Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Given 15 points usually does it for safety, we're already in a position of not needing to worry about a relegation battle.

Rode our luck a bit and I'm still not convinced by Whelan but Petermann is a fantastic signing already. Half way to being our record WSL goalscorer and she's only played 2 games

Got away with one there! Evertons missed penalty, the open goal that the italian girl missed for them, and the linesman needing an appointmaent a specsavers tomorrow saved our bacon.  Decent first 25 minutes first half, but faded. Second half we were shocking, apart from one piece of quality.

We should have enough to stay up, but any thoughts of a mid to higher end finish looks fanciful on todays showing.

• Like 1

My first game today, thought Leitzig, Tierney and Howard did well. O'Brien did well first half but there was no one to hit in the box as she got into good positions to cross. Rode their luck, looked like they were spent by 75 mins. 3 points, clean sheet, something to build on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Given 15 points usually does it for safety, we're already in a position of not needing to worry about a relegation battle.

Rode our luck a bit and I'm still not convinced by Whelan but Petermann is a fantastic signing already. Half way to being our record WSL goalscorer and she's only played 2 games

Yeh for me Whelan is a weak link, but she's the captain and there were plenty of other areas to upgrade (many have been)

Petermann and Leitzig show how important it is to have quality at the sharp end of both ends of the pitch. 

Leitzig has been a complete wall since her loan last year.

Petermann looks to be able to take the chances we create when you consider our top goal scorers in the last two seasons managed 2 and Lena has 2 in 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Petermann and Leitzig show how important it is to have quality at the sharp end of both ends of the pitch. 

Leitzig has been a complete wall since her loan last year.

Petermann looks to be able to take the chances we create when you consider our top goal scorers in the last two seasons managed 2 and Lena has 2 in 2. 

...she did not look favourite to get the ball played through by Tierney,  but when she shot I did think it was the side netting!!!

Good finish from where she was, we needed someone of this ability being able to finish.

Missy Goodwin looked pretty frustrated, either with herself or the role she has asked to play out there. Normally she just gets on with things, her body language wasn't positive in the main.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Thought Sophie Howard had a blinder in defence. Gonna grab a season ticket, can't believe how bloody cheap they are.  

*Checks prices* Ooh.  Too far for me, but I wonder if my friend in Leicester will be interested...?  (I know the Arsenal Women's tickets are double that.)

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Thought Sophie Howard had a blinder in defence. Gonna grab a season ticket, can't believe how bloody cheap they are.  

I travel from Warwickshire, costs me more to park than what it works out per game. Howard was brilliant. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

United away on Sunday after tonight's cup game, 12 o'clock kick off, link to the tickets is on the City women ticket page if anyone wants to know

...let's hope we play like the first game and not the majority of the last game!!!

In the last quarter of the last game, something just switched, we became positive and looked to go forward with more purpose and our passing became 50% better. One moment of absolute quality gained us the points, but it depends on which Leicester City turns up on the day.

Petermann gives us the composure we have lacked upfront, Rantala is also composed in midfield and Sophie Howard is solid as always. Leitzig is the catalyst for last season's survival although she appears to be a little hesitant and slightly unsure this season. Her biggest asset was her great goal-stopping, but the fact that she was so decisive, made the other defenders around her lives easier as there was always panic when we came under pressure in our box.

On 08/10/2023 at 18:08, smudger63 said:

Got away with one there! Evertons missed penalty, the open goal that the italian girl missed for them, and the linesman needing an appointmaent a specsavers tomorrow saved our bacon.  Decent first 25 minutes first half, but faded. Second half we were shocking, apart from one piece of quality.

We should have enough to stay up, but any thoughts of a mid to higher end finish looks fanciful on todays showing.

On your way to collecting those ‚‘‘could of points’‘for the opposition,drop in at the corner shop,and look at history over the years,months,weeks, we could of stamped our cards with ‚‘‘‘should of points‘‘….

swings n roundabouts,sometimes it’s a good feeling to see the ball drop in our favour, & we can fill our pond with Goldfish,with

ref‘s & linesmen calling the wrong shots..

If sport or football would follow the should ofs, & could ofs,plus the maybe regulations…

We wouldn’t have to go on this merry go round of emotions every week…and listen to twonks telling us every week how our lucky we are,and then every team can come last..=

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1