Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Just now, Jimmy said:

against Man City? he'll go Leitzig, her shot stopping is better and we'll have less of the ball which was why he went for Kop

She's the better shot stopper but I wouldn't say that's one of kop's weaknesses. With having less of the ball we can't afford to give it away cheaply and leitzig does that a fair bit with her distribution. I can see that being in kirks thinking. 

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

have the club made any comments about the Morgan issue? You'd think they would have been asked about it given he did it whilst working here..

I doubt they will make a statement, why would they? 

3 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

She's the better shot stopper but I wouldn't say that's one of kop's weaknesses. With having less of the ball we can't afford to give it away cheaply and leitzig does that a fair bit with her distribution. I can see that being in kirks thinking. 

if we are expecting a defensive bombardment I think they'll go with Leitzig, I expect she will be off in the summer to someone richer and better and Kop will be the undisputed number 1 next season

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The quality gap is insane in this league.

But from looking at them, most of their play is between 3-4 players, their number 25 and Park seem at least as good as mens league one level.

Are you being serious?

17 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Are you being serious?

Quick and accurate one touch passing, skipping over tackles and around players, spatial awareness.

Park I would even say completely transformed the game for them with the level of quality, and so much going through their 25 with ease, especially before Park came on.

59 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Quick and accurate one touch passing, skipping over tackles and around players, spatial awareness.

Park I would even say completely transformed the game for them with the level of quality, and so much going through their 25 with ease, especially before Park came on.

I meant being at least as good as league 1 level … do you see her fitting into the Portsmouth team for example …. 

Trying to find an explanation for why Leitzig is still on the bench…anyone know what’s up here? 

I will say that Kop is playing very well but I’m wondering if Janina has an injury or if there is something else going on. 

7 minutes ago, DeepSouthFOX said:

Trying to find an explanation for why Leitzig is still on the bench…anyone know what’s up here? 

I will say that Kop is playing very well but I’m wondering if Janina has an injury or if there is something else going on. 

Same as with Iversen. Deemed not good enough with the ball at her feet.

14 hours ago, trugerkem said:

I meant being at least as good as league 1 level … do you see her fitting into the Portsmouth team for example …. 

No, because the mens game has players that are stronger physically.

I am talking about the skill of the player rather than if they would compete.

Edited by Chrysalis

Good effort yesterday, Kop did well with the saves but her distribution wasn't great at times, there's no way Leitzig gets done on that corner either for the 2nd goal. 

Pelgander looks a useful addition, Howard and Bott stuck to their task well but Thibaud needs some bench time, I'd give Ale a start. 

Jess Park changed the game, crisp passing and energetic. 

• Like 1