Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thebluefox85

If Rudkin gives Dean Smith the job permanently!

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

I was reliably told Rudkin wanted Rodgers gone after the FA cup at forest. He again said at the beginning of last season Rodgers should go.

"After a shocking start to the season, with just one point coming in the first seven games to leave Leicester at the foot of the table, the axe could have fallen in the first international break. But it didn’t.

The reason was that while Rodgers had seemingly stopped believing in the club, Leicester’s hierarchy still very much believed in him, especially director of football Jon Rudkin.

Rudkin had worked hard to recruit Rodgers from Celtic — where he had led the Scottish giants to an undefeated domestic season and back-to-back trebles — in February 2019. They had paid good compensation for Rodgers and his staff, then rewarded him with another lucrative contract nine months later.

Rudkin and Rodgers were close. Their offices at Seagrave were next door to each other. They would communicate daily and Rodgers knew that chairman Aiyawatt “Khun Top” Srivaddhanaprabha relied on Rudkin for guidance on football matters. Rudkin was also the conduit to Khun Top, Leicester’s ultimate decision-maker.

Their relationship was the reason Rodgers was afforded more influence around the club than any manager previously, particularly on other appointments. Rudkin had an unwavering commitment to Rodgers’ training methods, message and playing philosophy, which were no longer effective with the same group of players. The alternative, to bring in fresh players, was not feasible.

It was the reason Rodgers was given so much time."

Leicester City didn't see relegation coming until it was too late

By Rob Tanner for The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/4534497/2023/05/28/leicester-relegated-what-went-wrong?source=user-shared-article

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Smith would be a crap appointment and basically an admission that we failed to attract someone better. He spent 8 games playing players who were leaving, picking the same midfield, and flopping in big games. Yes that is what had gone before, and there was a slight improvement, but the game plan was generally non existent. Daka LW ffs.

Would he have picked those players if he had a 2 or 3 year contract from the get go probably not.

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bit different to inspiration and idol ffs, never the less apologies @Matt

Cheers.

Admittedly I’d misquoted the word idol but inspiration is literally a quote.

7 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:
HENRY WINTER | KIERAN MCKENNA INTERVIEW

Kieran McKenna: Working with Ole and José was great but Brendan Rodgers is my inspiration

The Ipswich Town manager tells Henry Winter about the coaches who have shaped his fledgling career

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kieran-mckenna-working-with-ole-and-jose-was-great-but-brendan-rodgers-is-my-inspiration-j52stn86k

To add more to this, people have claimed he has similar traits, attributes and football intelligence as Rodgers

https://www.twtd.co.uk/amp/news/41786/ashton-mckenna-has-similar-attributes-to-rodgers-and-boothroyd

I mean there seemed to be a general groan and offence to a mere headline that we were being linked with "the new Brendan Rodgers" in Russell Martin - I see more actual links and comparison with McKenna and Rodgers than I did with Russell Martin.

What can I say, we've all been mentally scarred by Rodgers.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Cheers.

Admittedly I’d misquoted the word idol but inspiration is literally a quote.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kieran-mckenna-working-with-ole-and-jose-was-great-but-brendan-rodgers-is-my-inspiration-j52stn86k

To add more to this, people have claimed he has similar traits, attributes and football intelligence as Rodgers

https://www.twtd.co.uk/amp/news/41786/ashton-mckenna-has-similar-attributes-to-rodgers-and-boothroyd

I'm not sure Rodgers has any football intelligence. He had one style of play, he persisted with that style even when it was clearly not working, there was no alternative so when he was found out his teams are nullified. Low block combined with some counter press equals easy win! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From his overall appearance he seems lazy and probably leaves most of the work to assistants.  He also comes across as one that hasn't kept with the game as it has been changing over the years. 

He needs to loose weight and his clothing style is that of a 55 year old accountant on a casual friday at work in the office.

It's a no for me. 

Dean Smith, Manager of Leicester City, reacts on the touchline during the win over Wolves

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

From his overall appearance he seems lazy and probably leaves most of the work to assistants.  He also comes across as one that hasn't kept with the game as it has been changing over the years. 

He needs to loose weight and his clothing style is that of a 55 year old accountant on a casual friday at work in the office.

It's a no for me. 

Dean Smith, Manager of Leicester City, reacts on the touchline during the win over Wolves

Are we talking about Rodgers here?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

"After a shocking start to the season, with just one point coming in the first seven games to leave Leicester at the foot of the table, the axe could have fallen in the first international break. But it didn’t.

The reason was that while Rodgers had seemingly stopped believing in the club, Leicester’s hierarchy still very much believed in him, especially director of football Jon Rudkin.

Rudkin had worked hard to recruit Rodgers from Celtic — where he had led the Scottish giants to an undefeated domestic season and back-to-back trebles — in February 2019. They had paid good compensation for Rodgers and his staff, then rewarded him with another lucrative contract nine months later.

