Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danizen

Who's Calling Out Brendan?

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yup

Citing how he wasn't backed, that we should've kept him blah

Exactly what you think if you look at the club without actually looking 

Except Lineker, who does watch the club, thinks the same. 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 08:40, joeybside said:

In equal measurements, there's not enough pressure on the board / owner. We all see the issue re: Rudkin, yet he's both involved in conducting a review of the season and we are also led to believe that he's in London interviewing for a new Manager. That is beyond comprehension 

There’s no pressure on the board, because a decent chunk of our fanbase basically believe we’re a Championship club and won’t ever criticise the owners.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2023 at 14:44, An Away Move said:

Except Lineker, who does watch the club, thinks the same. 

I’m not saying Lineker isn’t a devout Leicester fan and a football legend, but does he actually come to many games?  I really think you had to be there this season to truly appreciate the insane decisions Rodgers made at times. 

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

I’m not saying Lineker isn’t a devout Leicester fan and a football legend, but does he actually come to many games?  I really think you had to be there this season to truly appreciate the insane decisions Rodgers made at times. 

Totally agree with you!

On 07/06/2023 at 10:09, Bob Hazels shorts said:

A 10 minute explore on Google to Rodgers and his son Aaron, their links and background speaks volumes.

I was told by the father of a first team player that money was/is Rodgers God.

His life is about making as much money as possible by lying, pushing brand Brendan and spewing out the same copy and paste tactics that the sports media swallow and call him 'elite'

You spend far too long on the internet and obsessing over Rodgers, take some time out. maybe?

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Shev said:

One thing that the Rodgers saga shows, is that the only true experts on a situation at a club are those who follow it day in day out (fans and staff). As fans, we all have quite simplistic views of clubs other than our own, but we know our own inside out. Another Leicester-related example is Rainieri's sacking. Most neutrals still have the lazy narrative of "He won them the league! How could they stab him in the back?" even with you battling relegation at the time. It is only with the context of following Leicester week in week out that the justification could be seen clearly beyond the simple fact of the league position being not good enough.

As a Wycombe fan, we have suffered from this annoyance most recently with how we got promoted during Covid, with many fans thinking we got unjustly automatically promoted from 10th or 11th on some crazy technicality. The reality is much different, and it was well deserved. 

I am sure there will be many who think Rodgers was let go of too soon. I might even think the same if I didn't follow this (excellent) forum. But the fans of a club tend to know what really went down (even if they don't all agree on every point). 

I agree.

As fans we don't know the details of the financial dealings, or the personality clashes, or the contracts and agreements within the club.  But we sit there and watch every minute of the games - not just the MOTD "highlights", or the post match interviews, or the media gossip.  Most LCFC fans have been driven mad by the constant "Brendan wasn't backed financially" statements in the media.  Yes he didn't get any money, but those of us who were there know there's a hell of a lot more to it than that!

• Like 3

Shows the level of the man scurrying back there to probably collect a few more trophies and a few Champions League games again before probably looking to exit again in a couple of years. 

I would be furious if I was a Celtic fan. Absolutely nothing to gain for Rodgers. If he had anything about him he would take the Leeds job as that will be harder. 

58 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Shows the level of the man scurrying back there to probably collect a few more trophies and a few Champions League games again before probably looking to exit again in a couple of years. 

I would be furious if I was a Celtic fan. Absolutely nothing to gain for Rodgers. If he had anything about him he would take the Leeds job as that will be harder. 

I would be disapointed in that he walked out, got sacked, and is now coming back but as you said Rodgers will collect a few more trophies and at the end of the day that's all the Celtic board want. They seem to have no ambition. Plus the SPL hasn't got enough money to compete so no doubt they will be knocked out of Europe early on. The only thing Rodgers has to prove is Europe, because he's acheived everything else there, but no manager since Lennon has even got them out of the CL group stages and that was a decade ago.

On 13/06/2023 at 22:46, Qwerty said:

I agree.

As fans we don't know the details of the financial dealings, or the personality clashes, or the contracts and agreements within the club.  But we sit there and watch every minute of the games - not just the MOTD "highlights", or the post match interviews, or the media gossip.  Most LCFC fans have been driven mad by the constant "Brendan wasn't backed financially" statements in the media.  Yes he didn't get any money, but those of us who were there know there's a hell of a lot more to it than that!

he didnt get any more money for himself:worship:

On 06/06/2023 at 13:02, Tommy G said:

BR will be waiting in the wings for the managerial sackings that usually happen between August and Christmas.

Yes, I agree. He’ll be there circling the boat waiting for the first of the top 12 or so to sack their manager. Teeth glinting in the sunlight. 

On 12/06/2023 at 19:07, Shev said:

One thing that the Rodgers saga shows, is that the only true experts on a situation at a club are those who follow it day in day out (fans and staff). As fans, we all have quite simplistic views of clubs other than our own, but we know our own inside out. Another Leicester-related example is Rainieri's sacking. Most neutrals still have the lazy narrative of "He won them the league! How could they stab him in the back?" even with you battling relegation at the time. It is only with the context of following Leicester week in week out that the justification could be seen clearly beyond the simple fact of the league position being not good enough.

As a Wycombe fan, we have suffered from this annoyance most recently with how we got promoted during Covid, with many fans thinking we got unjustly automatically promoted from 10th or 11th on some crazy technicality. The reality is much different, and it was well deserved. 

I am sure there will be many who think Rodgers was let go of too soon. I might even think the same if I didn't follow this (excellent) forum. But the fans of a club tend to know what really went down (even if they don't all agree on every point). 

Absolutely.  And even our board have all season ignored the dissent growing amongst our supporters and have been incapable of understanding the reasons, of seeing how everything was falling apart under their noses.  Some supporters have followed football for decades, much longer than pundits have, and can see the game much more in the round and especially, as you say, they are fully immersed in their own club and it's history.

• Like 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Ironic thing is because he refused to leave earlier it's cost him a high profile job, I reckon if he had walked last summer his stock was high enough to walk into a top level job, if he goes back to celtic now to repair his reputation it would be brilliant if rangers dominate for next 3-4 seasons

13 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Rockstar Rod Stewart angrily said if Brendan comes back to Celtic "it'll be like taking back a cheating wife" 😂

Needing to put the word rockstar In front of Rod Stewart's name is a pretty clever insult :appl: