Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

'Leicester building something special'

FT: Man Utd 1-1 Leicester

282fdec0-e755-4f59-8173-836d4844c46e.jpg

Vicki Sparks

BBC commentator, speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live

This start to the season for Leicester has been nothing short of remarkable.

They only just stayed up in the WSL last season, Kirk said that was the biggest achievement of his managerial career but my word are they building something special this season.

Sounds familiar!

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Not surprising that both goals were from set pieces as neither side looked like they would scored from play even then they were both poor from a defensive perspective.

Tough physical game, ref was subtly but MU biased.

Thoroughly  deserved the point

Do we get a fine for 5 yellow cards

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

I think the media coverage of WSL, especially sky is really shameful, the bias seems even worse than the mens game.

Chelsea win to come back to top of table, then the only newer article then that from all of yesterday's games is about Arsenal's comeback.  Looking at their news page for the WSL, its dominated by Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City.

This kind of stuff is what leads to biased refereeing as well.

The MoTD equivalent is much the same, show the ‘big’ clubs then try and sell the best players of the rest the only link to Leicester is “it won’t be long before Leitzig gets a move to a big club..”

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The MoTD equivalent is much the same, show the ‘big’ clubs then try and sell the best players of the rest the only link to Leicester is “it won’t be long before Leitzig gets a move to a big club..”

Found it, think I will stick to just watching us on FA player.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

...I missed the first half and managed to watch the start of the second half up to the point where we scored!!!

There are still a lot of mistakes and decision-making is still bad, still not like us playing it around at the back, as we look like we are losing a goal most time when pressed.

Kirk when interviewed said he was unhappy, especially with the first half as he felt that they were not playing in the way that he wanted and how they had trained. He was happier with the second half and his changes, staying with the plan.

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I think the media coverage of WSL, especially sky is really shameful, the bias seems even worse than the mens game.

Chelsea win to come back to top of table, then the only newer article then that from all of yesterday's games is about Arsenal's comeback.  Looking at their news page for the WSL, its dominated by Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City.

This kind of stuff is what leads to biased refereeing as well.

Precisely why the women's league should be self-financing and not linked to the men's clubs. It's one thing to ground share but having the same clubs controlling both leagues is just dull. It's too far gone though to change it.

5 hours ago, AlwaysBlue said:

Just asking but is it possible to open a new forum the the women's team so that I don't have to scroll down the topics to look for updates?  If it's possible, I think they at least deserve a space of their own, especially with their achievements so far this season and hopefully ongoing?

be easier for the mods to pin this thread

• Like 3