Rudkin and Rodgers were close. Their offices at Seagrave were next door to each other. They would communicate daily and Rodgers knew that chairman Aiyawatt “Khun Top” Srivaddhanaprabha relied on Rudkin for guidance on football matters. Rudkin was also the conduit to Khun Top, Leicester’s ultimate decision-maker.

Their relationship was the reason Rodgers was afforded more influence around the club than any manager previously, particularly on other appointments. Rudkin had an unwavering commitment to Rodgers’ training methods, message and playing philosophy, which were no longer effective with the same group of players. The alternative, to bring in fresh players, was not feasible.

https://theathletic.com/4534497/2023/05/28/leicester-relegated-what-went-wrong?source=user-shared-article

We are a very private club

tanner would obvs not have got that from rudkin ! 

With what has been going on over the last few months, I’d wonder if some members of staff could be briefing against others to try and protect themselves. although most people are of the opinion that rudders position is solid given the family’s trust in him. 

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Smith would be a crap appointment and basically an admission that we failed to attract someone better. He spent 8 games playing players who were leaving, picking the same midfield, and flopping in big games. Yes that is what had gone before, and there was a slight improvement, but the game plan was generally non existent. Daka LW ffs.

Was there another squad of players he was able to pick from then?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

I frankly don't care what they do anymore as long as they make a bloody decision!

We need to get on with the job in hand, not waste another pre season and transfer window 

We've got another 1-2 weeks if we want it max. Pre season starts I don't know 19th or 26th June I'd guess. The transfer window opening on 14th June though is a key date. Anyone other than Smith is going to need to see the players in training for what 2 weeks to make some assessments. That leaves maybe a week before the Asia tour if we start training on 26th June.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thebluefox85 said:

If Dean Smith gets the job on a permanent basics has all the ambition all but gone out of the club? and are we in for a real tough few years? Because I for one do not trust him to rebuild us into a premier league club again!

If Rudkin gives the job to Smith, I suppose we have to thank him for not giving it to Gerrard or Lampard lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thebluefox85 said:

If Dean Smith gets the job on a permanent basics has all the ambition all but gone out of the club? and are we in for a real tough few years? Because I for one do not trust him to rebuild us into a premier league club again!

Rudkin still being here and in a position to do that means that there’s no ambition in the club.

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Much worse choices out their, Deano was given a tough hand 7 games is a tough ask especially when two of your games are against Man City and Liverpool. So really he had five games, Maddie scores the pen against Everton then Deano would have achieved his mission.

...I can understand your willingness to endorse Smith, but he had 8 games to make that difference!!!

If the season had continued, we would have still struggled to win games as he could not support the defence via the midfield. His insistence on using Tielemans was someone who could not see, that he gave us little in a situation where we had to dig in.

I’m surprised that a quite a few fans would take smith maybe im seeing something different but I think he didn’t do alot at all really and as ridiculous as it sound I think Rodgers would of got the same amount of points as smith managed in those games and I wanted Rodgers out for a long time! I do think the club need to take a risk and appoint a manager that’s young and hungry and actually wants to be here and make a name for himself and not the pay packet 

• Like 1

I'm indifferent about Smith being appointed. I think under the circumstances he did okay, looking back on those 8 games it was about motivating the players, building their confidence and i get the feeling they were really unfit.

I was dissapointed he kept playing tielemens but i can understand why he did. I thought Souttar should have played more games. I thought at the time we needed to go all out attack, which he did to an extent, but in hindsight i wonder whether we should have adopted the approach against Newcastle more, nevertheless not knowing whos contract was lapsing, and the constant moaning about the Monday fixtures was a downside.

His record though 2 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses considering the state we were in, wasn't that bad. Fulham, Leeds and Everton were real let downs though

3 hours ago, Verumex said:

Crazy how some believe one jurors but not others. What the fvck would it matter the offices was next door.

Plenty of our fan base believed he was the one and some still do. Mistakes are made, and from what I'm told Rudkin realised that.

If the only fight you have is next door offices its piss poor.

Would you not expect that and even a door between them. The design of the building is for practical use. I would expect Tops office is pretty close to both.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Crazy how some believe one jurors but not others. What the fvck would it matter the offices was next door.

Plenty of our fan base believed he was the one and some still do. Mistakes are made, and from what I'm told Rudkin realised that.

If the only fight you have is next door offices its piss poor.

Would you not expect that and even a door between them. The design of the building is for practical use. I would expect Tops office is pretty close to both.

I'm going to take the word of Tanner over your mystery "source" any day, mate. 

1 minute ago, Verumex said:

I'm going to take the word of Tanner over your mystery "source" any day, mate. 

Take it.but half of what he says is obvious. You can sleep in a room next to miss world don't mean you're shagging her.

And I don't remember him saying much when I said we would sign Ricky p.

But hey ho.