Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Managers - They used to manage us

And so it begins lol. Chelsea fans are a lot lot worse in many regards especially patience. When there is that much money in that club just being wasted fans are over entitled. Like infants not liking certain flavors and spitting it out. For Enzo’s sake hope he gets off to a flying start like he did with us otherwise it will get really messy by Christmas. He’s gonna wish he was back at Leicester. Let’s wait and see if he posts the same threat that he’ll walk if they don’t like his style.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

And so it begins lol. Chelsea fans are a lot lot worse in many regards especially patience. When there is that much money in that club just being wasted fans are over entitled. Like infants not liking certain flavors and spitting it out. For Enzo’s sake hope he gets off to a flying start like he did with us otherwise it will get really messy by Christmas. He’s gonna wish he was back at Leicester. Let’s wait and see if he posts the same threat that he’ll walk if they don’t like his style.

When there is so much money being spent on a team I'd suggest the fans are entitled to expect that to produce something better than they've had recently although they maybe should give Enzo time before losing it.

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Looks like a golf caddy.

Yup It's the way he worn it is totally wrong.... he's worn it at a diagonal angle when he should be wearing it more horizontally.... maybe he needs to tighten it up abit or get a smaller size

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

29 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

People might say it's petty and sad but I'm going to say told you so to every single person on here every week he loses until he's sacked because I am absolutely sick of the "we won the league so his style clearly works" bullshit. 

What if he wins his first 10 games and then loses the 11th....are you still giving it the big "I told you so" then?

27 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

What if he wins his first 10 games and then loses the 11th....are you still giving it the big "I told you so" then?

He won't have Rotherham and Cardiff sticking 10 men behind the ball now. 

On 25/07/2024 at 15:43, AKCJ said:

The best managers and the best teams play this way.

Manchester City with a £80m player in each position do. Likewise Arsenal have now spent about £600m. 

It would make more sense if you had an example of a poor team that started playing like this and it achieved results. That's what good managers with good tactics do isn't it?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Manchester City with a £80m player in each position do. Likewise Arsenal have now spent about £600m. 

It would make more sense if you had an example of a poor team that started playing like this and it achieved results. That's what good managers with good tactics do isn't it?

We were a success last season playing that way.

You know what else is common denominator aswell?....We had the best and most expensive players in that league, just like most other successful teams.

I said it last season, the 'top' teams (Of which, in the Championship we were) have to play that way to an extent because the so called 'lesser teams' (I hate that phrase, so disrespectful) tend to sit back and defend, and fwiw I somewhat enjoyed the style to an extent last season, I saw a reason for us to do it and understood it, but now we find ourselves back in the Premier League and in this league no-one outside the top 6 (And even sometimes not even some of them in the top 6) have any business or reason to play that way - not exclusively.

Edited by Matt

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

We were a success last season playing that way.

You know what else is common denominator aswell?....We had the best and most expensive players in that league, just like most other successful teams.

I said it last season, the 'top' teams (Of which, in the Championship we were) have to play that way to an extent because the so called 'lesser teams' (I hate that phrase, so disrespectful) tend to sit back and defend, and fwiw I somewhat enjoyed the style to an extent last season, I saw a reason for us to do it and understood it, but now we find ourselves back in the Premier League and in this league no-one outside the top 6 (And even sometimes not even some of them in the top 6) have any business or reason to play that way - not exclusively.

Okay I can agree with this.

What worried me was that Enzo would have played like this and after getting beat 4-2 against Chelsea he was just happy with played his way. We'd have just heard that countless amount of times as we went straight back down.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Out of interest, do you have an example of a poor team achieving results?

If you mean an unfancied team then Brighton.

But the inverted fullbacks is a pretty new concept and maintaining posession is a facet of pretty much every successful team since the turn of the century. Our title win and Atletico Madrid's title win are pretty much the only teams that would happily give the ball away to other teams.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Yes Kompany wouldn't change from his possession based game plan at Burnley last season. Their squad didn't have the quality needed to play that way and it got them relegated.

Worked out well for him personally though as he got the gig at Bayern Munich! :dunno:

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

But the inverted fullbacks is a pretty new concept and maintaining posession is a facet of pretty much every successful team since the turn of the century. Our title win and Atletico Madrid's title win are pretty much the only teams that would happily give the ball away to other teams.

No issue with wanting the ball more. I am not a fan of inverted full backs. Supposed to give us more solid in the transition but our wingers were so easy to defend against once teams realised they weren't getting any support. I also felt like we were actually caught out a lot down the right hand side back end of last season so didn't really see it giving us any more at the back.

The whole risk and reward motto made little sense when the centre backs would send us all to sleep passing it around. It seemed to be taking the risk away rather than being this risky brand of football it was labelled.

41 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The Pearson great escape was an example of changing formation and style to turn around results for one example. 

49 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

No issue with wanting the ball more. I am not a fan of inverted full backs. Supposed to give us more solid in the transition but our wingers were so easy to defend against once teams realised they weren't getting any support. I also felt like we were actually caught out a lot down the right hand side back end of last season so didn't really see it giving us any more at the back.

The whole risk and reward motto made little sense when the centre backs would send us all to sleep passing it around. It seemed to be taking the risk away rather than being this risky brand of football it was labelled.

Our wingers were never easy to defend against.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Who branded it risky football? It was all about control of the ball to prevent risks.

The inverted fullbacks give wingers more space because there's no room in the middle of the pitch. Teams have to overload the middle against a team playing the 3-2-4-1 that we played because we essentially had 4 centre midfielders. That's why Mavididi and Fatawu had such productive seasons.