Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Pre Season 23/24

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

is that an assist from our new #8 :ph34r:

Also take it thats not a full size pitch they played on

It’s the main showcase Seagrave pitch where the under 21s play 

and that’s also Vestergaard passing the ball Ricky 

Edited by CosbehFox

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s the main showcase Seagrave pitch where the under 21s play 

and that’s also Vestergaard passing the ball Ricky 

Yeah vesteegaard our new number 8. Marquee “it’ll be like a new signing” come back of all come backs

Interesting…

Takeaways based on that. If sticking with 4 at the back, with Doyle imminent does that mean someone will be on their way out? Faes not there today? 

Coady / Souttar / Doyle / Faes / Vesty 

4 at the back also means we need a more creative 8/10 - Alex Scott the obvious choice if possible. Soumaré, Choudhury and KDH alternatives as 1 of the 8’s either side of Winks sitting. 

Ndidi isn’t similar to Winks in that role - another to go? 

We desperately need a couple of wingers in!! 

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Faes was nowhere near that bad, what are you on about? He got into the Belgium squad on the back of his performances. He had issues like everyone, but nowhere near the worst. 

Mate. I'm a big fan of Wout Faes..and so was everyone else in those two decent spells we had. Punters are just so reactionary. If he were to stay (and for the haters, I think it is doubtful he will) he will be way way too good for this level 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Not sure I can accept much being described as excellent in a pre-season game that we lost to lower league opposition.

Yes I get that but equally it's our first behind closed doors pre season game. 

I the year we won the league we drew 1-1 with Mansfield in our second pre season game 

You can't make any real conclusions positive or negative from it it's mainly about fitness

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Lovely from Riccy P

It's an absolute travesty that this bloke will be in the Championship. Take injuries out he's probably in the Champions League this season. Keep him fit he'll take the piss at that level.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Wasn't he? He's one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Somehow too casual, yet rash at the same time...and watching him try to sprint after being caught out of position is painful.

Respectfully, I think you’re mental.

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Wasn't he? He's one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Somehow too casual, yet rash at the same time...and watching him try to sprint after being caught out of position is painful.

I can see your point regarding casual and too rash at times, but I would not say the worst by a long shot. 

Personally, I would look into our club a bit more and that will provide a clearer answer, as I think Kristensen and Faes are not bad signings. 

- Chairman - attended a handful of games all season and no investment all year. Incredibly hard for him to visit the place of his fathers passing. Passed on a lot of responsibly to people who his dad trusted. 

- Rudkin - From all accounts is only a 'Yes' man, he has made an incredible career by never really having an opinion. He would always ask what do you think and in meetings use the same answer. It is a skill, one I certainly can not do, but it works to a level when you actually have to do something. 

- Brendan - Didn't get what he wanted and gave up long before he should have been sacked. Constantly told players they were not good enough and fell out with most of the squad. 

- Ward - Played 28 games or so in goal, everyone could see he was miles below the level required and imagine coming in to a new back 4 with 0 confidence in the GK

- Full backs changed weekly, our best 2 were injured all season and the others seemed to be rotated every week. Bertrand picking up 75k per week as a pension for 2 years. 

- CBs - Evans was injured all season yet fit for every NI game, Soyuncu was dropped, Amartey as your cb partner as much as he is liked personally as a CB he is miles away from the level required. Vestergaard, the manager personally was on record for wanting to sign him. Demoted to train on his own.

- Ndidi is one of the best ball winning midfield players in the league. He is not technically good enough to pass the ball, but our tactics were to play out from the back with Ndidi, Amartey, Ward, Thomas. Any person could see these players are not good for this. 

- Tielemans - Did not try all season and could not wait to depart the club.

-Maddison - Tried excellently  before the World Cup and then decided to be more active on twitter than on the field. 

- Strikers- Again rotated every week, Daka starts, Kelechi, Vardy, no chance to build a connection or confidence in the strikers. 

There are so many factors in the whole team, imagine being a young player, with your big chance to move to the premier league and you are faced with all of these issues. I certainly agree Faes made errors, but to say worst signings I think this is harsh. With an organised team I think we will see a lot more from Faes and Kristensen this season. 

• Like 2