Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

don't forget they are still basically a new team it was only when KP took control they were taken seriously and this is their 3rd season playing at the KP, keep playing this well and attendance will go up. You really think Arsenal & Chelsea would be drawing big crowds if it took them until after Christmas to score a point the previous 2 years?

Doing everything they can to sign a Lioness would obviously be a boost

• Like 2

Be good to see a few more travelling away, was a decent enough amount at United the other week

Next game is Liverpool away on Sunday the 5th November, 2pm Kick Off at Prenton Park, men's game is the Friday night so no clashes

Come and have a watch from the "cowshed end"

Tickets

• Like 1

On 22/10/2023 at 21:56, Jimmy said:

don't forget they are still basically a new team it was only when KP took control they were taken seriously and this is their 3rd season playing at the KP, keep playing this well and attendance will go up. You really think Arsenal & Chelsea would be drawing big crowds if it took them until after Christmas to score a point the previous 2 years?

Doing everything they can to sign a Lioness would obviously be a boost

They have the advantage the media love them are promoting those clubs like crazy.

Always going to be harder for us.

I would like to see the club offer free attendance to all season ticket holders and members though.

On 22/10/2023 at 22:23, LCFCJoe96 said:

Be good to see a few more travelling away, was a decent enough amount at United the other week

Next game is Liverpool away on Sunday the 5th November, 2pm Kick Off at Prenton Park, men's game is the Friday night so no clashes

Come and have a watch from the "cowshed end"

Tickets

Bump

On 25/10/2023 at 14:05, Chrysalis said:

They have the advantage the media love them are promoting those clubs like crazy.

Always going to be harder for us.

I would like to see the club offer free attendance to all season ticket holders and members though.

...loss leaders, are perhaps maybe the way to go!!!

Many are not convinced about the quality of what is on offer, but after taking in a game or two, there will be a sizeable uptake down the line. We cannot offer indefinite free tickets, but a month (possibly 2 games) where a Season Ticket Holder or Membership gets you in free then happy days. You can always make some money on food and drinks, with the fan store making a good trade.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Many are not convinced about the quality of what is on offer, but after taking in a game or two, there will be a sizeable uptake down the line. We cannot offer indefinite free tickets, but a month (possibly 2 games) where a Season Ticket Holder or Membership gets you in free then happy days. You can always make some money on food and drinks, with the fan store making a good trade.

Interested to see if tomorrow night's game see's any uptick in attendance for us.

A1, B1 & B2 have already sold out for Arsenal but that's the Arsenal factor for you

• Like 1

...Petermann and Rantala are experienced players who should bring composure to their teammates around them!!!

It is essential that they maintain that level of professionalism and help to take the panic out of the players in the last third. We do tend to rush the push forward, releasing the ball before the support gets into the box.

In the last game, we were attempting to release our Rightsided player who was hugging the line all night. She hasn't got the pace to outrun their defenders, and the pass needed to be so accurate that it would go out of play as she was so close to the touchline. We were constantly trying this as an out ball, it was never going to produce any success for us.

Howard and Bott were solid on the night, Howard has always been a big asset to us mopping up at the back. Rose has a lot of international caps, but I fail to see any level of quality that she brings. 

I wonder if using Draper would be a good move, I have never seen her play, so not sure of what exactly she brings, but the word is that she has a lot of talent, and I suspect that looking at her, she has an old head on young shoulders.

On 26/10/2023 at 22:15, sacreblueits442 said:

...Petermann and Rantala are experienced players who should bring composure to their teammates around them!!!

It is essential that they maintain that level of professionalism and help to take the panic out of the players in the last third. We do tend to rush the push forward, releasing the ball before the support gets into the box.

In the last game, we were attempting to release our Rightsided player who was hugging the line all night. She hasn't got the pace to outrun their defenders, and the pass needed to be so accurate that it would go out of play as she was so close to the touchline. We were constantly trying this as an out ball, it was never going to produce any success for us.

Howard and Bott were solid on the night, Howard has always been a big asset to us mopping up at the back. Rose has a lot of international caps, but I fail to see any level of quality that she brings. 

I wonder if using Draper would be a good move, I have never seen her play, so not sure of what exactly she brings, but the word is that she has a lot of talent, and I suspect that looking at her, she has an old head on young shoulders.

I'd have given Draper the last 10 against Man City, she knows where the net is, worth a gamble. 

• Like 1

See the headline of a BBC article stating "Little Leicester aren't so little anymore".

This just personifies how the media views Leicester City FC. 

Remember the disparaging comments made when the men won the title in 2016.

They just hate it when a so-called unfashionable Club does good.

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

See the headline of a BBC article stating "Little Leicester aren't so little anymore".

This just personifies how the media views Leicester City FC. 

Remember the disparaging comments made when the men won the title in 2016.

They just hate it when a so-called unfashionable Club does good.

The headline is a direct quote from the manager

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/10/2023 at 19:40, sacreblueits442 said:

This is why I mentioned FNF from the 90s. We were regularly getting 12-16k for reserve games because of the price point and the buzz around the club at that time. The merch sales alone would have easily covered the costs involved AND all those kids that can't get near a mens first team game or whose parents simply can't afford it get introduced to the club, the atmosphere, the team. I doubt anyone is left at the club from those days but along with Fox Leisure it was one of Pierpoint's better money-spinning ideas.

• Like 3