Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

13 hours ago, Phugalu said:

Simple... we have a world class coach. I really hope he stays and gets the players he wants. Time to turn the page of amateurism.

I wanted to ask you a question on this. Did your fans think he was clearly put into OHL to integrate him into the KP set up?

In my opinion Garcia was sent to OHL by wasserman/KP to get his stats up and make him an attractive proposal to LCFC fans for when Enzo leaves.

Same agent and was on the shortlist for us in the summer, so to me seams obvious.

Looking at stats he's had a rough ride but seems to be turning the corner. I would say though I don't think he's done enough this season to get our fans excited about the prospect of him taking over.

39 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I wanted to ask you a question on this. Did your fans think he was clearly put into OHL to integrate him into the KP set up?

In my opinion Garcia was sent to OHL by wasserman/KP to get his stats up and make him an attractive proposal to LCFC fans for when Enzo leaves.

Same agent and was on the shortlist for us in the summer, so to me seams obvious.

Looking at stats he's had a rough ride but seems to be turning the corner. I would say though I don't think he's done enough this season to get our fans excited about the prospect of him taking over.

I just don't see it. There has been little movement between the clubs player-wise, let alone something like this. 

I think you are adding 2+2 and getting 22

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I just don't see it. There has been little movement between the clubs player-wise, let alone something like this. 

I think you are adding 2+2 and getting 22

I know what you mean in terms of the movement between clubs.

But he was on the managerial shortlist in the summer, and it was basically the John Morris shortlist when you think it was him, enzo, gerrard and as a long shot Potter lol 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I know what you mean in terms of the movement between clubs.

But he was on the managerial shortlist in the summer, and it was basically the John Morris shortlist when you think it was him, enzo, gerrard and as a long shot Potter lol 

If it did happen I think it would be more down to them being lazy / not having a clue what to do / being reliant on an agent rather than it having been planned for a long time

Wouldn’t be surprised if that is how they got him to Leuven in the first place - just dig out the shortlist we had for Leicester and see who is still on there rather than going out and finding someone else

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If it did happen I think it would be more down to them being lazy / not having a clue what to do / being reliant on an agent rather than it having been planned for a long time

Wouldn’t be surprised if that is how they got him to Leuven in the first place - just dig out the shortlist we had for Leicester and see who is still on there rather than going out and finding someone else

Well yeah, my point exactly lol 

Our summer shortlist was basically all from one group. 

18 hours ago, Micky said:

In summary, who are the key/top performers?

Our goalkeeper, Tobe Leysen, had been crucial in us fighting of relegation.

Other top performers are Federico Ricca (CB) and Mathieu Maertens (CM). Both were injured for a long time, which is also a big reason why we were in a relegation battle. If they hadn't been injured we would've been save a long time ago. Since they returned other players' performance have improved.

In the January window we got Franco Russo (CB) and Takahiro Akimoto (LB) in on loan with an option to buy. They're both good players and I hope we get them in on a permanent deal.

Players like Youssef Maziz (CAM), Siebe Schrijvers (CM), Jon Thorsteinsson (LW) and Ewoud Pletickx (CB) had an average season, but they can and must do better next year.

Youngsters Ezekiel Banzuzi (CM), Joel Schingtienne (CB) had a very good season and made a lot of progress. I hope we can keep them for at least another season, but there will be some interest for both of them. Richie Sagrado (RB), another youingster, did OK but still needs developing.

Our strikers were our biggest weakness. Opoku had a good run in the last couple of games last season, but never reached that level again this season. Was also injured a lot. Jonathan Braut Brunes has been the biggest flop of the year. I hope we can sell him and recuperate some of the money we paid for him (2.5 million Euros) but I highly doubt it. Nachon Nsingi did OK, but hasn't got the level you can expect from a starting striker.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

In my opinion Garcia would've never been at OHL if it wasn't for our link with Leicester.

Some sources at our club also confirm it was Leicester (Rudkin and Whelan) who appointed him as our new manager and our Belgian board didn't really have a say in it.

Garcia has always said that one day he wanted to be a manager in the Premier League, so I wouldn't be surprised if he became Leicester's new manager when Enzo leaves.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Results and standings after week 8 of the Champions Playoffs

Anderlecht 2-1 Genk
Antwerp 1-2 Cercle Brugge
Club Brugge 2-2 USG

image.png.c1b0ffb6581394c8777688b5a52728b5.png

Fixtures for round 9

Anderlecht - Club Brugge
Cercle Brugge - USG
Genk - Antwerp

Results and standings after week 8 of the Europe Playoffs

St. Truidense 2-1 KV Mechelen
Standard Liège PP Westerlo
Gent 0-1 OH Leuven

image.png.ceaba5ca1b8d05481003a352290a5e3b.png

Fixtures for round 9

St. Truidense - OH Leuven
Westerlo - KV Mechelen
Standard Liège - Gent

Results and standings after the final round (6th) of the Relegation Playoffs

Eupen 2-0 RWDM
Charleroi 3-1 Kortrijk

image.png.852cf05e1c5e87574c446c9331f218f7.png

Charleroi has won the relegation playoffs and stays in the 1st division

Kortrijk will face Lommel (winner of the promotion playoffs in the 2nd division) in the Relegation/Promotion final. The winner of this final (2 games) will play in the 1st division next season, while the loser will play in the 2nd division.

