaknesses like some sort of mini-me. :rolleyes:

Bit different to inspiration and idol ffs, never the less apologies @Matt

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

It’s either the club have somebody massive lined up or they haven’t got a fvcking clue what they are doing. My guess is the latter but I just wish they’d make a decision. Poor Smith sat there in the lurch whilst Top and Rudkin sit there scratching each others arseholes.

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

I was reliably told Rudkin wanted Rodgers gone after the FA cup at forest. He again said at the beginning of last season Rodgers should go.

No I'm not related or Rudkin himself. Also I'm not saying he is competent in his job. But blaming him for everything is ridiculous.

SURE.jpeg

• Haha 2

Nice bloke no doubt but not sure what he’s done to really deserve a shot. Played nice football with Walsall and then Brentford but didn’t win anything or go up. Got Villa job and did ok. Relegated in consecutive seasons in his last two jobs. 

Seems to have ability to bring in new talent but I think we can wait a little (not much) and get better. 

His stint last season was ok but we still lacked a bit of identity and after a better start, it went back to feeling like we didn’t have a plan. Still not over that Everton game. 

Edited by HoustonFox

Why do people say Smith would've kept us up IF Maddison scores the Everton penalty? IF we beat Everton we might not have beat West Ham or something else MIGHT have happened elsewhere. We went down under him and that's that, whatever the arguement for keeping him on, he didn't turn things around and he didn't inspire enough for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

The more dilly and dallying the club do we will probably end up getting turned down by someone like Mckenna.

I don’t trust the board to make a sensible appointment or indeed have any knowledge of quality foreign coaches out there who WOULD come to the 6th most successful English side of the modern era. 

With sales and parachute payments the chance will be there to rebuild and get back to the Prem and eventually top 10.

The lack of speed is alarming and the more this drags out the more inclined I am to just saying let’s appoint Smith now, with Shakey , Terry and Cutler.

Lack of speed ?

I would much rather they get it right and truly reflect on the lessons and learnings to not make the same mistakes again!

generally the board have appointed well and it’s just BR that they gave too much power too and also waited too long to act upon - I hope they ensure they are clear on the new managers remit and scope of role 

I think silence at this point is fine IF they are talking to the candidates and lining up there choice - I know I maybe smoking pot !

Smith would be a crap appointment and basically an admission that we failed to attract someone better. He spent 8 games playing players who were leaving, picking the same midfield, and flopping in big games. Yes that is what had gone before, and there was a slight improvement, but the game plan was generally non existent. Daka LW ffs.

11 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

It's not going to be about getting a great manager,  we are in the bargain bin.

We just need to make sure we get the best of the bad bunch.

Remember when Top and his dad first rocked up here, we got an up and comer who failed, Sven and then big Nige back again.

If we are spending money we can get someone decent, if we are going bargain basement for players, we will struggle to get anyone decent.