Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Pre Season 23/24

Still slightly scratching my head at the pre season schedule - 5 weeks in before the start of the season, only 4 games scheduled including a very silly Asian tour. 

For 8 days during the Asian tour, you question how your transfers in and out are going to operate. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Still slightly scratching my head at the pre season schedule - 5 weeks in before the start of the season, only 4 games scheduled including a very silly Asian tour. 

For 8 days during the Asian tour, you question how your transfers in and out are going to operate. 

I would expect (hope for) at least 1 or 2 behind closed door friendlies whilst we are out there

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Listening to Vincent Kompany talk about there rebuild, he said pre season they took some battering, but everyone believed in the process and everything started to come together. Whether we have 2 games or 10 in pre season it will be disjointed. We can play a lot of in house friendlies for Enzo to get his ideas over. There are affectively 3 or 4 teams with a squad of players and the U23s. Players don't all need to be I'm for the first game, just before the window closes, so there's another 4 weeks.

Edited by Beachyboy

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

As long as there's no fax machine involved... 

29 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Listening to Vincent Kompany talk about there rebuild, he said pre season they took some battering, but everyone believed in the process and everything started to come together. Whether we have 2 games or 10 in pre season it will be disjointed. We can play a lot of in house friendlies for Enzo to get his ideas over. There are affectively 3 or 4 teams with a squad of players and the U23s. Players don't all need to be I'm for the first game, just before the window closes, so there's another 4 weeks.

They also didn’t start amazing well, wasn’t till around Christmas time until they really kicked on.

7 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

They also didn’t start amazing well, wasn’t till around Christmas time until they really kicked on.

It's all the same philosophy, started with Cryuff over 30 years ago, it will take a while for us to get it, the fact Enzo has said about winning may hopefully mean we will try and pick up as many points as possible before it really sinks in.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Here’s how it works. The manager, his backroom staff and the recruitment team identify targets. They are passed on to the director of football. He then negotiates with said player and club. If a fee is agreed for one of our players and wants to leave, they are simply flown out by the bidding club and then attempt to agree terms with this club. 

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

Here’s how it works. The manager, his backroom staff and the recruitment team identify targets. They are passed on to the director of football. He then negotiates with said player and club. If a fee is agreed for one of our players and wants to leave, they are simply flown out by the bidding club and then attempt to agree terms with this club. 

Except it wont be that simple. The club will have a choice of leaving players behind because they don’t want to miss on prospective sales - par

You would also will want any prospective new player to sort out his own personal stuff such as moving locally etc. rather than that continuing into the final week before the season opener. 

You’d be burning two to three days of a players pre season doing travelling / negotiations /timezones when you just want them getting to know players on a training ground basis and getting themselves ready. 

Edited by CosbehFox

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Except it wont be that simple. The club will have a choice of leaving players behind because they don’t want to miss on prospective sales - par

You would also will want any prospective new player to sort out his own personal stuff such as moving locally etc. rather than that continuing into the final week before the season opener. 

You’d be burning two to three days of a players pre season doing travelling / negotiations /timezones when you just want them getting to know players on a training ground basis and getting themselves ready. 

You can also well imagine Rudkin will be out in South East Asia for the entire duration as well.

30 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Whether you want to believe me or not, especially regarding a player sale in this instance, this is what would happen. 

The club will not leave any player behind that would feature for us next season just in case a bid might come in.

• Like 1

Gotta speak to Maddison and say come on everyone's low balling us, you wanna go, we want to sell you put in 1 or two good performances in the Liverpool and Spurs game, we hopefully get the price we want you get to go everyone is happy.

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

Gotta speak to Maddison and say come on everyone's low balling us, you wanna go, we want to sell you put in 1 or two good performances in the Liverpool and Spurs game, we hopefully get the price we want you get to go everyone is happy.

They are training matches lol, if anyone is bidding more based on a performance in a park kickabout they're mad. He needs gone ASAP, wasted wages.

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

Everyone knows what Maddison is about and can do, he’s been doing it in the prem for 4 years now. Maddison will be gone before he would be scheduled to return to pre season training for us. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Kasey McAteer And Marc Albrighton have reported back for pre season 

IMG_9048.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

What’s the deal with McAteer? Can he step up and be part of the squad this year? Another loan? Or is it time for him to move on and make a career somewhere else?

He appears to be highly rated at the club, but in the little I’ve seen, I’m not sure what he is, he played in a lot of positions without owning any.

24 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s the deal with McAteer? Can he step up and be part of the squad this year? Another loan? Or is it time for him to move on and make a career somewhere else?

He appears to be highly rated at the club, but in the little I’ve seen, I’m not sure what he is, he played in a lot of positions without owning any.

I personally don’t think he’s good enough but let’s see

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been answered in another thread, but have the work permit issues been resolved for his coaching team yet, or are we heading into the first week of pre-season with just Enzo, Sadler & Stowell?

Edited by EnderbyFox

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Not even close to good enough