RWDM and Eupen have been relegated. They will be replaced with Beerschot, who won the 2nd division and Dender who finished 2nd.

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

On 18/05/2024 at 17:05, moore_94 said:

Our Leuven friends, would this be to replace Ariel Jacobs or to work under him?

He'll replace Jacobs, who'll return to his role as an advisor

Results and standings after round 9 of the Champions Playoffs

Anderlecht 0-1 Club Brugge
Cercle Brugge 1-2 USG
Genk 1-0 Antwerp

image.thumb.png.8d3c5c83220e4ab168771d9b0527bcfd.png

Fixtures for round 10

USG - Genk
Antwerp - Anderlecht
Club Brugge - Cercle Brugge

Results and standings after round 10 in the Europe playoffs

St. Truidense 1-1 OH Leuven
Westerlo 0-2 KV Mechelen
Standard Liège 1-4 Gent

image.thumb.png.79f9421cad2667210b41fe3beb830ae2.png

Fixtures for round 10

Gent - St. Truidense
OH Leuven - Westerlo
KV Mechelen - Standard Liège

Result of the 1st leg of the Promotion/Relegation Final

Lommel 0-1

Kortrijk

2nd leg will be played on Sunday May 26th. The winner will play in the first division next season, while the loser will play in the 2nd division.

On 06/05/2024 at 08:06, Ric Flair said:

Maziz is PL material IMO

He's not.

On 12/05/2024 at 23:17, Micky said:

In summary, who are the key/top performers?

Leysen has the potential to go very, very far. Made two or three grave errors (always on crosses, his biggest working point), but already an amaing shot stopper, insane reflexes and very good on the ball with both left and right. Comes from the same academy as Thibaut Courtois, Koen Casteels and more recently Maarten Vandevoordt who will RB Leipzig next season. 

Schingtienne at the back has also made some impressive progress. Something between a full back and a central defender, he excels on the right in a three man defense where he can move up with the ball. 

The same goes for Banzuzi, 19-year old Dutchman in midfield, who's start was rather difficult but he's really blossoming under Garcia. Another one to watch.

On 13/05/2024 at 11:41, Ryy said:

100% Youssef Maziz

To expand on the above, Maziz has done very well stats wise but he's very erratic in his performances, which is why I wouldn't rate him as top. It's a mentality issue with him, as he's quite clearly a very, very, very good football player. The same can be said for Thorsteinsson by the way. Both players who sometimes have it a little too easy, which results in them slacking off.

On 18/05/2024 at 17:05, moore_94 said:

Our Leuven friends, would this be to replace Ariel Jacobs or to work under him?

I'm praying for it. Jacobs was part of the problem, and Csepregi is a potentially very good replacement. He set up the team that won the second division with basically no budget, together with our new CEO (which adds another link to him). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Results and standings after the final round of the Champions Play-offs

USG 2-0 Genk
Antwerp 3-1 Anderlecht
Club Brugge 0-0 Cercle Brugge

image.thumb.png.80a252c946ce8bce1f94e6b689c23c1f.png

Club Brugge won the league and qualified for the Champions League group stage

Union St-Gillois qualified  for the 3th qualifying round of the Champions League

Anderlecht qualified for the Europa League play-offs

Cercle Brugge qualified for the 2nd qialifying round of the Europa League

Genk will face Gent (winner of the Europe play-offs) in 1 game. The winner qualifies for the 2nd qualifying round of the Conference League

Results and standings after the final round of the Europe Play-offs

Gent 2-0 St. Truidense
OH Leuven 1-2 Westerlo
KV Mechelen 3-2 Standard Liège

image.thumb.png.cee79253a81adc227d148a8bdfc986fc.png

Gent will face Genk (5th in Champions Play-offs)  in 1 game. The winner qualifies for the 2nd qualifying round of the Conference League

Final standings of the Relegation Play-offs

image.thumb.png.5094b2201d9daa67756b136d59d06684.png

Charleroi won the Relegation Play-offs and stays in the 1st division.

Kortrijk finished second and qualified for the Relegation/Promotion Final against Lommel, who won the Promotion play-offs in the 2nd division. Kortrijk won 5-2 on aggregate and will stay in the 1st division, while Lommel will stay in the  2nd division.

RWD Molenbeek and Eupen drop down to the 2nd division, while Beerschot and Dender have been promoted the the 1st division.

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...