Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thebluefox85

If Rudkin gives Dean Smith the job permanently!

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

I think it would have already been announced if Smith was extended.

But who knows I guess, they are so slow at doing stuff at board level.

Perhaps we are trying to finalise a couple of incoming transfer deals and don’t want to confirm who the manager will be 😀

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think it would have already been announced if Smith was extended.

But who knows I guess, they are so slow at doing stuff at board level.

I think they are possibly dragging it out with announcing he is gone incase they have to fall back on him and keep him due to not getting one of their other choices

Edited by moore_94

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I know Smith is on their radar as manager for next season. I just don’t see him as the man for the job. 

...he isn't!!!

I do wonder with Celtic having lost their manager and the names now said to be vying for the hot seat are names that we have speculated coming here and it could be the first time these names have come to the attention of Rudkin. He may now see that there are better prospects out there and he may be inclined to take a look at them. If they are available for the Celtic job, they may just be right to come here.

22 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I know Smith is on their radar as manager for next season. I just don’t see him as the man for the job. 

Who's radar though? Leeds, Celtic, ours or elsewhere? Can't expect for him to wait around if he gets other offers. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Who's radar though? Leeds, Celtic, ours or elsewhere? Can't expect for him to wait around if he gets other offers. 

Let’s hope he takes one. With Smith in charge I expect average football, nothing special, mid table, safe but boring,

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Let’s hope he takes one. With Smith in charge I expect average football, nothing special, mid table, safe but boring,

Hard to say. He did well at Villa to get them from alsorans flirting with Championship relegation to play off winners in the same season (very similar to how Cooper did at Forest in the Championship afterwards) but he won't have talented players like Jack Grealish and Tammy Abraham at his disposal with us like he did that season he got Villa up. Different times and circumstances I guess.

5 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

In hindsight id have made Rodgers stay, so his reputation was properley damaged! 

...it would have cost us more!!!

What ever the financial loss that relegation has caused, it would have cost a few more millions, due to the agreed settlement between the club and Rodgers.

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

What ever the financial loss that relegation has caused, it would have cost a few more millions, due to the agreed settlement between the club and Rodgers.

That would be most fans' nightmare - if Rodgers had stayed, having taken us down - and in the hope that he would get us back up - as many blinkered pundits were still saying would be our best outcome last season before he was (finally!) sacked - incredible! 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I am not at all impressed with how the club is run , hope the club gets sold asap.

Who is going to want to buy a club in a place in the midlands, in england that most have never heard of? No one, unless you know any rich oil countries?

These owners might not be great now, but they have been the best we are ever likely to get. We have probabaly achieved way beyond what we should have, perhaps by more luck than judgement. We are now back at square 1 ala 2010 ish. It unlikey any other owners can give us as much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Who is going to want to buy a club in a place in the midlands, in england that most have never heard of? No one, unless you know any rich oil countries?

These owners might not be great now, but they have been the best we are ever likely to get. We have probabaly achieved way beyond what we should have, perhaps by more luck than judgement. We are now back at square 1 ala 2010 ish. It unlikey any other owners can give us as much. 

So because there is no better out there we just have to bite the bullet and accept to be run poorly?

If there is accountability I am willing to give a chance to Top and co, but right now it appears the Buck is being passed to Rudkin and that seems to me to be more of the same incompetence.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I mean football is bizare in that you get a pay off for being shit. Like if I am shit, I get sacked, no pay off, tough luck, not even dole! Its no wonder there are so many jokers stealing a livng in the game. 

Just now, Happy Fox said:

So because there is no better out there we just have to bite the bullet and accept to be run poorly?

If there is accountability I am willing to give a chance to Top and co, but right now it appears the Buck is being passed to Rudkin and that seems to me to be more of the same incompetence.

Well I dont know what we can do unless the fans buy the club from Top? He owns the club, until he doesnt I guess he rund sit how he wishes. 

I mean there are some truely awful owners out there, thankfully we arent quite at that level yet.

The next manager is critical as we could go up and fight to stay up, but regardless now we are set back 10 years to the yo yo at best days, we will never challenge the top 6 again in my lifetime! even top 10. 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

.. the value of this club has climbed in a way that the owners may not have expected!!!

£27m was the cost to KP, we are valued at £450m (Transfer Market).

We are a very good route to global brand delivery and a potential foothold into the Premier League.

We are talking the club down again, I  would like people to move away from the we are a small time operation (even  though our current owner is acting this way).