Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I was always quite defensive of him up until spurs/Brighton last year (despite being utterly bemused by his Brentford non subs decision)

The more I look back, the more appalling he becomes. The wolves guy - Lopetegi (apols on spelling) had the decency to leave (amicably) as the job didn't match the brochure. Same scenario as Rodgers, except rodgers wanted his money and was prepared to scupper and torch anything and everything on his way down in some kinda spite filled rage 

He's a very difficult man to like and an even harder man to respect. 

I sometimes wonder at what point my feelings towards him will soften and when I will be able to look back at him and his time here more fondly. Afterall, we won our only FA cup with him as our manager. At the moment we are still living with the demise and I am therefore very bitter towards him. I don't think I will be able to think of him fondly until we are back to being a stable mid-table premier league club and that's probably only if we are back there quickly because  would have meant that the damage done wasn't as severe as first thought. 

21 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I sometimes wonder at what point my feelings towards him will soften and when I will be able to look back at him and his time here more fondly. Afterall, we won our only FA cup with him as our manager. At the moment we are still living with the demise and I am therefore very bitter towards him. I don't think I will be able to think of him fondly until we are back to being a stable mid-table premier league club and that's probably only if we are back there quickly because  would have meant that the damage done wasn't as severe as first thought. 

Interesting point, although I feel his mismanagement last season has ruined his reputation with us forever (for me anyway) despite the fantastic FA cup win our demise last season at his hands is unforgivable 

On 25/08/2023 at 13:27, BenTheFox said:

It’s the person he is too

Had Ranieri took us down that season, nobody would’ve hated him

Rodgers is a complete slimeball