Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Pre Season 23/24

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's quite interesting. 

Don't normally buy in to reading a great deal in to these sorts of clips, even players not likely to be involved at all are clearly going to be there just getting fit and assessed (I mean, isn't that Hirst at the end?) 

But seems odd to bother changing his squad number if we expect Soumaré to be imminently on the way out the door. I think of all the players signed under Rodgers, Bouba could low key end up being one of the most to to benefit from new management.

There's undeniably been glimpses of talent there and if Enzo can coax good work rate out of him and combine it with his athleticism he could really flourish at this level. 

I can see it. 

If we do go with a 3 at the back formation. Soumaré played well in double pivot in France, so 3-4-3 type formation could suit him. Any 2 of Winks, KDH and Soumaré in midfield, with Hamza and when fit Braybrooke in reserve  would be good.

Not a body language expert but Conor Coady just exudes confidence and leadership. Looks like he has been at the club for years! 

There is no guarantee that he will perform on the pitch, just like any signing, but I think we can be pretty confident that he will be a leading voice on and off the pitch.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I might be a complete naive little slug but I don't think Harvey Barnes wants to leave here. Suppose its all about the benjamin's for both parties but my god if he stays and a few others then we SHOULD destroy this league.

As you say, it might not be his choice, but from a personal life point of view it might suit him to stay. Just about to have his first child, so being close to family support from M&D Barnes might be influential.

Vesty turned down a move due to the Mrs about to have a baby, so technically Barnes could do the same. Although, the extra £50k a week and still be playing PL football and maybe in Europe could hold a greater sway.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-8570242

14:01JORDAN BLACKWELL
Mentality?
“This is one of the targets, to understand the competition. When you play in the Premier League and you get relegated, you must adapt quickly.”

Comments
14:00JORDAN BLACKWELL
West Brom?
“I had long hair then! I spent two years there. I was young. It was an unbelievable. But it was more than 20 years ago.”

Comments
14:00JORDAN BLACKWELL
Pre-season trips?
“The pre-season has changed in the past 20 years. This is football today. You have pre-season abroad. We have to adapt to that. We have to be ready for the first game at home.”

Comments
13:59JORDAN BLACKWELL
Parma?
“I think we were on the right path, but in the end, you cannot control other people’s decisions. I learned many things. After an experience, you always try to learn things. We were on the right direction. This was just something about the past.”

Comments
.Owners?
“The ambitions were very high when I first met them. Nobody’s happy after last season. That is normal. I liked the ambition they had.”

Comments
Can players come and speak to you?
“Absolutely. No problem.”

Comments
What can you promise to fans?
“Commitment is the most important thing. They will see passion.”

Comments
13:58JORDAN BLACKWELL
Fans?
“We need the fans, especially in this moment. After last season, we need more. I don’t have any doubt over their support for this season.”

Comments
Want signings in quickly?
“It’s a normal thing to try to have them as soon as we can, so we can work with them. Every club wants the same. In this moment, the market… clubs try to keep players or get more money. But the idea is to bring in our targets as soon as possible.”

Comments
Her Life & Health
Breakthrough "Skinny Pill" Takes The UK By Storm
AMK Legal
St James's Place Pay Thousands In Compensation - Check If You Are Eligible 
by TaboolaSponsored Links
Evans?
“It’s just as we said before, we are creating a squad. We have been in contact with him. We’ll see in the next weeks.”

Comments
Adapting?
“We need to adapt. The Championship, it’s different from the Premier League. If we don’t have that, it will be a bad thing.”

Comments
13:53JORDAN BLACKWELL
Barnes leaving?
“The market is open, anything can happen. We can bring in players, but we can sell them too.”

Comments
13:53JORDAN BLACKWELL
Vardy staying?
“Absolutely, yes. He is an unbelievable player. Hopefully he can stay with us.”

Comments
13:52JORDAN BLACKWELL
How are you going to play?
“To have the ball. When they were learning the game, they were looking for a ball to play with. So we will try to have the ball as much as possible. They enjoy having the ball, not running after the opponent. We have to adapt. Leicester is different in the Championship to Premier League. Every team wants to take points off us, because we are Leicester, because we are for them, the most important team in the Championship. I saw this with Man City. Every team wants to get points against them. We have to be ready for that.”

Comments
Why Leicester?
“It’s an unbelievable club. Personally for me it’s been difficult. Since I joined Man City, we felt part of the family there. But professionally, I had no doubts. Leicester is an important club, a Premier League club. But the reality is that we are a Championship club, and we have to adapt.”

Comments
How are you as a manager?
“I always like to be like a sponge, and try to learn every day. The most beautiful thing for the players is the ball.”

Comments
13:51JORDAN BLACKWELL
Target Man City youngsters?
“We’ll see. They are not our players, so I don’t think it’s correct to talk about them. The market is long. There are many weeks. We’ll see.”

Comments
Championship?
“It’s a complicated league because many teams they are fighting to be promoted. You can win in different ways. To see the squad we create, then we will see the way we will try to achieve our target."

Comments

What did you take from Guardiola?
“You want to know if we will play the same way? It’s that idea, but as I said, it’s not tomorrow. It’s a process. The idea is to try to play one way, but that requires time. Hopefully we can do it as quick as possible.”

Comments
Man City?
“I always try to learn as much as I can. Last year was the same. It was an unbelievable season. We achieved almost all the targets. I try to learn every day, here and there."

Comments
13:50JORDAN BLACKWELL
Transfers?
“It’s difficult, when the market is open, anything can happen. At the moment, seven players had their contracts expired, Maddison left, and some more players can leave. But at the same time, if players leave, we can bring in more players.”

Comments
Coady and Winks?
“A good signal from the club. They are both very important players, not only in terms of quality, but also we are looking for players who can be examples for the young players. Conor is one of those guys, even Harry. The idea is to bring in more players with quality, not only on the pitch, but also that can help us build something important. Most of us are worried about what happens tomorrow, but we have to look forward."

Comments
Promotion?
“To be honest, because I know quite well the idea, I like to talk about the process to get promoted. If it’s this year, hopefully, if not, it’s important to build for the next three or five years."

Comments
Target?
“We all know the targets. The most important thing is to go step by step. Now, it’s to create the right squad with the right players, or at least with players we feel can fit the idea. Then it’s to create something important, then to build. The club deserve something different.”

Comments
13:47ISAAC SEELOCHAN
Foxes linked with Man City transfer
Leicester City are reportedly "exploring a move" for Manchester City defender Callum Doyle.

The 19-year-old is a product of the Citizens youth academy where new Foxes boss Enzo Maresca coached during the 2020/21 season. He is yet to play for Pep Guardiola's first team.

Doyle enjoyed a successful loan spell at Sunderland in 2021/22 where he helped the Black Cats earn promotion from League One. More recently, he spent last season on loan with Championship play-off finalists Coventry City where he made 46 appearances.

13:28JORDAN BLACKWELL
Maresca has arrived
The new manager has taken his seat. Stay tuned for updates.

Comments
13:20JORDAN BLACKWELL
Plenty of interest
There are lots of reporters here today, from local, national, and international media.

When it's a pre-match press conference before a game against Rotherham, it might not be this busy.

Commen

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I might be a complete naive little slug but I don't think Harvey Barnes wants to leave here. Suppose its all about the benjamin's for both parties but my god if he stays and a few others then we SHOULD destroy this league.

I thought he looked a bit lost, unsure of how to behave as he knows he is now the most valuable player in the squad, an that isn't his decision.