Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

At essentially the half way point:

2021/22: F14 A53

2022/23: F15 A48

2023/24: F15 A21 (extrapolated to a full 22 game season F33 A46).

Big thing is Kirk has massively fixed our attack. Near enough half way through the season and we've already got as many goals as in either of the last two seasons. Defence still plodding along as is. It's not as bad as some are making out but what is obvious is how inexperienced this team are at actually taking leads and so managing them. We've dropped 8 points from winning positions (1-0 v man Utd, spurs and west ham and drew, 2-0 up v arsenal and lost, and v Brighton and drew) - had we seen those out we'd be 4th on GD and 1 point off arsenal in third. That said, we've taken the lead in 7 games this season, only 13 across the previous two seasons combined. 

But haven't we just signed better players?  Can he be credited for the improvement or was it just a result of improving the team?

15 hours ago, Big Dave said:

I have watched a few games now, and I agree - it is a difficult watch.

Apart from the top few teams, the quality really is rather poor. Probably why the crowds are (generally) still very small and not attracting too many of the typical mens team fans.

The FA or whoever has been in charge should have adopted rules to prevent a few teams hogging all the best players early on, so whats happened is inevitable.

12 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Really poor first half, and lucky to get away with 0-0 at half time. 

Still maintain Kirk is slow to react with subs etc but he had limited options today with a very young bench. 

Janina is very good in goal but her footwork and distribution needs work. 

Again we've not stopped the cross and it's cost 2 points, need O'brien back and hopefully the Japanese girl can add some quality too. 

Got to be the lowest crowd of the season today, was bloody freezing though. 

We missed Howard for those last 20 mins.

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

But haven't we just signed better players?  Can he be credited for the improvement or was it just a result of improving the team?

I mean isn't he in charge of recruitment there as well? Don't think Rudkin has his hands on the womens team. But tbf we did see it start last season, 2 goals under Bedford (one an own goal), 13 under Kirk after he took charge roughly halfway through the season 

For those who don't go based on the football being poor it's not like there hasn't been years of watching poor football from the men's team over the years. The club are offering ridiculously cheap ticket at about £8 a match and £40 odd for a season ticket. I wouldn't disagree with quality issues last season but this year we have made some good quality signings with more in the pipeline. Some of the sloppy mistakes can be ironed out of this team and outside of the top teams they really aren't far away from being a consistent team that are pretty good to watch.

Stop being football snobs and chuck £8 out your wallets and give it go.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

For those who don't go based on the football being poor it's not like there hasn't been years of watching poor football from the men's team over the years. The club are offering ridiculously cheap ticket at about £8 a match and £40 odd for a season ticket. I wouldn't disagree with quality issues last season but this year we have made some good quality signings with more in the pipeline. Some of the sloppy mistakes can be ironed out of this team and outside of the top teams they really aren't far away from being a consistent team that are pretty good to watch.

Stop being football snobs and chuck £8 out your wallets and give it go.

I honestly think it either needs to be free or a couple of quid per game.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

If people aren't interested at £8 they aren't going even if it's free. I think that's shit. Even worse than what they think the football is. 

To some people £8 is still a lot of money, we are in a cost of living crisis.  Remember there is still the travel expenses etc.

Target the market who cant afford to go to the mens game.

If you think £8 is nothing then whats the harm in charging £8 less, its nothing right?

Edited by Chrysalis

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

To some people £8 is still a lot of money, we are in a cost of living crisis.  Remember there is still the travel expenses etc.

Target the market who cant afford to go to the mens game.

If you think £8 is nothing then whats the harm in charging £8 less, its nothing right?

People aren't going because they think the football is sh*t not because £8 is too expensive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

People aren't going because they think the football is sh*t not because £8 is too expensive.

Have you asked them that?

Its business 101, to get people through the doors, make it as cheap as possible, the mens game doesnt need it as its an already built brand, but clearly £8 is too much given the attendance levels.

If we ever do it make it free and the attendance doesnt go up then I will accept your point. :)

We had almost 2 years of shit football under Rodgers, yet people kept going.

Edited by Chrysalis

Conti Cup game against Everton moved to the Pirelli. Got half a chance of getting out the group as one of the best runners up (Spurs group pretty much guaranteed one of those slots) if a few results going our way.

Need to beat Everton in 90 with Man United beating Man City, Villa beating Sunderland and then it’d come down to goal difference with the group E team assuming the expected results happen there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3831337/i-feel-at-home--how-a-bayern-munich-prodigy-migrated-to-belvoir-drive/featured?lang=en

Janina Leitzig feels at home at LCFC Women - a key reason behind her decision to sign permanently for the Club in the summer. A career which has taken her from Hoffenheim to Bayern Munich now sees her established as a leading light in the Barclays Women’s Super League and the German shot-stopper is eager for more.

• Like 2