Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Pre Season 23/24

Not been reading this thread much but is it me or do our friendlies look 'light' - in terms of amount of games? (Travelling and that close to the start of the season is particularly hectic)

I don't wanna be hearing any excuses whatsoever about 'getting up to speed' or 'lack of match fitness'.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Not been reading this thread much but is it me or do our friendlies look 'light' - in terms of amount of games? (Travelling and that close to the start of the season is particularly hectic)

I don't wanna be hearing any excuses whatsoever about 'getting up to speed' or 'lack of match fitness'.

Yep :( 

4 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Not one save made by any of our keepers. Looking good lads. 

Believe it or not, these are professional footballers blasting balls at the target from 6 yards out, I'd be more worried if the keepers were making saves

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Matt said:

There’s definitely a few at Seagrave behind closed doors too, Peterborough next week

20 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I find it absolutely mental that this guy might be playing in the championship with us next season.

He was genuinely challenging Trent for the best right back in the league when Trent was at the peak of his career so far. Absolutely incredible player before his injuries but I still have hope for him.

Players like him and Justin could be vital if we were to get back promoted. They’d easily slot straight back into the Premier League.

I get the impression Ricky and Justin will be chomping at the bit, just so glad to just be playing again. Every player has an ego neither were part of the relegation really, an will want to be part of getting us back where we belong. They both know 1 good season injury free, an everything opens up for them again even if we don't get promoted.

• Like 4

I think it would be great if we could convert Ricky into a right sided cental midfielder, particularly in a 3. 

Ricardo and Dewsbury-Hall either side of Winks. Would be alright in the championship. Justin and Kristiansen as full backs. Obviously you'd need to make sure you have 2 good wingers either side a striker. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I find it absolutely mental that this guy might be playing in the championship with us next season.

He was genuinely challenging Trent for the best right back in the league when Trent was at the peak of his career so far. Absolutely incredible player before his injuries but I still have hope for him.

Players like him and Justin could be vital if we were to get back promoted. They’d easily slot straight back into the Premier League.

Better than Trent ever was. Amazing defensively and just as good going forward, albeit in a different skillsket. Think people forget just how incredible he was

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Judging by the training video's there seems to be a more competitive environment now. How different from last season, just seeing Rodgers standing around. Quite encouraging to see the new regime at work.

I used to be convinced that Rodgers was standing in a drainage ditch in the videos from the training ground only to realise that he really was a major shortarse and probably that explained his character with a serious mardy nasty little man syndrome.

Not that I despise him but if he had a paper cut on his finger, especially the one that he used to hold a pen and make notes in his little book, then I’d offer him a grenade to take away the pain.

Right, that’s it , my final Bodgers post, ever.

Onwards and upwards

2 hours ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I think it was Peter Crouch’s pod very early on during the pandemic / lockdown where they had Andy Robertson on as guest and he said Ricardo and Chilwell were the ones he and TAA would make a note of watching every week. Often gets a bit lost because he’s such an unbearable helmet just how good Chilwell could be for us at times. 

On Ricardo, I’d love him to stay if his wages are within reason and I’d love him to play 35+ league games if his body is up to it. He’d play with a cigar on at even 50% in this league and he’s so likeable but there just seems to be far too many ifs with him to be able to get fully on board with him staying should a half decent offer come in.

• Like 1