Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rank our old championship strikers

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

He scored 2 at home to Cov and that was it.

Horsefield turned us down at some point, I think before Fulham, and when he joined the expectation was so high. Failed to deliver.

Fans of a certain vintage will remember Zamora turning us down when we were in the championship. He would have been mustard if he had signed.

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Bednar is genuinely the worst player I've ever seen play for Leicester. Was it a cup game v Grimsby he got subbed at half-time? I was begging for him to be subbed after about 15 mins. Awful, awful player.

Joined us not long after his coke episode. At his last home game he obviously didn't want to be there, walked around totally disinterested until he was substituted.

Nugent

Vardy (as a championship striker) 

Yakubu

Fryatt

Wood

Howard 

Vassell

GTF

Waghorn

Beckford

Hume

Kermogant

Campbell

Kamara

Kane

Bednar

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fulham in the FA Cup?

Yes that must have been it. Weird signing he’d just failed in league one and dropped down to non league but we signed him as a back up. He was really hyped as a youngster at Everton but was pretty crap for everyone he ever played for at any level 

18 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yakubu Ayegbeni

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Iain Hume

DJ Campbell

Darius Vassell

Mark Devries

Jermaine Beckford

Trevor Benjamin

Elvis Hammond

Martyn Waghorn 

Barry Hayles

Kermorgant

Roman Bednar

Danny Cadamarteri

Some of them were outright crap and some I can't even rememebr playing for us so they get a even lower ranking 

Beckford although crap gets a slightly higher rank for scoring a hat trick against the red filth 

Does Trevor Benjamin still hold the record for the most sub appearances? 😂

11 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

Does Trevor Benjamin still hold the record for the most sub appearances? 😂

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Demarai Gray must have had more surely?

I would think Kelechi has the most sub appearances now (104 sub appearances against 102 starts in all competitions).

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Nugent

Vardy (as a championship striker) 

Yakubu

Fryatt

Wood

Howard 

Vassell

GTF

Waghorn

Beckford

Hume

Kermogant

Campbell

Kamara

Kane

Bednar

I like this is a good list if we're including only "Championship" strikers and not players like Dickov or Deane who played when it was still Division One.

Nugent was a quality player at Championship level. Although I hear people say he was a player who was "too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League", I always thought he actually had a decent season during our great escape season too and actually kept Mahrez out the side playing that number 10 role in the 3-5-2 for a while too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I like this is a good list if we're including only "Championship" strikers and not players like Dickov or Deane who played when it was still Division One.

Nugent was a quality player at Championship level. Although I hear people say he was a player who was "too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League", I always thought he actually had a decent season during our great escape season too and actually kept Mahrez out the side playing that number 10 role in the 3-5-2 for a while too.

His all round game was good, he was never particularly prolific. Scored 15 non penalty goals twice in the championship. managed 50 championship assist which is a good return.

• Like 1