Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Pre Season 23/24

15 hours ago, Dusty said:

Faes was nowhere near that bad, what are you on about? He got into the Belgium squad on the back of his performances. He had issues like everyone, but nowhere near the worst. 

I think he is shocking tbh. Jumps in so much, so rash, decent on the ball though.

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ah, that classic Leicester fan cult hero. Run around a lot looking like you're trying but don't actually contribute much on the pitch. 

That would be more than some of them managed last season!

13 hours ago, Unique FC said:

I can see your point regarding casual and too rash at times, but I would not say the worst by a long shot. 

Personally, I would look into our club a bit more and that will provide a clearer answer, as I think Kristensen and Faes are not bad signings. 

- Chairman - attended a handful of games all season and no investment all year. Incredibly hard for him to visit the place of his fathers passing. Passed on a lot of responsibly to people who his dad trusted. 

- Rudkin - From all accounts is only a 'Yes' man, he has made an incredible career by never really having an opinion. He would always ask what do you think and in meetings use the same answer. It is a skill, one I certainly can not do, but it works to a level when you actually have to do something. 

- Brendan - Didn't get what he wanted and gave up long before he should have been sacked. Constantly told players they were not good enough and fell out with most of the squad. 

- Ward - Played 28 games or so in goal, everyone could see he was miles below the level required and imagine coming in to a new back 4 with 0 confidence in the GK

- Full backs changed weekly, our best 2 were injured all season and the others seemed to be rotated every week. Bertrand picking up 75k per week as a pension for 2 years. 

- CBs - Evans was injured all season yet fit for every NI game, Soyuncu was dropped, Amartey as your cb partner as much as he is liked personally as a CB he is miles away from the level required. Vestergaard, the manager personally was on record for wanting to sign him. Demoted to train on his own.

- Ndidi is one of the best ball winning midfield players in the league. He is not technically good enough to pass the ball, but our tactics were to play out from the back with Ndidi, Amartey, Ward, Thomas. Any person could see these players are not good for this. 

- Tielemans - Did not try all season and could not wait to depart the club.

-Maddison - Tried excellently  before the World Cup and then decided to be more active on twitter than on the field. 

- Strikers- Again rotated every week, Daka starts, Kelechi, Vardy, no chance to build a connection or confidence in the strikers. 

There are so many factors in the whole team, imagine being a young player, with your big chance to move to the premier league and you are faced with all of these issues. I certainly agree Faes made errors, but to say worst signings I think this is harsh. With an organised team I think we will see a lot more from Faes and Kristensen this season. 

It was maybe a bit inflammatory, fair enough. I agree with most of your points but with Faes;

Just feel like I have seen enough of him (along with a few others!) and would love to not have to watch him play again. 

Pretty shocked to see there are fans that rate him - One of the reasons he'll be here next year is the fact that no other team will be silly enough to take him off our hands.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

It was maybe a bit inflammatory, fair enough. I agree with most of your points but with Faes;

Just feel like I have seen enough of him (along with a few others!) and would love to not have to watch him play again. 

Pretty shocked to see there are fans that rate him - One of the reasons he'll be here next year is the fact that no other team will be silly enough to take him off our hands.

The man has one unlucky game, (one own goal from an admittedly bad decision, another from an unlucky rebound), despite playing very well throughout the rest of it, and he's poison to some people. 

Faes's positioning has been great despite that generally being a factor that gets better with age, he's usually in the right place making crucial tackles, and he launches most of our attacks when he's on the pitch.

This is all a case of people making up their mind and only seeing the worst in a player after that fact. Confirmation bias runs rife with football fans. 

If he stays at the club and plays in the Championship, there's going to be a lot of humble pie to go around, as he would be one of the best defenders in the league.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The new "Faces of" thread...

Got you covered. Might as well enjoy it before he goes!

And to think when I made that thread, people told me Timmy wasn't expressive enough!  :plancque:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Verumex said:

The man has one unlucky game, (one own goal from an admittedly bad decision, another from an unlucky rebound), despite playing very well throughout the rest of it, and he's poison to some people. 

Faes's positioning has been great despite that generally being a factor that gets better with age, he's usually in the right place making crucial tackles, and he launches most of our attacks when he's on the pitch.

This is all a case of people making up their mind and only seeing the worst in a player after that fact. Confirmation bias runs rife with football fans. 

If he stays at the club and plays in the Championship, there's going to be a lot of humble pie to go around, as he would be one of the best defenders in the league.

Bit sceptical of that - goals such as that we have away at Man United for example. Pulls himself out of the back four in attempt to win a ball and leaves his partner trying to win a foot race. Over-eager to win the ball at times. 

Can think of countless goals where the defensive line was a bloody mess. Saints away. Forest away

7 hours ago, Verumex said:

More than happy to eat a bit of humble pie, I want the club to do well after all.

My opinion isn’t just based on the Liverpool game either, I’ve watched him play over 30 times for us and the majority of them were miserable.

Everyone has an opinion though, innit. Hopefully I can come back to this thread in 12 months when he’s in the Championship TOTS, but having seen him play I’d say that is very unlikely.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Bit sceptical of that - goals such as that we have away at Man United for example. Pulls himself out of the back four in attempt to win a ball and leaves his partner trying to win a foot race. Over-eager to win the ball at times. 

Can think of countless goals where the defensive line was a bloody mess. Saints away. Forest away

Blackburn at home was particularly worrying. 

9 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

I certainly agree he made quite a few mistakes last season. I just think he showed some glimpses of quality where there is something to work with this season. I think that if we can put a consistent back 4 together, Whether is is Kristensen, Faes, Souttar + Justin or whoever is chosen. But give them 20 games together to form a parternship, we will see a better version of both Kristensen and Faes. I just think there is something worth trying this season. 

Maybe Naive of me, but I do think they were all brought into a squad where there was no cohesion at all, even to the point that the majority of the starting 11 were not good enough / or didn't try.

If we look at Fofana at Chelsea for example, most Leicester fans will say he is a brilliant CB. Yet Chelsea forums say he is awful. He moved into a team which is all over the place, same for Faes. 

3 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

More than happy to eat a bit of humble pie, I want the club to do well after all.

My opinion isn’t just based on the Liverpool game either, I’ve watched him play over 30 times for us and the majority of them were miserable.

Everyone has an opinion though, innit. Hopefully I can come back to this thread in 12 months when he’s in the Championship TOTS, but having seen him play I’d say that is very unlikely.

I think it's probably best for all of us to stop judging players on what happened last season/how players performed last season - i don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that everyone we were familiar with had their worst season at the club - so we know they can all play better; and those who were new, we almost certainly haven't seen the best of, so maybe we just need to see how they play when the team in general is putting in 100%

• Like 2