Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Pre Season 23/24

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Not for a good few years. 

I detest friendlies. I’d rather watch no football at all. 

You probably need to play your first team in at least four games for it to be properly worthwhile but that isn't likely to happen. Plus you either play much higher and/ or lower ranked sides so tough to judge where you are at.

7 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

We lost against Northampton in a friendly before we won the Championship 10 years ago...it would be a great omen if anything!

That was also the first time Pearson ever used the 352 system that eventually led to the great escape. 

I was at the game and remember being so excited to see Knocky play in the hole... but it didnt go well at all and it was shelved until we needed a miracle 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We've still got Huth on the payroll :D

Or we could bring Fuchs back in just for the preseason, and have the matches as rolling subs so he can come onto the pitch just to take set pieces and then immediately come straight off again :D 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We were largely quite impressive last pre-season too, despite all the frustration over no new signings. Then the season started and we were mingbeast.

Won a trophy, didn't we? :brendan:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

Interesting to see on the weekend who is on set piece duty. Losing both JM and YT sort of leaves us a bit short on set piece takers? 

It was apparently KDH and Nacho vs Peterborough

KDH used to takes set pieces at Luton when he was on loan there

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We were largely quite impressive last pre-season too, despite all the frustration over no new signings. Then the season started and we were mingbeast.

I seem to remember maswanhise looking rather good?  And no sign of Ward - which probably explains most of the change in quality.

17 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I seem to remember maswanhise looking rather good?  And no sign of Ward - which probably explains most of the change in quality.

Maswanhise was the summer of 2021, but agreed on Ward. Let's hope he's largely absent again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We started the first 60 minutes of the season very well. Probably some of the best footie we played last year. Had the game under control comfortably and if you watch that 60 minutes back, a lot would’ve said it was Brentford who would be in trouble last season, not Leicester. 

10 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Same old Rodgers style tiki taka crap against the posh

We are going nowhere fast

Did you want to get your point across that badly you posted the same comment in two separate threads? Also intrigued how you watched a “behind closed doors game” to come to this opinion? 

Or… let’s be honest with each other here, you are just being negative for the sake of it with no proof to you making your point other than a result.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We started the first 60 minutes of the season very well. Probably some of the best footie we played last year. Had the game under control comfortably and if you watch that 60 minutes back, a lot would’ve said it was Brentford who would be in trouble last season, not Leicester. 

That's true - my thoughts at the time were that they were in for a long season. 

TCR completely cocked it up after 60 minutes after their manager earned his corn, making smart substitution and tactical changes, he completely and utterly lost the plot sulking in the dug out 

42 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Taken from the BBC website.

Apparently we're playing Spurs in Thailand on 263rd July.

I'm really going to struggle to make it to payday this month.

Screenshot_20230714_124136_Chrome.jpg

Ffs, that's a long pre-season tour. Hope we make it back in time. 

45 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Forget the football, I’m worried about how far away the July pay date is for me

45 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

263rd of July? 

Global warming has a lot to answer for.