Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

Retro kits

59 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I avoided the burrda shirts back then given the stories about the logo/sponsor falling apart in the wash.

I did like the tracksuit tops they had. Got great use out of those.

I'd prefer those to be re-released also.

I think the worst piece of Burda stuff I got was like a training jumper pullover type thing. The back. Was about 2 inches shortly than the front lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Is it just me but do they look really off? Like fake versions of the proper kits. I know retro versions are often not 100% identical but these look really weird.

Maybe the originals were just baggier and these 'retro' versions are made to be better fits and that's where the discrepancy is hurting my brain.

They’re probably made with better material than whatever crap Burrda was using at the time

• 3 months later...

Tbf that shirt gets away with no manufacturer logo because of the sash.

Along with the Matt Heath LG shirts though, it's gonna be in a concourse sale a couple of years from now for £5 next to all them mass produced Europa League mugs.

Even if we'd done well who the **** was gonna sit down to drink out of a mug that has Leicester's Europa Group Phase fixture list on it? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bovril said:

They're releasing kits I can't even remember us wearing now

We only wore it twice and didn't win in it..

Once was Palace away:

IMG_20201212_104225_compress11.thumb.jpg.f8525dafed96ba64e8e9e948f803a4a9.jpg

Lost 2-0.

But my I've never found out what the other game was. 

Doesn't stop it being an all time classic though! 

IMG_20210615_144511_compress11.thumb.jpg.651c97fb3f4a94ecf2bfc4cc35f27b06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is another reason why our club is a shit show being run by idiots. They would make a fortune re producing the title winning kits and the fa Cup winning kit yet they are bringing out shite kits from shite times, when we had shite players and we'd all just rather forget. Next they'll have a signed Yan Kermogant shirt alongside the signed Danny Ward shirts. I love this club but I also fcking hate it! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

This is another reason why our club is a shit show being run by idiots. They would make a fortune re producing the title winning kits and the fa Cup winning kit yet they are bringing out shite kits from shite times, when we had shite players and we'd all just rather forget. Next they'll have a signed Yan Kermogant shirt alongside the signed Danny Ward shirts. I love this club but I also fcking hate it! 

They would only be able to do the title winning kit without the Puma badges. Bearing in mind there was three of them on the shirt, I’m not sure it would sell that well.

The FA Cup winning shirt however is surely a no brainer.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The FA Cup winning shirt however is surely a no brainer.

I'm sure we were one of 4 clubs who wore that colour as an away kit that season, we just happened to wear it in the final otherwise it did nothing for me.

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'm sure we were one of 4 clubs who wore that colour as an away kit that season, we just happened to wear it in the final otherwise it did nothing for me.

Retro kits fall into 2 brackets for me: how good the kit is regardless of performance vs the memorable moments we had in that kit.

Our 15/16 kit was nothing special but it would be an instant kit if sold as a retro kit in a few years because of the memories it brings.