Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

That Europe quote is great. We have a meagre European history (maybe if previous managers hadn't feared Slavia Prague and Legia Warsaw, it might be better?) yet we've still been further in the Champions League than he has.

It must get to him that he'll never be the best or most popular anywhere he goes.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Daggers said:

Good. The more shit he signs the more his reputation tanks. 

May he be permanently followed by a cloud of midges. 

13 hours ago, Daggers said:

Good. The more shit he signs the more his reputation tanks. 

May he be permanently followed by a cloud of midges. 

His reputation as an ‘elite’ premier manager has probably gone for ever.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

See his patronising quote about a friendly against Wolves abroad somewhere?

Honestly made me sick. 

I’ve never hated someone so much in my entire life

Link, I wanna hate him more. 

It's funny how in time people who never witnessed the Rodgers era will ask 'grandad why do Leicester fans hate Rodgers so much when he took us into Europe twice and won the fa cup?' 

And we'll be scrambling to answer without using the words slimy, midget, ****.... 

He's going down as a figure of hate here and I love it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

False then, maybe.

’Its like magic’

What, a friendly v wolves? 

lol

I can't stand the man but he's said nothing wrong there. You've totally misread it I think haha.

He's not referring to Wolves or the game at all, just joking about the coincidence of playing there in pre season and wanting to play there at the end of the season in the Europa league final.

The Celtic boss will lead a side to the Aviva Stadium on July 29 to take on Wolves in a glamour friendly. The same venue will host the Europa League Final this coming season and Rodgers joked he’d love a return trip. The Irishman said: “Well there we go - as if by magic!

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol

I can't stand the man but he's said nothing wrong there. You've totally misread it I think haha.

He's not referring to Wolves or the game at all, just joking about the coincidence of playing there in pre season and wanting to play there at the end of the season in the Europa league final.

I was meaning more about this

‘That would be nice, wouldn’t it. It’s an exciting thought of course‘

That’s false/patronising IMO.

Exciting for who? The poor little Celtic fans who will be able to go abroad to watch their side play?

No friendly is ever exciting

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I was meaning more about this

‘That would be nice, wouldn’t it. It’s an exciting thought of course‘

That’s false/patronising IMO.

Exciting for who? The poor little Celtic fans who will be able to go abroad to watch their side play?

No friendly is ever exciting

Same thing... again you're definitely misreading it :D

It clearly says the context of the quote is about playing in a European final there.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Lost 1-0 to Kilmarnock today resulting in a second round exit from the league cup. 

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers: "We didn't do enough when we had the ball. We didn't show enough personality and didn't show the quality to win the game.

"You have to give all the credit to Kilmarnock. They defended strongly, got their blocks in and took one of the few chances they had in the game.

"I have to analyse ourselves, though, and the quality wasn't good enough in the game."

He used ‘personality’ and ‘quality’ this time. Presume he used ‘intensity’ when they next mess up.