Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Developing nicely, last season we scored 15 goals in 22 games at 0.68 per game.

This season we have scored 10 in 7 that's 1.42 per game.

Last season we conceded 48 goals 2.18 goals per game, this season 1.87 so far.

A bit more defensive reinforcement and we will have a good side.

Fun to watch too.

Last season was such a drag early on.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

Leitzig was tremendous again. Unfortunately Petermann is struggling and needs someone alongside her, maybe it's Denny Draper who came on as a late sub but need to get someone closer to her up top. Still lack a solid DM, Tierney gets through a lot of work, not been convinced with Thibaud, Whelan or Rantala so far but Cayman is showing her experience and looks a solid signing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Leitzig was tremendous again. Unfortunately Petermann is struggling and needs someone alongside her, maybe it's Denny Draper who came on as a late sub but need to get someone closer to her up top. Still lack a solid DM, Tierney gets through a lot of work, not been convinced with Thibaud, Whelan or Rantala so far but Cayman is showing her experience and looks a solid signing.

...Rantala's shot at goal after it was ruled that we had fouled the Spurs player just outside their box!!!

That finish would probably have won the goal of the season, absolute beauty, bending it into the top corner, effortlessly. We need to be looking to shoot from outside the box and bending the ball into the top corners is the way to go. If there is one aspect of goalkeeping in the women's game that is weak, it is the inability for keepers to get across their goal to anything placed high into the corners of their goal, we need to exploit this, with talents such as Rantala.

On 19/11/2023 at 21:27, sacreblueits442 said:

...Rantala's shot at goal after it was ruled that we had fouled the Spurs player just outside their box!!!

That finish would probably have won the goal of the season, absolute beauty, bending it into the top corner, effortlessly. We need to be looking to shoot from outside the box and bending the ball into the top corners is the way to go. If there is one aspect of goalkeeping in the women's game that is weak, it is the inability for keepers to get across their goal to anything placed high into the corners of their goal, we need to exploit this, with talents such as Rantala.

Think Rantala has been solid. Good engine and aggressive, oh and she has a pretty good strike on her.

• Like 1

Bit disappointed with the attendances at our home games, only averaging around 2000.

Although a decent crowd for the Arsenal game.

One would have thought that for the price of match tickets many more people would be coming to support them.

Don't know whether it's last seasons results that have had an effect.

We are a different team this season and are playing some decent football, the exception being the second half against Arsenal!

For anyone that has never bothered to attend I suggest you come and see a match, it's a good friendly atmosphere and some reasonable football played.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, demon_dog said:

Bit disappointed with the attendances at our home games, only averaging around 2000.

One would have thought that for the price of match tickets many more people would be coming to support them.

We are a different team this season and are playing some decent football, the exception being the second half against Arsenal!

For anyone that has never bothered to attend I suggest you come and see a match, it's a good friendly atmosphere and some reasonable football played.  

I thought there’d be a kick-on after the Lionesses game, but there hasn’t been at all.

The attendance against Arsenal was decent, but it was because of the amount of away fans!

11 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I thought there’d be a kick-on after the Lionesses game, but there hasn’t been at all.

The attendance against Arsenal was decent, but it was because of the amount of away fans!

...I would suspect it is very much to do with success!!!

We have laboured in this league for three seasons, we lack the names that your Arsenal and Chelsea carry and very much interlopers in this division. 

There is scope to build a team to be giving the big clubs a good game, we just need to assemble a team where we are discerning in what we do.

4 hours ago, demon_dog said:

You can take a horse to water but you can’t make it drink 

Is it hard to get ticket for the women's game? I plan to go to one when am back in Leicester for a few days would go to men's game to but I know ain't ever getting ticker for them, with all the points and Co system they have. (Miss the days you can turn up and get tickets) so was wondering if it the same for the women's game.

1 hour ago, TeamRocket said:

Is it hard to get ticket for the women's game? I plan to go to one when am back in Leicester for a few days would go to men's game to but I know ain't ever getting ticker for them, with all the points and Co system they have. (Miss the days you can turn up and get tickets) so was wondering if it the same for the women's game.

Tickets are easy to obtain.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...seem to have the knack of scoring first at the moment, we just need to believe we are good enough to win these games without dropping our levels to safeguard our leads!!!

From the games I've seen they do tire badly in the second half. Perhaps their fitness levels aren't yet what they could be.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

From the games I've seen they do tire badly in the second half. Perhaps their fitness levels aren't yet what they could be.

...they look at the bench as the "finishers" of the game, the ones you bring on for the extra legs to maintain a certain tempo or tighten up at the back!!!

The depth is not quite there and sometimes players are kept on longer than they should be. The conditioning level needs to be right up there, it probably is not where it should be at the moment.