Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

1 hour ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

The way she was talking the other week she's gonna be playing even further up the pitch/a more attacking mid role rather than moving back to defence.

Bott/Cayman, Howard/Green, Thibaud, Nevin/Ale is obviously still too light in the middle but there's probably enough there with Bott & Nevin both having played at CB for previous clubs/country

Thibaud, now that she seems to have settled, is the only one I really rate in the middle.  I thought the signing of Ale might mean one of the previous full backs would move inside, but there is no sign of that yet.  It won't matter this season but going forward improvement in central defence is definitely needed.

As I frequent this thread more than any other it's probably time to come clean and explain that after a quarter of a century of following women's football I only support the Lionesses and am neutral regarding club football (in the men's game it's the opposite - I only care about Leicester and I don't give a toss about England or any league Leicester are not in).  I have history that makes me reluctant to commit to Leicester going back to their ultimately unsuccessful attempts to manipulate the County Cup in 2016-17 (I know how to bear a grudge!).  My team from then no longer exists at the same level though that night of celebrating with them at the Baracuda Bar will never be forgotten.  I'm still on the committee of that club which now primarily runs junior teams.  I watch all the WSL as a neutral including Leicester's games but I'm finding a lot of likeable characters in the squad, especially the horrifically unfortunate Hannah Cain, so I'm slowly coming around. 

In the meantime it's interesting to see the opinions of those that are more committed to Leicester, whether that's concerns about relegation or criticism of the referee against Everton, both of which, as a neutral, I think are completely unfounded.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Thibaud, now that she seems to have settled, is the only one I really rate in the middle.  I thought the signing of Ale might mean one of the previous full backs would move inside, but there is no sign of that yet.  It won't matter this season but going forward improvement in central defence is definitely needed.

As I frequent this thread more than any other it's probably time to come clean and explain that after a quarter of a century of following women's football I only support the Lionesses and am neutral regarding club football (in the men's game it's the opposite - I only care about Leicester and I don't give a toss about England or any league Leicester are not in).  I have history that makes me reluctant to commit to Leicester going back to their ultimately unsuccessful attempts to manipulate the County Cup in 2016-17 (I know how to bear a grudge!).  My team from then no longer exists at the same level though that night of celebrating with them at the Baracuda Bar will never be forgotten.  I'm still on the committee of that club which now primarily runs junior teams.  I watch all the WSL as a neutral including Leicester's games but I'm finding a lot of likeable characters in the squad, especially the horrifically unfortunate Hannah Cain, so I'm slowly coming around. 

In the meantime it's interesting to see the opinions of those that are more committed to Leicester, whether that's concerns about relegation or criticism of the referee against Everton, both of which, as a neutral, I think are completely unfounded.

Kirk’s mentioned a few times that we left ourselves light at the back because of wanting the right player (and I assume feeling we have enough to get by as is, because we do) rather than just signing anyone, as long as it’s sorted in the summer and we get a good partner alongside Thibaud I’m happy, shame Ash Plumptre left because I’d have liked to see that pairing.

And re: the ref Sunday I didn’t notice anything particularly better/worse than any other ref but that’s from watching on TV rather than at the game. Look to be about clear of any relegation scrap now too (West Ham beating Bristol City and us winning at the weekend puts some nice daylight there) but finishing lower than 7th/8th would feel like a bit of a disappointment considering how many games we’ve been in winning positions of and stuffed up so I get the fear to a degree.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

maybe they will move Sam Tierney back to CB, she signed as a defender

She is one of our most technical players and can see how important she is playing up the pitch, cant see her been moved back.

She isnt even listed as a defender now on the squad page.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Kirk’s mentioned a few times that we left ourselves light at the back because of wanting the right player (and I assume feeling we have enough to get by as is, because we do) rather than just signing anyone, as long as it’s sorted in the summer and we get a good partner alongside Thibaud I’m happy, shame Ash Plumptre left because I’d have liked to see that pairing.

And re: the ref Sunday I didn’t notice anything particularly better/worse than any other ref but that’s from watching on TV rather than at the game. Look to be about clear of any relegation scrap now too (West Ham beating Bristol City and us winning at the weekend puts some nice daylight there) but finishing lower than 7th/8th would feel like a bit of a disappointment considering how many games we’ve been in winning positions of and stuffed up so I get the fear to a degree.

Agree with the BIB, but I actually have Leicester 2 points up on what I would have expected at the start of the season and that's only because at that point I would have gone for a draw at Everton.  I can't be bothered to look back but I think I posted pre-season that either 8th or 9th was the best Leicester could expect.  7th is definitely in play now, but I'd make Villa favourites for that.  I rate Carla Ward and I'm amazed how Villa have under-performed but I still expect them to get their arses in gear sooner or later.  Maybe it won't happen though, especially if they lose Blindkilde Brown.

• Like 1

that's grounds for us to sack him not them, though I guess if they were already having doubts it would push them over to that side

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Jonathan Morgan sacked by Sheffield United after new evidence of his actions before he arrived at the club making his position there untenable 

Thought had already left by mutual consent or something. 

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Thought had already left by mutual consent or something. 

he stood down for the investigation then returned after being cleared.

The full allegations are in the Athletic today, now I've seen them they did the right thing and he's done in football, he's alleged to have had a 3 year relationship with a player that started when she was just 17, though he claims she was 18

Carrie Jones' stunning long-range strike earned Bristol City a draw with Aston Villa as the Women's Super League strugglers reduced their deficit at the bottom of the table.

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Carrie Jones' stunning long-range strike earned Bristol City a draw with Aston Villa as the Women's Super League strugglers reduced their deficit at the bottom of the table.

Quality goal, if they drop I'd take her back here next season, great young player

9 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Hattrick for Denny Draper, Nelly Las played the 90 and Simone Sherwood came on too

She’s going on to big things that girl, hopefully with us but would imagine she’ll be snapped up sooner rather than later by the rich clubs

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

She’s going on to big things that girl, hopefully with us but would imagine she’ll be snapped up sooner rather than later by the rich clubs

Let’s hope we can keep her for a season or two

12 minutes ago, Pita said:

Let’s hope we can keep her for a season or two

well playing her would be a start but she vanished from the bench even when we could barely fill a bench

36 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

My daughter wants to go to the man city game tomorrow.  How do I get away tickets?  Do I buy them direct from man city?  Assuming no segregation?  Any advice welcome

Goto man city women website. Book tickets and parking aswell, it's free to park. We are in West block 1 but id imagine there will be a few lcfc fans elsewhere. No segregation 

Edited by SK3Blue

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

well playing her would be a start but she vanished from the bench even when we could barely fill a bench

She's only had 10 mins v West Ham, I saw her at Derby in the cup at half time so she is around the senior players but we should have given her opportunities in the conti Cup in my opinion.

Only found out recently she's Mark Drapers daughter, ex Leicester mid 90s. 

10 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Be interesting to see if he sticks with kop in goal.

against Man City? he'll go Leitzig, her shot stopping is better and we'll have less of the ball which was why he went for Kop

42 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Goto man city women website. Book tickets and parking aswell, it's free to park. We are in West block 1 but id imagine there will be a few lcfc fans elsewhere. No segregation 

Thank you.  Much appreciated.  Now sorted 👍

2 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Hattrick for Denny Draper, Nelly Las played the 90 and Simone Sherwood came on too

Nel is a student where I work. Good kid. 

• Like 1